• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

COMPLETE: Tree vs. Grass PG-13, maybe R--Anime

ImJessieTR

Does Team Rocket hire?
Reaction score
Author's Note: This is a story about will vs creativity. What does it take to take down the most powerful being on earth? This story is based on a thought experiment my brother and I had when we were watching Pokemon 3.

Chapter 1
The city of Greenfield had had its share of ups and downs: lackluster school attendance, uneven wealth, and an invisible presence on most Johto maps. The only thing going for it, a few enormous mansions set atop sunflora-covered hilltops, was the very thing that scared most of its citizens.

Most people, especially the adults, had complained nearly every week in town meetings that the city council should be doing more than just accepting the status quo -- it should focus on the beauty of the environment so tourism could increase and so could revenue.

However, the Crystal Incident changed all that. The citizens still tossed and turned at their nightmares of encroaching crystal formations that seemed to envelope everything it touched. Many buildings had been badly damaged, even after the crystal receded back to The House. The House had become parodied in numerous made-for-TV movies about the disaster, small attempts by the public to cope with a life-threatening apocalypse. Counselors had to be flown in specifically to help people deal with the immeasurable trauma that accompanied what turned out to be a selfish toddler's whim. Many citizens wanted to move to get away, but their hearts were paralyzed. This had been their home for generations and now it felt like the crystal was still there, imprisoning them.

Marie sat in her faux-leather chair, rocking back and forth slightly, adjusting her glasses atop her nose. It was the second time today the girl in front of her in the small blue plastic chair had been sent to her office, a makeshift room just outside the schoolyard. Marie had been one of the most celebrated counselors on Goldenrod Radio and the public practically expected her to show up to Greenfield to help with its recovery. The case she was most interested in, however, was the young girl who was on the verge of suicide.

The girl, about ten, wore wavy brown locks tied by a bow-shaped barrette in the back. She wore a long black coat over her blue uniform. Her eyes were sunken, her face pallid, and her arms scuffed and bruised from numerous fights with her classmates. She rocked gently, echoing the counselor, but more frighteningly as she seemed to be devoid of emotion. From what she knew, the girl had a past of abandonment issues stemming from a father who was always away at work and leaving her at home with the hired help. Most of the time she played alone in her room with her many dolls, dreaming up stories for them where the little baby doll was endlessly trying to find its parents. The baby would come home and want to tell about her first day of school, but it was met by an empty room. Marie had had a conference with her father, explaining the delicate situation.

The father sighed. "I know I've been away. I didn't realize how much it hurt her. I have a job," he pleaded, looking up hopefully at the counselor. "I can't just NOT go to work. Besides," he added uncomfortably, "I thought she'd be happy I was trying to find her mother."

The counselor leaned forward in interest. "Did you tell her that was the reason you were leaving?"

The father shook his head. "I didn't believe I should burden her with such traumatic news."

"And yet you expected a five-year-old girl to understand your sudden disappearance, even after her mother abandoned her?" Marie asked, slightly put off but trying to remain polite.

He pounded his fist on the table. "I MADE A MISTAKE!" he boomed, his deep voice rattling a glass of water on her desk. He shook his head and sighed heavily, his long graying hair swaying mournfully around his face. He managed to lower his voice. "I have tried to make amends. I have included her in some of my assignments. I stay home more often -- not only to spend time with her but to spend time with my wife. I realize I was headed for the same thing that happened last time --" he caught himself, sighing, and changed the subject back to his daughter. "She has been seeing you for two years now. I've been seeing you. You've noted that I'VE improved, but what about Molly? She still hangs my past over my head like a sword."

Marie smiled confidently and leaned back. "I'm certain she'll bounce back in time. Most children adapt well to stressful situations. All it takes is a little patience and she'll blossom in your hands."

Marie spoke first, brushing long black hair out of her eyes. Her voice was calm and quiet, respectful of the child in front of her. "You can tell me what happened."

"They're not going to stop," the girl whispered like a zombie. "You're powerless to stop them." She quickly glanced up at the counselor. "I'm powerless to stop them."

"The other kids?" Marie asked, although she knew the answer was far more depressing.

"All of them," the girl replied. "Even you. I'm not human anymore. I'm just a worn statue getting eaten by acid rain."

Marie sighed. "It will take time for the citizens of Greenfield to come to grips with what happened at your house, Molly. Please give them time."

Molly's expression didn't change. "Five years ..."

"Disasters can take what seems like forever to forgive," Marie added. "Isn't there anyone who'll be your friend this year? Perhaps you need to find another quote-unquote "unpopular" kid. You both would know something of rejection and can learn from each other."

"I had friends. They left."

"Although your friends are on pokemon journeys, you're still in their hearts and minds. They still love you very much."

Molly looked up at the counselor. Why did these mandatory sessions go nowhere? Why couldn't the counselor just admit that she couldn't change other people's minds? Why did everyone have to pretend that the damage was reversible? "That's why they left," she said finally. "They wanted to be famous, not infamous as the friends of the psycho kid."

"No one thinks that, Molly."

Molly stood and began to walk to the door. Without looking back, she asked, "May I go? We're powerless to stop them. There's no point in continuing."

Marie stood, compassion written deep within the small crow's feet on her face. "I'd like to help you, Molly. You have to let me."

Molly shrugged. "Can you make them stop? Can you make them forget? Do you know what it's like to be hunted for five years for a selfish mistake? Even if you grow older, even if you mature, even if you try to be better -- no one cares about that. They never see you. They see the 'you' on the news. Your image immortalized in their brains." Without even getting permission to leave, Molly exited the small room with the walls plastered with traumatized kid's drawings -- most of them portraying the crystal and an evil Molly terrorizing the city, an unconscious shrine to the very problem Marie could not see. Slowly, as she stared at the posters, she realized that Molly was being tormented by the endless accusations that she was a Destroyer of Peace. She got up, walked over to the posters and studied them for a few moments. Finally, she came to a decision: Molly's problem was that she couldn't empathize with how the other kids felt.

Having weathered another long day at her school prison, Molly rushed for the relative sanctity of her father's butler's car. Sometimes, the Hale family butler embarrassed Molly. She already was different and her family wealth just exacerbated it. However, he was a godsend when school was over and she had to return to her luxurious multi-storied home. It would be a three-hour walk, so the butler had to drive her home to ensure her safety from bullies of all ages.

During the ride home, she looked at the sprawling green landscape scrolling past her window. She avoided looking at the sky, for she was terrified he'd be there, taunting her. Her mother, when she had returned, having heard of her family's plight on the news, told her that her imaginary friends were evil spirits bent on taking her away from her real family. She told her young daughter that she had to stop fearing the fantasy creature would return, or he would do exactly that to destroy her soul. Far into the distance, near some wooded areas, she saw a tall hooded figure in brown sackcloth robes, nearly camouflaged against the tree trunks. The figure kept its head down, two strange lumps on the sides of the top of its head protruding, the robes flowing abnormally behind it as though something else was behind the figure, waving in the wind. In the back of her mind, she saw her friend Ash Ketchum, throwing himself into opposing beams of red and blue light, his mouth and eyes pleading desperately, the light of his own soul vanishing in turn. She smirked, relieved that Ash was no longer suffering, like she did every single day. And yet, she noticed the younger version of herself staring at her in the window, a reflection of impossibility. She didn't notice the half-inch crystalline border around the window. Finally, she moved back into her seat and held herself, staring at the floorboard. She remembered the confident ten-year-old 'gym leader' version of herself she had become when she fought Misty, but it was fascinating and depressing to realize that the real ten-year-old looked nothing like that.

As she closed her eyes, she felt the bright sun warm her skin and the breeze swim past her body in undulating invisible motions. She could feel herself flying through the air, eventually against the backdrop of a cream-colored moon that dwarfed her tiny body, but as she felt her eyes open to survey the surroundings, the scenery turned to darkness before she could recognize the places beneath her. Soon the sensation of flight turned to that of falling for what seemed like forever. As soon as she felt as though she was certain to hit the ground and splatter like thrown spaghetti, she gasped and opened her eyes for real. She glanced again at the trees in the distance, but there was no hooded figure.

A large crater replaced several trees in that spot, a peculiar area of devastation among a thriving green forest.

Last edited:
Chapter 2

Molly stared at the ceiling while lying in bed after an early dinner. Her room had matured since ... then: the toddler toys replaced with somber tones on the walls decorated with glow in the dark stars, a new ceiling fan that shone with gold and silver floral designs, and her old dresser had been replaced by a sleeker, more modern one. For a child's room, there were no toys, not even a small locked journal that some kids like to keep in secret. Not that she had any secrets. Although the paparazzi craze had died down after the first year, namely due to their fear of her as displayed by their shuddering every time a member of the Hale family walked by, it seemed as though every thought had become transparent and accessible to the whole world. She could remember playing in her room with her father on the rare days he was home; they would gallop around the room and share bedtime stories of powerful symbol-shaped pokemon and her childhood favorite, Entei. He was like a big ol' Ursaring: warm and huggable. With the plume of smoke on his back he looked like he was wearing a superhero cape and could thus save any person who found themselves in danger. He was a hero.

And then her father left abruptly, even more abruptly than usual. He only said that he had to go, that it was important. She couldn't understand what was more important than protecting and loving her, doing what a father was supposed to do. It was bad enough when her mother left, and now he was going away too. That was when she found her father's stash of the unown, the symbol-shaped pokemon. At first she thought it was a word game, but they soon came alive and catered to her every wish, including her deep-seated desire to have a Protector who would love her and never leave her, ever. The Entei they created, an infinitely-powered Guardian of the Volcano, accomodated her every command and even encouraged her to do so. So she built a perfect family for herself, replacing her mother with her father's college-days crush. At least Mrs. Ketchum would stay. She had been loyal to Ash for years, even though she had to raise him alone. She would never dream of leaving her child -- and Molly wanted that devotion for herself.

She had been happy, Molly wistfully remembered. And all everyone could think of was how to shatter it to pieces. She realized now, although she didn't have the courage to tell anyone this, that they were being just as selfish as they accused her of being. All they wanted to do was to make everything normal again. But her life had never been normal. She was always alone -- that was her normality. Even Ash wouldn't play with her and keep her company anymore now that he was on a pokemon journey. Mrs. Ketchum returned to Pallet and all Molly gets from her now is the annual Hanukkah card, a tribute to the Hale family heritage despite a different set of beliefs. Molly cursed to herself. Her parents were there now, but it was like throwing a glass of water on a forest fire -- too little, too late.

A knock on the door broke her away from her thoughts. Her father, archaelogist Spencer Hale, entered and sat down on her bed. He had been home for the past month, forgoing an assignment to be with her, supposedly. Molly wouldn't meet his eyes. Instead, she turned over, turning her back to him. "I wish things could've been different, Molly," he told her, sighing. "I know it's been hard because everyone seems to be afraid of us. You can't seem to go anywhere without being reminded of past mistakes." He looked around at the bare room. "I had to find your mother. I know now that I should have told you sooner. I just wanted to make things right. That doesn't mean I was successful. I never did find her, despite my wishes. I just didn't want to lose everything that meant something to me, not again. I ... had experience a long time ago of messing up a marriage by not coming home often enough, and I didn't want the same thing to happen to your mother and me." He stared at the unresponsive body of his daughter, stung by her silence. "Haven't I tried to improve? Haven't I taken on fewer assignments and spent more time with you? Even if everyone turns against us, I want you to know that you still have your family."

Molly waited for a moment before answering, knowing her catty response wouldn't be taken well. Yet she said it, despite realizing it would make her father angry. "... for a change," she mumbled.

Instead of showing anger, Professor Hale, his long graying-black hair lying on his broad shoulders, stood and sighed almost silently, as if he wished to keep his disappointment from his daughter. He walked to the door and paused. Looking back, he said in a barely disappointed voice, "I'm making the effort, Molly. I'm here when you're ready to need me again." With that, he left.

Molly closed her eyes, but a strange sound began to come from her closet to the left. She cautiously got up and opened the wardrobe, searching for the weird sound, concerned that it could be a demon lurking in the darkness, ready to overpower her for her forced disbelief. Looking up she spied the storybook she and her father had read when she was a young child.

It should be locked away, she thought. What she saw instead made her blood run cold.

The pages were casually flipping by themselves from beginning to end.

Is this what you want? asked a booming male voice from out of nowhere. Are these what you wish to see? it added as the pages stopped to display prominently the unown swirling in a sea of darkness.

Molly gasped and nearly fell as she stumbled backwards. The voice -- it was just like Entei's, except slightly sadder. How could he be back? According to everyone she knew, he only appeared because the unown created him for her. But they disappeared after Entei sacrificed himself to protect her and her friends from the unown's power. So, it couldn't be him. Even so, she imagined she could still feel the immeasurable warmth he provided surrounding her in a heated cocoon of safety. No! She didn't want to believe it -- well, she did, but her mother said Entei would only come back as a demon spirit to punish her for believing in him and consume her spirit. Would he remember her, after all this time? Would he still love -- no! He was trying to scare her, and it was working. Her heart was racing inside of her throat. That could only mean that Entei was here to attack her. She stuttered for the right words. "I ... I ... don't want ... the ... them ... anymore," she finally announced quietly. "I just want things to be real. Living that dream just made things worse." She gulped. She didn't like lying to Entei, or whatever demon this was. She wanted to feel safe again. She wanted to feel loved again, by someone who didn't spend time with her out of guilt, but out of genuine love and affection.

The book flung past her and hit the wall behind her, dropping with a hard thump on the floor. Molly stifled a scream. Entei wasn't real -- she accepted that long ago, despite her fear that he may one day return. The nagging thought beginning to bubble inside her head, however, was that Entei had never been able to do something like that. He was a fire pokemon, not a psychic one. It must be a demon!

I came here to find peace, the voice continued, albeit more angrily, but you've brought me nothing but pain, a torture I can't readily identify. Why are you attacking me?

Molly could feel the anger well up inside her, even though its accusations left her a little confused. Attack him? She was the one who should attack! She tried to live her dreams and they all came crashing down on her! She had lost all of her friends to fear! She was no longer worthy of happiness! Her dreams had been snatched away from her just so everyone else could feel better!

He had been having nightmares ever since coming to this part of the region of Johto and he couldn't explain them. When he first spotted the girl, he could sense a strange power near her. As they looked at each other, he could feel old memories that he tried every day to live down. He could feel the swirling storm of rage that had clouded his heart and projected onto the environment. He could feel the sacrifice that pierced his closed heart, which reminded him of something he once felt in the glow of moonlight.

As he had approached, however, he could sense the unmitigated rage and despair of this young female. She had lost something precious to her and wanted to blame him for this loss. At least, that's what he figured since her thoughts by now were a tumultuous whirlpool of confusion. She wanted to hide but she also wanted to take out her frustrations on him. She didn't care about the pain she was causing him. Despite her just being a child, he felt he should discipline her. One cannot go about hurting others, a lesson he's had to grasp every waking moment of his life.

She had turned six that day. Her father and mother spent all day in her room with her, holding her as she cried when the other kids threw away her birthday cupcake she got from her teacher, who had been the most understanding, despite what happened the year before. Molly complained through the sobbing that he still haunted her in her dreams, afraid that she did not love him anymore and that he would share his pain with her.

Her mother, a soft-spoken brunette who still seemed a little uncomfortable being home again, especially after learning who had been in her house during the dramatic nightmare, carried her daughter to her dresser, where the storybook lay. The mother glanced back at the father. "This book ... has to go," she said sternly.

Molly looked up at her mother's soft features. "No!" she cried in horror. "That helps me remember my friend Entei! You can't take it away!"

Her mother put the young crying girl down, shaking her head. "Those memories are eating you away inside, Molly. The only way to get rid of your pain is to confront it. You can't let it have power over you." Despite vigorous pulling on her legs and wailing and pleading, Molly's mother bound the book in soft leather ribbons and placed it in a safe with the keys inside. "You can't let your nightmares attack you by encouraging them. They're not here to heal you, they're here to maim your spirit. I'm doing this for your own good."

"I'm not going to be afraid of you anymore!" Molly proudly proclaimed, determined to confront this demon that still haunted her. She ran to her dresser for her pokeball, inside which slept her Teddiusra, Moonlight. She had been training it hard in the beginning, but she was no longer allowed to train it for battling once her parents started to fear she'd use her pokemon to take on the unforgiving public. Still, she should still be nearing the evolutionary stage, Molly figured. "Come on out, Moonlight!"

The red energy beam shot forth from the red and white ball, hitting the ground with a sizzling sound as the tiny bear pokemon with the crescent moon patch on its face materialized. The bear pokemon, Moonlight, searched for the intruder by sniffing all over the room, but it reared up in confusion, not able to find anything.

Molly shook her head. "I know something's here. Even if you just feel something strange -- attack with crunch!"

The deep voice laughed briefly. So you wish to hurt me, is that it? I can tear apart your entire mansion from here, little girl.

... from here? Molly wondered. It was then that it hit her that the intruder hadn't intruded at all -- physically. "Coward!" she screamed. "You like to torture children long distance? I can play this sort of game too, you know!" Motioning for Moonlight to follow, Molly rushed out her bedroom door, keeping her thoughts focuse on just one thing -- the complete and utter destruction of the source of her pain. She realized she should hide what she was looking for from her thoughts, or else she wouldn't give the element of surprise.

For that reason her mission was clear. If she ever hoped to be rid of the nightmare of her past, she'd have to take down the demon that was trying to shove it back into her face. It was bad enough that everyone in Greenfield hated her; she couldn't stand for even a demon to rebuke her. She was bullied by everyone -- and now she was going to bully back the only way she knew how.

She silently entered her father's office down the long hallway on the second floor. When she found the small ceramic tiles with unown inscriptions on them, her fingers tingling with the sensation of power, a rush that was like bungee jumping off the radio tower in Goldenrod with just concrete ready to meet you, a white light surrounded her, making her feel as if she the same substance as air and making her stomach feel queasy. She soon found herself in the front courtyard with the circular driveway. She looked behind her and her eyes widened in disbelief as she found her house was no longer there, only the traces of its foundation.

So he could.... Although she hated what her parents had become, a bunch of sniveling pretenders, she felt as though this demon was taking away her family again. True, she didn't really feel like loving them the way she used to, but it should be her decision whether her family existed or not!

Molly had had enough. She summoned the power lying dormant within the tiles, feeling their psychic power flowing through her body once more, while crystalline formations radiated out from her feet to form a floral shape several feet across.

The deep voice seemed almost amused. I have no desire to hurt you, child, it said. But I WILL take some information from you, to find out why I cannot sleep well in this place.

As Molly felt what seemed like strings of light threading through her mind, spikes of crystal enveloped her, reflecting the telepathic assault away from her. She looked at Moonlight and nodded. Certain the crystals would shield her thoughts and voice, she instructed her pokemon to search for the demon. She would need Moonlight to finish off this terror, but she wanted to fight it herself. It was what she wanted -- no, needed to get Entei's voice out of her mind forever. She growled in fury and the crystal spikes in turn shot up straight into the sky like a solid flame, surrounding her except for a small section in the front, so her voice could carry to wherever the demon was.

"You may want to back down," Molly roared. "But I don't!"

Last edited:
Chapter 3

Near the rubble of the old windmill, a cloaked figure watched the young girl power up, crystal spikes shooting up into the sky. For such a violent reaction, he found himself thinking, it was very beautiful. The approaching moonlight caused the spikes to shimmer, the patterns of light reflected on the ground surrounding her.

He had been traveling for a couple of days before he reached this quiet town, and he was tired of journeying. He preferred the quiet countryscape of Johto to the more urban Kanto. Even though ... Team Rocket's ... presence could be seen here as well, it wasn't as bad. As long as he stayed on the move, he could conceivably be comfortable here. During his journey he had noticed that the people of this small city barely went out among their peers. An aura of fear and mistrust pervaded the area. He had sensed the source was inside one of the ornate mansions on the hill, and that's when he spotted the car driving toward a mansion with a little girl inside. Now his journey was tied into her desire to fight back, even if she didn't know who or what she was attacking -- just as long as she fought, to quell her rage.

Before he had teleported from the edge of the woods where he first saw the girl, he shifted the robe until he could see his left big toe, one of two. His feet were shaped like a ninja's sandal, forming two toes on each foot. He muttered to himself, cursing his injury, and teleported out of sight. A week ago he had stopped travelling, his soul tired from the journey. He had begun to feel sorry for himself, recalling the words of an old friend that it was not right that they should hide in the shadows. The more he meditated on it, the more he felt an electric aura in the air. He felt a shock coming through the ground and his large left toe displayed a lightning-shaped pattern, formed when electricity damages the capillaries in the skin.

He turned and spotted a giant yellow tiger-like pokemon with black stripes and a faint blue tail in the shape of lightning. The pokemon introduced itself by bowing. I am Raikou, Guardian Beast of the Storm, it said. Do you require my assistance?

The hooded figure shook his head. Just as the Guardian was about to run away, the figure asked, The Guardians run constantly around Johto, but why? Don't you ever get tired of it?

The Guardian stopped and looked back at him. We are bidden by Ho-oh to watch over humans and pokemon alike. We cannot do so effectively by keeping still. Our mission requires eternal vigilance.

And it never bothers you that you have no home?

Raikou shook his head. I take pride and honor in my obligations and duties. With that, he ran away, his footprints dissolving in the soft earth as quickly as they had formed.

He, the one without a home, soon discovered a teddiursa standing next to him. Before he could ask the female bear pokemon, which wore a thin pink scarf around its neck, the reason for this ill-timed visit, a wave of crystal spikes rushed toward them at lightning speed. He had barely enough time to teleport the both of them to safety when the crystals covered and scoured the very earth on which he had been sitting. He realized this pokemon was domesticated, likely her pokemon, although it still made his skin crawl to use that type of phrase, for pokemon truly belonged to no one but themselves. He also realized that her mind must be completely torrential and chaotic now, as she was willing to attack so strongly even though her pokemon was nearby and could easily have been killed.

They reappeared on the edge of the missing foundation. He had teleported the entire household to another region for safekeeping, the inhabitants forced into unconciousness, until he could figure out the strange aura coming from this girl. He had learned through investigating her room that she was a fan of the unown -- a species of pokemon he had yet to come across since his move to this region.

This young human girl was beginning to get on his nerves. Yet she was capable of being threatening, he'd give her that. He could sense the selfish void that filled her with hatred.

Perhaps, he thought, he could talk her out of destroying half the countryside. Child, let's work things out, he said finally. She whipped around within the crystal structure and gestured in a way he assumed was an insult. Very well, but you don't understand the power you're using. If you keep absorbing that strange power, it will consume you! He was answered by a stinging pain on his arm, followed by hundreds of stinging pains. A swarm of tiny crystal stinging insects were sucking away his life force. Despite his pain he glanced over at the young, and now proud and cocky Teddiursa, and teleported her away some distance, to protect her from the attack to follow, since he knew from experience that he could conceivably kill everything within a hundred yards with this attack. His eyes shone with a cobalt-blue light and a wave of psychic energy exploded from him, pushing away the stinging crystals and nearly shattering the girl's crystal tower of defence. He could hear her laugh from inside the cracking structure. Pieces of the tower, especially at the top, began to crumble and fall to the ground in huge clumps.

"So, you're just like all the other bullies!" she exclaimed.

Bullies? he inquired angrily. You attacked me!

"Stop lying!" she screamed, causing the crystals to reform around her and grow into four times the diameter of the original tower. He took off, hovering just a few feet above the ground, for he found the crystals were incredibly painful to the touch, perhaps mirroring her mood. He saw her young form contort in fury, her brown hair flying wildly about as wave after wave of psychic energy stormed through her. "You won't leave me alone! Why can't I just forget about you?"

Last edited:
Thanks, but I probably won't write another chap until my next days off. I have like 3 stories I'm working on, but this one I want to finish up quickly so I can get back to the others. I've always wondered how Mewtwo would battle the unown. He prefers big straightforward attacks while the unown specialize in creative attacks. My brother says Mewtwo should win -- and he may -- but he'll have to earn it! :D

This is very entertaining. You did a very good job of setting up the mood of the whole story, and it's effective. The only thing that I kept thinking, though, is how this girl is only ten but has such profound thoughts. I don't know, I don't really remember what i thought about when I was ten. Anyway, keep up the excellent work!

I know ... I thought about that too when I wrote it. However, my excuse is that the Crystal Incident, as I like to call it, opened her mind (and in my TR Trilogy, made her completely insane) to the extent that she has matured intellectually beyond her age. I mean, if you suddenly had all the universe's possibilites accessible, you might become weird yourself. To me, she's kind of like JeanGrey/Phoenix, but without her own psychic powers. She has tasted cosmic power and can think more creatively because of that, but she relies on using the unown to have powers.

Oh, yeah and coming up... Molly has to learn how to get under Mewtwo's skin. Amber is obvious, but is there anything else that could traumatize him so he can't attack her?

Author's Note: I've edited the first 3 chapters to address some criticisms. Please read them first and see if that's an improvement. Also, I have hinted at the fact that Molly is battling Mewtwo, but I don't want him to identify himself as that destroys the whole concept of keeping his identity secret (but it's probably a moot issue now anyway).

Chapter 4

Forget what? the Unnatural One demanded. He was reminded of demanding the human children he met forget that they ever saw him, though now he realized that perhaps letting someone else know your past can help prevent another occurrence. I just met you! He hovered above the now-crystallized ground, shimmering in the moonlight, and circled her to stay away from the crystal projections she was tossing at him every so often. Whatever problems you're having, you have no right to hurt me!

He realized suddenly that this battle was extremely visible. Devoted to living in the shadows, primarily to stay out of the hands of greedy and abusive humans, the openness of this event was beginning to alert him. He quickly teleported high into the sky, out of visual range of most humans. From this height he could see inside the cylindrical tower she had created for herself, and she was still glowing with an aura of intense fury, alternating with moments of fear, apparently for her family. Whatever had happened to her in the past, or perhaps the emotional roller coaster was due to her age -- in any case, she was very disturbed. He, Mewtwo, the Team Rocket-created clone of Mew, could not seriously harm such a deluded child without becoming the heartless monster he once was. More than anything, he wished to live life to its fullest, to grow a seedling of hope within the despaired ground which bore him.

He decided he would try to wear her down, or convince her to calm down. Either way, it was obviously wrong to harm such a troubled soul.

Molly, meanwhile, had no such compassionate thoughts. Five years of pent-up rage could finally be expressed, and she intended to hide her true feelings no longer. Even if her sacrifice of her innocence brought forth the demon to punish her for loving Entei, it was worth it if she could finally be true to herself and stop pretending she didn't want her hero returned to her. Besides, she figured, if she attacked hard enough maybe he could take away her pain by killing her so she could return to her hero. How tragically romantic that would be!

She could feel this strange demon trying to get inside her head. If only she could be a dark elemental, then she'd have an advantage over this apparently psychic creature, if demons worked the same way as pokemon. She felt the desperate despair she felt when Ash's Charizard battled Entei, despite the incredible power difference. She was petrified of losing her hero and protector after so short a time.

No! she thought to herself. The demon is just taunting me, she acknowledged, taunting me with my fear of losing Entei. I loved him, she admitted to herself. She screamed, "I'm tired of everyone telling me that I was wrong!" She imagined herself flying toward the cloaked demon and it was so, and as she got closer she noticed a purple, muscular tail protrude from the bottom of the cloak. Is this a demon or a pokemon, she wondered. No matter. It is here to eat her soul, and force her into a future of misery, something she can take no longer. She reared back her fist and thrust it toward her enemy, hitting a shield of blue light that seemed to appear out of nowhere. A force field, she thought. D---. However, a thought occurred to her, as if whispered in her ear by hundreds of voices.

She grabbed the shield tightly with her hands, withstanding the gusting winds that threatened to fling her away to the ends of the earth.

Stop at once! the thing demanded angrily. I will not fight a child, much less kill you! I will, however, help you ease your troubled mind.

"Even worse!" she retorted, holding onto the shield with dear life. Listening to the voices inside her head, she reared back, pulling at the shield with all her might. She could feel the light's energy absorb through her fingers and up her arms and finally through her whole body until she seemed to be one with it. Her eyes closed shut with the strain automatically, as if keeping them open would allow her eyeballs to burst out.

When she felt the tension ease, she reopened her eyes to find a thick swamp of black tar as far as the eye could see, with only a few grassy islands dotting the morose landscape. She waved her arms and bid the tar to be swept away violently and it did so at her command. When half the sticky blackness had been swept away, a humanoid feline creature, pale lavender with a muscular purple tail floated in front of her, its eyes glowing sapphire blue. She grinned and laughed condescendingly. "Let's see how you like being invaded!"

As the tar flew away from them, it formed all the various humans this ... thing ... had met. And although Molly was momentarily surprised to see Ash, Misty and Brock among the figures, she didn't show such an emotion to this intruder. She held out her hand toward the tarpits, bidding a figure to come forth, something that was hidden deep within the inner depths of the pit and might hurt him like he was hurting her by reminding her of her loss.

A young girl with long wavy hair appeared in an Easter spring dress, with lace on the bottom hem and a small bow just below the neckline. Her face was innocent and pure and beamed with a tremendous appreciation for life.

The intruder stared curiously at this figure, Molly noted. Just as she expected... he (she was certain by now it was a he) lost someone he loved too. She turned her attention to the creature and laughed cruelly. "Do you know what it's like to lose a loved one? In case you don't remember, let me show you!"

Before he could react, she put her hands together as though clapping and suddenly tore them apart and watched with dark glee as the figure ripped into a million pieces before disappearing entirely. She crowed, "Now you know how I feel! I want you to feel the same way -- unloved and abandoned by those who said they cared for you!"

The creature stared at the spot for some time before smirking, completely flabbergasting the troubled young Molly. He looked back at her and continued to smirk in confidence.

Was that the best you could do, young one? he asked haughtily. I don't know who that was ... do some more research before trying to act like a psychic expert. I can't feel the loss of someone I don't know! Besides, even if I knew her from my past, I'm learning to get past it! I suggest you do the same!

She couldn't believe it. She was certain destroying an important loved one's memory would devastate him. His almost callous reaction stunned her. The loss of a loved one's memory would be the worst Hell she could come up with for herself -- and he just shrugged it off? She broke off contact with his mind and flew back to the ground, dazed.

This was a very clever demon. She would have to be better than this.

Chapter 5

Molly awoke on the front lawn of her parents' mansion. Dawn was beginning to break, and she slowly got up and looked around. The flowers were swaying in a cool breeze, the mansion had returned and added a symbol of strength to the flowers' grace. She could hear pidgey and spearow and the odd hoot-hoot combine their songs into a celebration of morning.

As the sun rose higher, she noticed a large shape ambling toward her. She held up her hand against her eyes to shield them from the sun. Out of the sunlight approached a large mammalian creature with spiked wings on its back and a smoke plume rising gently in the morning air.

Ignoring her feelings of exhaustion and rage from the night before, of which she couldn't really remember a lot, even what she had been mad about, she dashed in large galloping leaps toward --

"PAPA!" she shrieked in joy. He, too, ran for her. The moment when they met seemed almost eternal for Molly -- she hadn't been this happy in years. And yet, she paused before she could hug him, even though finally he was less than a foot away from her. She could remember latching onto his leg, cowering for safety under his warm guidance. Now, she could reach his face without him having to bend down. Although he was still large, somehow -- somehow he seemed smaller than she remembered.

It was Entei who made the first move. He closed the gap between them and rested his gigantic head on her shoulder, reaching a paw around her thin frame, laughing with glee. I'm so glad I've found you, Molly, he told her in loving gushes. Being without you left me empty and without purpose.

Molly returned the embrace, crying tears of joy. "No one wanted us to be together, Papa," she informed him. "My father..."

I am your papa, Molly, he interrupted. I will always protect you.

Molly laughed uncontrollably from sheer exhilaration. "I know. I know you will, Papa!"

They took a tour of the outside of the mansion, where Molly caught Entei up on all the news -- of her family, her school, everything. Except the strange memory she had of last night, which she couldn't exactly remember.

Molly, Entei said finally, having listened to Molly's numerous news items, is there any way I can help you -- with those who've turned against you?

Molly stared at him in confusion. Finally, she sighed, smiling. This was exactly how she remembered him -- always willing to keep her from harm. "I guess it'd be wrong to attack my classmates. Even though everyone in Greenfield sees me as a monster -- I guess hurting them won't make much of a difference."

Entei nuzzled her. You've grown so much since the unown took me away, Molly, he noted proudly. But what of others? Isn't there anyone I should rebuke for hurting your feelings?

Why couldn't she remember last night? Who did she want to see die in the most damaging way possible?

So, Mewtwo thought, this imaginary Guardian is her father in her eyes. He cringed. She suddenly seemed so innocent, lying there on the ground where she had stood just moments before after tearing herself out of his mind. Yet, she was extremely heartless, in his view. For a non-psychic, she was quite accomplished at going for the jugular in a psychic battle. He wiped a small trail of blood from his nostrils. He couldn't understand why this was so difficult. He had met ghost pokemon with the ability to use confusion attacks in extremely creative ways. Confusion was just a shock technique, designed to stop an opponent's will cold and introduce doubt. However, ghost pokemon in particular could create whole fantasies with a realness that rivaled even reality itself. Yet he ... he was wobbling with a headache after only five minutes.

After he was certain she would not be awakening any time soon, he sat down beside her, his breathing labored under the intense strain of creating a psychic hallucination.

It had taken all his willpower to shrug off the girl's attack with a simple cocky smirk. He felt his soul ripped asunder, his life tossed around a giant storm of despair. The girl's figure, the one that was torn apart -- he could remember her. It was if he had dreamed of her, but now he realized he must have met her at some point if she was still with him in his mind. Even though he felt like ripping apart every molecule of his childish opponent, tossing her atoms to the four winds, he found the strength to deny his true feelings. After all, it had been obvious what she was up to, invading his mind like that. He knew she was going for some traumatic memory to make him lose his resolve. He couldn't let her defeat him like that. On the contrary, his out-of-character response was successful in that it made her doubt her own skill. And in a psychic battle, willpower was everything.

Still, he couldn't keep this up much longer. Eventually, she'll awaken and realize he was just returning the favor.

Still, he was wise enough to relish a quiet moment in the storm...

Chapter 6

The adult male human, his black hair balding slightly at his temples, laughed scornfully. He alone in all of Team Rocket chose not to wear the customary white, red, and black color scheme of the organization. Instead, he wore a loud orange suit with a yellow handkerchief coming out of one jacket pocket. Even though he ran Team Rocket, he wanted to be seen apart and above it all. He had offered his charge a drink of wine, after successfully completing a surprise mission at a power plant in eastern Kanto. The whoosing of the helicopter blades were almost hypnotic and the sight of the Kantonian landscape beneath them had put them both in a tranquil mood.

Alcohol would weaken my concentration, Mewtwo told his benefactor, shaking his head. Psychic powers are bound by one's will and should not be tampered with by ingesting depressants or stimulants.

Giovanni continued to hold out the glass of dark red wine, smiling in his own authoritarian way. "Try it in any case -- as a reward."

Your machines, these devices you've placed on my body, Mewtwo added, pointing to the steel helmet, chestplate, pelvic plate and arm guards that made him look like a feline knight, they already dampen my powers. How can making me any weaker be a reward?

Finally, Giovanni shrugged and gulped down the glass himself. Wiping off traces of wine from his lips, he noted, "It isn't about becoming weaker. It's about making you even stronger. Although I live a stressful life, I don't drink to get drunk -- any common nobody can accomplish that much. I prefer to exercise my will, by overcoming obstacles -- even obstacles to thinking that I place on myself. For if I can remain lucid despite having my mind impaired, I will have proven that my will is far superior to any human or pokemon on Earth."

You are testing yourself, then? Mewtwo wondered.

"Precisely," Giovanni replied. "I indulge in things that should destroy me, because I know I can rise above them. My faith in my will is my greatest strength."

Mewtwo did not respond, as he knew his partner would not accept his disbelief. However, he could not help but think that Giovanni would one day meet his match in willpower, and the constant impairment he placed on himself would prove to be his downfall.

"You have no reply?" Giovanni demanded, both angrily and bemusingly. "Do you believe I am destroying myself?"

What I think is of little consequence, as you have chosen your path, Mewtwo answered with only a little confidence. However, your concept does prove logical. One can only increase in strength by being tested. Idleness withers your power.

Giovanni leaned back, poured himself another drink, and smiled. "I'm pleased you understand. Your intelligence is a remarkable shrine to mine."

Staring at the sleeping young girl, her mind currently trapped in a psychic hallucination where she relished the return of her protector, Mewtwo tried hard to concentrate, but the image of the girl destroyed in his mind continued to bother him. She was a friend, he was certain of it now. A guiding light out of the darkness of his existence. And here was a girl, also exploited by family into a life of meaninglessness, yet she was nothing like his lost companion. She was reared to believe she was the center of the universe, and yet reality showed her to be no different in importance than anyone else.

Mewtwo was finally beginning to understand that their pasts were similar. However, whereas Mewtwo was able to use his powers to condemn those who had hurt him, this child was powerless on her own. He, at least, could attempt to remedy his problems, but these options were unavailable to a normal being. At last he comprehended how frustrated and dark a heart could become if trapped in a room with no escape.

And yet, how was he to help her? If he could manipulate these 'unown' to re-create her version of Entei, it would not solve her problem. She would still be embracing a fantasy, and the presence of such a creature could very well tilt the balance of nature since there already was a Guardian of the Volcano. If he were to teleport the unown into the heart of the sun, so that nothing on this planet could ever use them again, it would solve nothing. She would still use her feelings of powerlessness to boil hatred and frustration in her heart -- indeed, she would feel even more powerless than before, which would just feed the inferno already seething within her.

He toyed for a moment the idea of mindwiping her and the entire town, so she could live life as if her past had never happened. Yet that, too, had its flaws; she would never learn of her mistakes, of her selfishness, of anything -- she would have to start all over again and perhaps repeat those mistakes, especially if the unown were to reveal to her their power again.

He sighed finally, releasing her from the forced dream so his head would stop throbbing. Plus, he wanted to get this over with. No doubt they had awakened half the whole town by now. With any luck, they would be too frightened of her to approach. In this way, he could maintain his secrecy as well. Everybody would win, provided this battle could resolve itself amicably.

As her eyes began to open, she stretched and yawned, as if her sleep had been completely restorative and natural. Yet, when she spotted Mewtwo, her face contorted and a shockwave burst forth from her, knocking back Mewtwo for several yards.

"You!" she screamed, her heart matching the fast pace she had before being knocked out. She looked around half-crazed for Entei and, realizing it had been a psychic trick, wave after wave of undulating crystal patterns exploded from her body, forming a defensive cocoon. Yet the crystal was translucent, and Mewtwo could see her glaring at him with a deadly expression. "You tricked me!"

Mewtwo decided to keep the cocky air he had portrayed in his mind. I consider that payment for the little trick you played on me. Surely you believe in fairness, don't you?

"Life isn't fair -- not for me!" she shrieked, summoning a pillar of crystal from beneath him, encasing him in the crystal that burned his skin with her raw, furious emotions.

A light came unbidden from Mewtwo's mind and he spoke in an amazed and compassionate voice, as if directed by something else... Life is wonderful.

"Liar!" Molly concentrated hard on the pillar, pouring all her pain into it, so it would destroy him. She didn't care now whether he could feel pain or sorrow or happiness or loneliness or anything -- she wanted her pain to stop, and he was causing her this terrible, eternal pain.

Mewtwo growled in agony. He hadn't felt this level of pain since Giovanni had imprisoned him in a dark elemental ball of energy at Mount Kayna. He realized, despite his tremendous pain, that this tower was similar as it was filling up with the darkness from her heart, giving it an elemental quality that was the bane of all psychics.

Suddenly, the crystal changed form into a flower. Mewtwo was immediately awash in positive emotions of safety and warmth and love. He fell to the ground as the crystal structure let him go. Before he could come to his reeling senses, however, Molly laughed scornfully.

"The poor little human-cat pokemon," she derided him, " -- such an emotional roller coaster! I do hope you go mad from it."

He felt, despite his best wishes, a seething anger. He shot a deadly glance at her. I am not human, nor am I pokemon. I am not like other beings.

"So, you are the demon sent to torture me, then!" she announced proudly, as if identifying her nightmare gave her renewed strength. She thought for a moment, but made her decision before her enemy could restore his senses. "They say demons cannot bear their reflection, so here it goes!" She summoned a giant solid sheet of crystal out of thin air, which, powered by the unown, showed this troublesome creature the nature of his soul. An adult man appeared in the reflection, wearing an orange suit that Molly found incredibly ugly.

Mewtwo's pupils shrunk to the size of pinpricks.

LLLLLLLIIIIIIIIIAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRR! Mewtwo roared, summoning and blasting away the 'mirror' with a shadow ball. With all his remaining strength, he created a colossal psychic wave of energy and ripped into the crystalline structures until they vaporized, throwing the girl straight into the driveway's cement, nearly peeling her skin away from her body. He had stopped thinking -- raw emotion now governed every movement. He let loose with everything he could throw at her. The unown defended her with a psychic shield, infuriating the Unnatural One all the more.

From within the bubble Molly grinned darkly. "Human-cat pokemon," she taunted over his raging roars, "how did you become part human? Did you really think your father would use DNA from someone he considered inferior? He made you as a shrine to him -- you can't hide your secret from me! The unown tell me everything! You're just some obsessed mobster's kid!"

He couldn't speak. He couldn't refute her nor rebuke her nor condemn her. All he could feel was a dark fury he hadn't felt since the day he burst forth from the scientist's lab.

A spark of inspiration came into his head. These troublesome pokemon derive their strength from the girl. They commit to reality anything her mind desires. She wants to meet Entei? She shall get her wish!

He reached out with his mind and tore her autonomy away from her, as he had done to Nurse Joy back when he was creating his own lab and home on New Island. He forced her to wish he could kill her so she could return to her hero, her protector. As she did so, he channeled all of the unown's energy into himself, summoning a colossal shadow ball hundreds of times larger than the normal basketball-sized one. He would rip her off the face of the planet, for tainting him with such a heritage! He thrust his arms toward her to hurl the gigantic shadow ball at this enraging petite bitch....

As the shadow ball left his three-fingered hands, it was met by an equal-sized ball of flame. Struggling against its power, Mewtwo maintained his focus, vowing to let his will overpower her. Suddenly, a deafening roar gave renewed strength to the ball of flame and it succeeded in tossing Mewtwo to the ground like a doll. He flipped over so he would land on his long back legs, whipping around just long enough to be tackled by the searing-hot feet of an unnaturally-strong Entei, who glared at Molly's attacker with fierce determination.

Last edited:
One problem, and it's right near the end...

ImJessieTR said:
at this enraging petite b----....

Censoring the fic removes the reader from the story. Seeing dashes where letters should be is a jarring experience.

On another note, it's good to see I'm not the only one who thinks Mewtwo was augmented with Giovanni's DNA.

Author's Note: almost done! Maybe one more chapter after this, or not. I'll know by the time I get through typing this. I hope you guys are enjoying the recent turn of events. I still stand by my question -- can they resolve this without killing each other? And how does Entei re-appearing work if Mewtwo drained all the unown's power into himself to kill Molly? And Blackjack, the problem is I didn't know if I'd be allowed to say what is actually being said. I know I can't on other forums where I've put this, so I did this so I wouldn't have to bother, but I can change it here if someone will tell me it's OK.

Chapter 7

Mewtwo began to sweat and pant from the immense heat radiated by the huge fire pokemon Entei. He was pinned and his shoulders were blistering underneath Entei's large paws. His surprise at this turn of events could not erase his fury, however. GET OFF ME! he growled in indignation. YOU DO NOT EXIST! I WILL NOT COWER BEFORE A HUMAN'S IMAGINARY FRIEND!

Entei roared in anger, nearly bursting the eardrums of the psychic pokemon. I am real if she wishes me to be! I am her FATHER if that is what she wishes!

Mewtwo tried to push the creature off with his telekinesis, but could not. He smirked instead. The unown must do as I wish now, Creature!

Surprisingly, Entei leapt off Mewtwo's burning body and lay down before Molly, who had fainted when Mewtwo was attacked. He kept his eyes on Mewtwo, however, maintaining visual contact to assure his opponent that a sneak attack was impossible. Entei's vocal register lowered considerably. Even so, he said abruptly.

You would defend that creature's attacks against me? Mewtwo demanded angrily, pointing at Molly.

Entei snorted, the smoke on his back billowing in great undulations. I am her protector, her 'papa'.

Mewtwo waved him off dismissively. You are a pokemon. She is a human. What you believe is impossible -- she is NOT your child.

Entei broke off his glare to glance lovingly at Molly's unconscious form. Without looking back at Mewtwo, he replied, And yet you accept that a human can be father to a pokemon.

I am not like other pokemon!

Entei stood and returned a somber stare. Neither am I. Like you, I exist because a human wished it.

Mewtwo nearly threw up in disgust. If you're suggesting that I go and plead for love from that ... that MAN...

Entei shook his head. I imply no such thing. I merely noted the similarity. In any case, you overlook the fact that you summoned me.

Mewtwo snorted in resignation, his fury abating. I did no such thing.

Entei chuckled. You are not the monster you fear. You could not bring your heart to destroy a mere child. So you summoned her protector, unconsciously, to regain his role and prevent you from deepening the darkness in your heart.

Mewtwo began to pace in a tight circle in front of this imaginary ... in front of Entei, Protector of Molly. I suppose you have a suggestion? A mere pat on the back is not likely to quell her anger.

Entei growled softly and nuzzled Molly's body, almost stirring her. He looked back at Mewtwo. She is the enemy. She must become the friend. She needs protecting. She must become the protector.

Mewtwo stopped pacing to stare at Entei in indignation, but he had vanished, leaving only an indentation where he had lain down with his daughter.

"I indulge in things that should destroy me, because I know I can rise above them. My faith in my will is my greatest strength."

Mewtwo sighed and nodded to himself. He reached out with his mind, searching the minds of all the city of Greenfield, human and pokemon alike. Some were awake, but they kept their distance to the extent that one could only see two figures battling with the naked eye -- but they did not dare come any closer. He discovered that his presence was not clearly in their minds. Besides, he was still wearing his robes, so he would not have to worry about being identified. He prodded the young ... he prodded Molly ... into awakening. As she opened her eyes, he instructed the people of Greenfield telepathically that he had come to destroy the town. When he knew they believed him, he floated backwards as Molly got up and surveyed the heat-damaged grass as dawn was approaching.

She looked up at him, her heart no longer furious, but deeply sad. She couldn't explain it, but she felt as though she had finally lost everything, and now she was about to give up. A part of her heart felt the warm protection of Entei, but it was distant -- not like her old memories of him, but as if she were watching him on a movie screen. She could no longer feel him intimately, and she resigned herself to that fate. Still, she could not just let this demon, or pokemon, or whatever he was -- she could not just let him defeat her. Entei wouldn't have wanted her to quit -- or would he? After all, Ash and his friends had confided in her, when Entei was about to crush Charizard's neck, that ending a fight was just as courageous as battling, if not more so.

Mewtwo awaited her decision, somewhat puzzled by her hesitation. He was prepared to lose this battle, so she could be a 'hero' in the city's eyes. Yet, she didn't move. He had already relinquished his hold on her and the unown the moment his own fury abated, and he realized that sacrificing his will would be the only way to end this battle with the most positive consequences. She could be the hero, and since it would be nearly impossible for her to kill him, he could go and nurse any wounds and come back stronger than before. For he truly was unlike Giovanni, he thought to himself, smiling. His creator would substitute will for common sense, while the created had learned, admittedly late, that losing was sometimes the only way to win.

After several moments, Molly's timid and resigned voice spoke up. She didn't look at him, but she bowed. "Please, sir," she began meekly, "please give me back my family."

Mewtwo paused for a moment and asked humbly, although a little surprisedly, What good have they done you? The unown can easily fashion a new family for you -- one that won't hurt you.

Molly shrugged. "I can't trust them. Not the way I used to, I guess." She finally looked up at her intimidator. "But, I've got to show people I'm not a freak -- I'm not a monster. Entei -- no, my parents would want me to grow into a lady, unafraid of standing on my own."

Mewtwo, although still somewhat puzzled and uncomfortable with her new attitude and behavior, smiled weakly. I shall do as you wish.

Molly shook her head. "If you please, sir -- do it because no one deserves to be hurt."

Mewtwo nodded and teleported her mansion back in place in a tremendous column of light. Suddenly, the unown swarmed around them all before disappearing in a dark vortex high into the sky, the city inundated with waves of energy that soothed and allayed the citizens' fears. They all went back to sleep, and would re-awaken a couple of hours later, refreshed and no longer afraid.

Mewtwo landed in front of Molly and revealed his form for a short time before re-cloaking himself. Like you, I still struggle to deal with who I am. We must go on our separate journeys, our separate quests. Even if we do not meet at the same destination, know that I wish you well. With that, he, too, disappeared in a column of light.

Molly plucked a small flower from the garden outside the front door and went inside to suggest a family trip to a botanical garden just down the hill.

The End

Imjessie: That was really awe inspiring, honestly, I could hear music from just reading it, it had a cinematic overtone to it. I'm sort of anut, but I had a strange feeling Molly was going to kill Marie, I can expound on why later if you like, but all else said, I'm going to treasure and print it

blackjack: BEST QUOTE EVER :D "Oh, and about that, we have no fucking swear filter." it just..fits
Here's to you and a great story, Imjessie *toast*

:D

Thanks! 'k, I'll fix the censored words so it reads better here. (giggle) That was good at making me laugh, Blackjack.

And can you imagine I was going to have this as a one-shot originally? But with setup, characterization, etc. -- it ended up 7 chapters. It was just going to be the battle itself, but I added the theme of standing on your own and getting over your past because my family has been having arguments lately, and I tend to write fics to cope.

thanks, but I'm knee-deep into To Care for Him right now, and I'll be working on an original fic next, so my pokefics will take a hiatus (I keep telling people I'm quitting writing pokefics, but I've been 'quitting' for about a year now :D )

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom