• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

[Translated] Corocoro magazine

You see why I am a Chinese...
革命的 means "revolution's"(adj) in Chinese

... *search in google*
innovatively is like, the same as revolutionary....
well, maybe 革命的 means the same in Chinese and English, but revolutionary don't mean the "revolutionary" in Chinese and Japanese.

Those kanji do mean "revolutionarily" in Japanese (的 is an adverbial marker), but those aren't the kanji on the page. The word in CoroCoro is 革新的.

Evolving doesn't mean to go backwards. So de-evolution isn't going to happen.

Are we not men?
We are DEVO.

The new method of Evolution is probably going to be similar to "NEW AND EXCITING" methods; such as level-up with happiness, level-up with an item, level-up in a certain location, level-up with happiness at night/day, level-up with X in the party, etc.

It'll be exactly the same, but also different.

De-evolution has been done in Pokemon before, in the TCG.

I don't see the problem of de-evolution, I mean to have a machine or potion or item that can de-evolce is at least a bit more unique than Digimon (unless in future seasons, the ones I didn't pay attention to, they add that way to Digimon).

But anyway I would love to be able to de-evolve my Pokemon if simply because it could be a great story, in the games, in the anime, in fan fiction.

I'm not sure it'll happen given the mechanics of moves and such but they could work around it.

The problem with devolution is that it potentially allows Pokémon to get moves that they otherwise couldn't (like if someone evolved a Kirlia into a Gallade, taught it an exclusive move, then devolved it and evolved it into a Gardevoir instead. If they took this into consideration, or limited it to just a couple Pokémon, it might be able to work, but I still have to ask: what's the point? If it's level-based, it'll just re-evolve soon anyway unless you prevent it.

The problem with devolution is that it potentially allows Pokémon to get moves that they otherwise couldn't (like if someone evolved a Kirlia into a Gallade, taught it an exclusive move, then devolved it and evolved it into a Gardevoir instead.
Like I said they could remedy this like they did with Rotom and it's forms exlusive moves, or gave it a random move in it's level up moveset, and then you'd have to relearn the moves.

But I still have to ask: what's the point? If it's level-based, it'll just re-evolve soon anyway unless you prevent it.

While I can't say for the games, in other media's it could be because a Pokemon accidentally evolved because they didn't have a chance. Like an Eevee being thrown into a pile of Water stones, and has no choice but to evolve. Or maybe there's a device that forces your Pokemon to evolve. De-evolution would be a way to remedy this.

In the games it could be for certain Pokemon you like over their evolutions. Like for example what if you like Elekid (or need to use Elekid in a specific baby Pokemon only tournament) but the only thing you can find is Electabuzz, and they are extremely rare and you can't even find a female and there aren't any ditto to be found either. De-evolution would help in that matter.

Now I understand the method wouldn't be very desired but it does have its potential, perhaps not game-wise but in terms of story or plot in the other medias. And just making it canon would do wonders.

What are you talkin' about? <_< I'm saying that maybe evolving and de-evolving is something that only Zorua can do, just a guess, that's all.

I had already said something in the 'New Methods of Evolution' and I'll say it here:

Hmmmmm, maybe it Zorua will evolve when it's health point are low during the battle, that would be so cool if it would be true :D Then, it de-evolves after the battle, or somethin' like that.

What do ya guys think?

Evolution is change over time, period. There is no backwards or forwards in it.

For the record, I could see a De-Evolution item induced in the games, ala the Evolution stones.

There is not going to be a devolution aspect. That doesn't make sense.

It's been in the TCG for ages, though. I don't see anything nonsensical about it. If one rock can make me grow, another rock can make you shrink.

De-evolution?
Like the Curious Case of Benjamin Button?
No thanks, I see it exactly as if an adult goes back to physically being child once again, and I would be majorly disappointed if it happened.

It's been in the TCG for ages, though. I don't see anything nonsensical about it. If one rock can make me grow, another rock can make you shrink.

The card game also has the ability to attack Pokémon that are on the bench (analogous to being in their Pokéballs) and the ability to remove Pokémon from play back into your hand, among other things. A lot of stuff happens in the card game that is essentially impossible in the video games, so saying that devolution happens in the card game isn't a valid argument.

Give me five good reasons why devolution would be a good addition to the game. Do it now.
Oh yeah?

1. It will make Zorua/Zoroark even more special if it had this ability.
2. It will make the game even cooler.
3. It will make you want to buy the game even more (for hardcore Pokemon fans)
4. It will make Zorua/Zoroark the first Pokemon in history (in video games) to be able to do this.
5. And it will be a pretty sweet ability for Zorua/Zoroark to have.

Oh yeah?

1. It will make Zorua/Zoroark even more special if it had this ability.
2. It will make the game even cooler.
3. It will make you want to buy the game even more (for hardcore Pokemon fans)
4. It will make Zorua/Zoroark the first Pokemon in history (in video games) to be able to do this.
5. And it will be a pretty sweet ability for Zorua/Zoroark to have.

1. True
2. How?
3. Not really
4. Why do think only Zoroark will get this ability
5. That's sounds like #1

Congratulations on making one true statement.

That devolution theory sounds a bit to much like Digimon to me. It'll give the old digi vs. pokemon ripoff debates new fodder to chew on which I'd rather leave dead.

Interesting in concept, it's available to the TCG, but I highly doubt pokemon will ever take that route in-game.

1. True
2. How?
3. Not really
4. Why do think only Zoroark will get this ability
5. That's sounds like #1

Congratulations on making one true statement.
2. It would make the game even cooler if Zorua/Zoroark is able to do this because no Pokemon can do this
3. Guess it's up to the person then, it's kinda silly just now to buy the game because Zorua/Zoroark have this kind of ability
4. Like I said in '1.', to make him even more special

P.S. There is a 99.99999999% that Zorua/Zoroark that they won't have the d-evolving ability, it's just a theory, but it would be cool if they have it.

2. It would make the game even cooler if Zorua/Zoroark is able to do this because no Pokemon can do this
3. Guess it's up to the person then, it's kinda silly just now to buy the game because Zorua/Zoroark have this kind of ability

P.S. There is a 99.99999999% that Zorua/Zoroark that they won't have the d-evolving ability, it's just a theory, but it would be cool if they have it.

You have NOTHING to base this "de-evolution" thing on. So quit talking out your ass.

i can't really get behind this theory. this is pokemon, not digimon. pokemon grow up and sleep in little balls. Digimon...do whatever it is that digimon do. De-evolution definitely shouldn't be in.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom