• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trash Cans...

Does no one remember the Max Revive that you pick up in the trash can inside that house in the Lake Valor resort in DPPt that's only accessible with Rock Climb? lol I always grab it. :p

First time I ever got it, I was just like "okay, who throws away that?!" lol

There used to be stuff in trash cans in the Abandoned Ship back in RSE. And the infamous 'Yuck! You shouldn't have looked!' trash can on the S.S. Anne where the Captain threw up lol. Scavenger hunts on trash cans should come back

As someone who played Red & Blue, I always check trash cans just in case. I still remember finding the great ball in the trash can in R/B, and leftovers in a trash can in one of the games, I think in R/S. They are, by standard, usually empty, but it never hurts to look. Just in case.

Pretty sure the Leftovers are in one in BW~ But yeah, I miss finding stuff in them; seems Gen 6 doesn't have much in them. Stop getting my hopes up by making trash cans and not letting me get junk from them~ 3:<

Yeah, they've pretty much stop putting items in trash cans. Maybe they don't want to teach kids that looking through trash is okay.

I check trash cans like there is no tomorrow. Every. Single. Time. Most of the time it turns up nothing, but in Black and White it scored me a Leftovers, of all things, so it is totally worth it.

Heck, I know where to find hidden items without a Dowsing Machine by now. You just pick up where odd terrain and such is, like an oddly empty spot in a patch of tall grass or a rock in the middle of the road, or other things. It's a shame the number of these items are gradually decreasing.

I haven't found anything in a long time. Sometimes I check plants as well. I remember that in the Rocket's Hideout in RGBY, there is an item in a plant.

Yeah, I kinda miss finding stuff in trash cans, that was a neat hiding place. But I guess they think that's too hard for mobile gamers (not that they would bother looking for hidden items in the first place).

I don't see the correlation between mobile gamers and finding hidden items in trash cans in games that are released on handheld consoles. Care to explain?

For the topic on hand, I don't think this started with X and Y. I remember not finding anything interesting in trash cans a long time ago. I still check them to see if Game Freak ever decided to place items in their again, but nope. Maybe next game?

The mobile gamers comment was shade towards Masuda lol

Anyway, I've never checked the trash cans. I remember getting an Ultra Ball and Leftovers in the SS Anne (can't remember if in the Johto or Kanto games) but never anything else remotely useful.

Comrades,

i think it's just trolling by gamefreak at this point. they have to know there's still a ton of people who always look in each one. instead of getting peoples hopes up they should just rid of them.

White 2 has a few items within trash cans. You actually receive a Medal for checking trash cans a number of times. I keep my Dowsing Machine on where ever I go in case of finding something in the trash.

Has everyone forgotten that in X and Y, the best Pokemon that has ever existed is found only in trash cans on Tuesdays?

pokemon-rotom-amp-039-s-problem_o_2275079.jpg

Somewhere down the line there's gonna be a Mew hiding in a trashcan and when you find it you get the message; "Took you long enough!"

Someday trashcan Mew... Someday.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom