• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

[Translated] Corocoro magazine

is there going to be a wishlist/news thread like we had with hgss? that was pretty fun and all the info from the corro-corro scans were there. should someone start that?

No one is forcing you to de-evolve your Pokemon, so I don't see the argument that it's a waste of your time, or you would be disappointed if it was an actual feature.

Only if De-evolution actually was so focused on that the quality of the game suffered because of the effort that went into "de-evolution" rather than something more useful, and even then we wouldn't even know that.

De-evolution goes against raising a Pokemon that Pokemon has set up
That sounds like competitive biasness to me, as the anime has shown that's not the case, and besides some people actually battle with any Pokemon. Someone had a baby Pokemon tournament, or a non evolved Pokemon tournament, so really saying that de-evolution is undermining that is really flawed.

Another reason for De-evolution that seems to be overlooked, split evolutions. Tyrogue evolves into three Pokemon, if you have Hitmonlee for example, why not de-evolve your Hitmonlee, to get Hitmonchan, or Hitmontop?

No one is forcing you to de-evolve your Pokemon, so I don't see the argument that it's a waste of your time, or you would be disappointed if it was an actual feature.

Only if De-evolution actually was so focused on that the quality of the game suffered because of the effort that went into "de-evolution" rather than something more useful, and even then we wouldn't even know that.

That sounds like competitive biasness to me, as the anime has shown that's not the case, and besides some people actually battle with any Pokemon. Someone had a baby Pokemon tournament, or a non evolved Pokemon tournament, so really saying that de-evolution is undermining that is really flawed.

Another reason for De-evolution that seems to be overlooked, split evolutions. Tyrogue evolves into three Pokemon, if you have Hitmonlee for example, why not de-evolve your Hitmonlee, to get Hitmonchan, or Hitmontop?

When did the anime ever discuss devolution?

De-evolution: Nature's 'Undo' Button.

No de-evolution please. You want that Hitmontop? Plan it out and work for it.

Evolution is supposed to come at a price in trade off for the power you get. Some moves you learn later; some moves you can longer learn and are now on track with a completely different set. That's what I like about the games, you have to get the most out of your Pokemon, you need to play smartly. This isn't some competitive rhetoric either, it's playing the game.

When did the anime ever discuss devolution?

That's not what I meant. I said in Anime evolution doesn't mean everything. Some trainers like their Pokemon un-evolved.

The issue wasn't de-evolution but rather, that someone can raise a Pokemon without evolving. Evolution in the anime is basically gravy to the mashed potatoes hard work, it's not necessary.

So saying evolution is everything in Pokemon is pretty much a lie, otherwise what's the point of pre-evolutions in the first place, why not just give us already powerful creatures?

No de-evolution please. You want that Hitmontop? Plan it out and work for it.
For someone who had ruby/sapphire and got a Hitmonchan for example didn't have the option because not only are the Tyrogue line all male (which means no Tyrogue), there was no ditto to be captured.

This isn't some competitive rhetoric either, it's playing the game.
That really is insulting to the people who prefer the cute Chimchar over Infernape, I mean I like evolutions I prefer them but even I can see that was a distasteful remark. Saying that they don't know how to play the game because someone doesn't evolve their Pokemon...

For someone who had ruby/sapphire and got a Hitmonchan for example didn't have the option because not only are the Tyrogue line all male (which means no Tyrogue), there was no ditto to be captured.

Probably a bad example, since I don't recall getting a Hitmonchan in RS. Plus, that's the same issue that was in RBGY, where you got Hitmonchan or Hitmonlee and had to trade for the other.

You have a togetic, teach it fly, deevolve it. Flying Togepi what??

They'll never do it.

If you got a Hitmonchan back then, it means that FRLG were already available and you could easily ask for a Ditto too, or even a Tyrogue; otherwise, I guess you received a hacked Hitmonchan. And just because you can't afford a certain species of Pokémon, it doesn't mean Game Freak has to program a devolution feature in future versions.

That really is insulting to the people who prefer the cute Chimchar over Infernape, I mean I like evolutions I prefer them but even I can see that was a distasteful remark. Saying that they don't know how to play the game because someone doesn't evolve their Pokemon...

What?

You just completely misinterpreted what I said.

dman_dustin said:
That sounds like competitive biasness to me...

You said that earlier. What my response was and what I'm saying is that playing the games with evolution as a hard choice is playing the games like they are meant to be played and isn't to be confused with the competitive rhetoric that many players will spray at you.

The hard choice being to stick with Chimchar or go for Infernape. Evolution is the hard choice. Stick with Chimchar because you like it and it'll learn attacks faster and possibly unique attacks? Or go for Infernape because it is inherently stronger and has the potential to learn other attacks.

If you throw in de-evolution, then where's the hard choice? Where's the restriction? Where's the logic of debating with yourself to evolve or not to evolve? De-evolutions seems like a slick way to undermine all of that. "Oh, no problem if I evolve him, I'll just de-evolve him later to get that nifty attack and then re-evolve him afterwards!" That's CHEAP and not something I want in my Pokemon game. Your decisions should matter.

The few circumstances where there might be a potential problem (like in your example) are all being treated so they do not exist at a core level. I think we're at the point where the limitations are all artificially created instead of some wacky data problem (e.g.: no one to link up with for trade evolutions; running out of stones for stone evolutions; can't connect to wifi). Throw in the fact that Ditto is available most anywhere, you can use Heart Scales to get certain attacks, and when all else fails, saving before you try to evolve a Pokemon, and I see no need to de-evolve Pokemon.

The de-evolving idea is shocking, it seems. However, this is a new method to evolve but not de-evolve. Imagine that it says that the games are going to introduce a new way to make Pokéblocks or Poffins, and finally there is a new way to eat them...

"I'll just use this devolution stone on my level 100 Salamence. Oh, I now have a level 100 Shelgon. I'll just level him up to evolve him again... oh wait..."

Fail.

Yes.Evolving in pokemon is a biological development like growth.And that can't be reversed,can it?

devolution would definitely ruin, or at least seriously impair the games. Like what was said before, if you can evolve/devolve whenever you want, what's the point of breeding or anything? there isn't any.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom