• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trials, Gyms or Both?

If they do have trials again, I hope they change them up. Like how in third versions, they'd change the layout of the gyms and the parties of the gym leaders. Maybe different Totem Pokemon, different challenges. Stuff like that, y'know? I wouldn't mind having the same trial captains as long as they change things.

Hopefully both because I always wanted to see Pokemon without an evil team.

But they will probably just be trials because if they don't want to do trials in other regions they would want to do every trial idea they think is worth doing now

Trials only as long as it's Alola. But they could make them more interesting, like adding things the originals don't have. No idea what, just a general thought.

One of the few things I'm looking forward to in these new games is Mina's trial so they better stick to the island challenge and save Gyms for Generation VIII.

I wouldn't be necessarily against Gyms being in Alola, but I think that would take away from how unique and distinct the region is compared to the others. The Island Challenge is part of their culture and it helped to give Sun/Moon a fresh yet familiar kind of challenge. I like the idea of Gyms being in the post-storyline content, although I'm not sure why they'd have Gyms and Trials at the same time, but I suspect that Trials will be around. Maybe they could increase the number of Trials.

I wouldn't be necessarily against Gyms being in Alola, but I think that would take away from how unique and distinct the region is compared to the others. The Island Challenge is part of their culture and it helped to give Sun/Moon a fresh yet familiar kind of challenge. I like the idea of Gyms being in the post-storyline content, although I'm not sure why they'd have Gyms and Trials at the same time, but I suspect that Trials will be around. Maybe they could increase the number of Trials.

I don't see the point of Gyms unless there's another region to explore post-game, which I think is as likely as Ash winning the Alolan League (if there's one).

I agree that post-game gyms in the same region would be pointless. They wouldn't add anything that SM didn't already cover (you can battle all the trial captains, but only Ilima and Lana during the main story).

The 8 empty lots in SM are suspicious. At the very least they toyed with the idea of Alola gyms, and it could work (for the main story) if they simply had each gym tied to a Totem (you would need one for the other). They'd probably remove the grand trials in such a scenario, but whatever. Olivia already seems to have been demoted provided that Lycanroc is indeed a Totem.

Not that I care.

I hope we go back to Gyms, or see a revamp of the Trials. Trials were basically gyms without the fun battles, aside from the Totem. But I'd like a hybrid, where we do the Trial games, then battle the Trial Captain to earn the right to confront a Totem. Or they use a Totem on the team.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom