• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Tricky Love

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redclaws

Forest of Less Lust!
Reaction score
Tricky romped through the forest as happy as he could be. His tiny vulpix paws sent up showers of leaves and he dashed from pile to pile, sometimes disrupting nincada or caterpies. He always apologized of course, but sometimes he felt like just running off at the next falling leaf or strange scent.

He had been playing for a few hours when he spotted a goldish/brown hump. Thinking it was another Autumn leaf, he pounced on it, not realizing it was actually a rattata! He clambered off and helped her to her feet. "I'm so sorry! Are you alright?" He asked.

Heather had quietly been sniffing around for an acorn, and she finally found one. It was plump, and when she shook it, she heard almost nothing. She took off the top and crouched down while chewing. Then, about a minute later, there was a sudden weight on top of her. It was so sudden, she squealed a little. Then, it was off. I guess I warned it that I was there. she thought. But was it the squealing, or the shivering? A chattering sound could even slightly be heard.

She looked up and saw that it was a Vulpix, with a smile on his face. When he asked her if she was fine, she was a bit moved. Well, I would be fine if you didn't crash into me! She ignored the rude thought and answered him, forcing herself to keep a happy tone. "Yes, I'm just fine."

He could tell she wasn't very happy with him, so he went over and picked up the acorn she'd dropped. "Here's your acorn. Sorry about that. Do you want me to help you find more acorns? I can climb trees, so I can get you the plumpest and ripest acorns you've ever laid your pretty little eyes on!" He stopped. Where did that come from? He looked at her again. He was right, she was fairly pretty. For a rattata that is.

"My name is Tricky!" He said, extending a tail in greeting. He preferred this to shaking paws because it made him special and gave him uniqueness no other vulpix had. "What's yours?"

Heather sat up and reached out for her acorn with her tail. She did this to make it easier to carry things. Then she took his in her paw, and shook it slightly. "Eh, my name is Heather." And the other question, she didn't know what to say to that. So she just said what came to her mind. Bad idea. "Wel, thanks. I could use a little help with it." she replied, and then said what she could regret one day. "And by the way, you're kind of cute." She was shocked. Why did I just say that?! Stupid, stupid, stupid!

He wagged his tails when she was done shaking the one. "Really? you think I'm cute? So are you!" He blushed a little. In response to the matter of acorns, he said "Great! Let me go get you one now!" He ran to the nearest tree with acorns. It was a bit taller than he was used to, but if it would impress his new friend, he was all for it. He jumped up onto the side, dug his claws in, and started scaling the tree. The lowest branch was about 10 feet off the ground. When he was a little more than halfway, he looked down. Esh. He was high. He ignored it and pressed on, using his tails for balance. Arriving at the lowest branch, he shook it a little so that a bunch of acorns fell out. "Take your pick!" He shouted down. He then dug in even harder, and started climbing down. He slipped once, but he caught himself in time and zipped down the rest of the tree, glad to be back on solid ground. "So Heather, you have a mate?" Whoa whoa whoa! What am I doing?! I just met her! "Uh... not wondering for myself of course... Just, y'know... Small talk." He nervously shuffled his paws.

Heather blushed, turning the pale fur on her cheeks a bright red. Before she got a chance to even say another word, he was climbing the tree. He was pretty high too. He must be brave if he can climb up there. But maybe it's just high to me. She bit down hard on her acorn, making a large crack right in the middle of smaller ones. I guess I could eat while I- An acorn storm interrupted her thoughts. There were acorns everywhere! A few were green, but a large amount was just right. It was enough acorns to feed ten Rattatas without feuds! And that would have to be a large amount. She hopped around, picking up acorns as they fell. Then, she started digging a hole, and then put a few acorns in it for later. Tricky, meanwhile, was coming down the tree. When he reached her, he asked a question, that she had never heard but a few times. "Do you have a mate?" was that question, and it shocked her as much as what she had said before. "N-no, I don't. Why? Do you?

To busy himself, Tricky helped her dig the hole she was hiding her acorns in. It had to be a pretty big hole since there were so many. He figured she'd just take two or three, but she was taking like, twenty or thirty. Acorns must be hard to come by for a rattata.

Tricky breathed an inward sigh of relief. That question was even more dangerous when there WAS a mate involved. Not that he'd asked it a lot, mind you, he just knew these things. "Nope! I've been kinda looking for a while, but hey, who likes a teeny vulpix. Everyone goes for the strong ones, not the nice ones." He face showed deep sadness for a second, but he then perked right up. "Sorry! I shouldn't bother you with my problems. Well, seeing how your nuts are all buried now, I should probably get going."

OOC: Are acorns nuts? lol seems like they would be

OOC: A type we can't eat.

Heather uncurled her tail slightly, and held her head down. He's leaving already? But we just met! A breeze blew through the trees, sending leaves down. A single golden leaf blew on the top of her head. She shook it off, but instead of leaving, she silently compared it to her fur. No wonder he had pounced on her! I look like a leaf! "Well," she said, remembering Tricky was still there. "I guess I should go too." She turned around, and walked away into a bush.

On the other side, she stared back at Tricky. He looked sad, but he seemed to be trying to smile. Heather turned around and scampered away, trying not to think about him.

OOC: lol, thanks

Tricky watched her go, and suddenly felt very lonely... He kind of liked the brown rattata. He ran after her. "Wait!" He found her not far ahead and she turned around to face him. He stopped, shook himself off, and started shuffling his paws again... his nervous habit. "I... I guess... I could use a friend... If not more" The last part was more to himself, and he hoped she didn't hear it after thinking it over...

OOC: Need anything else? Just VM.

Heather hadn't gotten that far when she heard a rustling noise behind her. Her fur stood up, but she saw it was only Tricky. What he said to her wasn't very surprising. "Well, I need a friend too. It's a dangerous world out there, and-" She cut off when he saw him whispering to himself. But what about? "And I could just have someone to talk to. When you're like me, you have a lot of Pokemon of your own species to talk to." Her tail twitched and she had a small feeling of nostalgia.

OOC: Need anything else? Just VM.

Heather hadn't gotten that far when she heard a rustling noise behind her. Her fur stood up, but she saw it was only Tricky. What he said to her wasn't very surprising. "Well, I need a friend too. It's a dangerous world out there, and-" She cut off when he saw him whispering to himself. But what about? "And I could just have someone to talk to. When you're like me, you have a lot of Pokemon of your own species to talk to." Her tail twitched and she had a small feeling of nostalgia.

OOC: lol, I'm good

Tricky nuzzled her. Maybe she would turn into more than a friend. He was kind of starting to hope so... He'd never liked anyone this much! What a great feeling! "Great! I'm glad I have a friend now!" He jumped over her and crouched in a "Let's Play!" stance, tails wagging wildly.

Heather felt warm and fuzzy just looking at Tricky. He seemed so happy and carefree! But the leap over her seemed like a bit much. Oh well. She had a friend who liked her, just for her. She ran around Tricky a couple of times. Then she skidded to a halt in front of him. "Hey! Let's have a race. Whoever can get farthest that way," she said, pointing her tail towards the opposite direction. "without getting tired wins!" She swept her tail across a few leaves. "So, are you ready?"

Tricky smiled, and swiped all six of his tails on the leaves, showing off by mocking her playfully. "Of course I'm ready! I'm a Vulpix, I never get tired!" He crouched, then said," 3! 2! 1! GO!" He dashed off across the forest, and thought he was in first, when all of a sudden, a brown flash whipped in front of him! He was surprised, and dashed after her, catching up and running neck and neck with her. "You're faster than most Rattatas!" He panted.

"You try living my life, and then you'll know why!" she informed him. Heather jumped over a root that was sticking up, and under another. She watched to see if there were any obstacles in her path, and kept track of them. Around a rock, over a hole, through a log. She had to think fast, and figure out how to get around them faster. Then, to gain speed, she held her ears back, her head low, and rocketed off.

Thespia pushed himself to the limit, but he couldn't beat her. He tripped over a root, and fell, feeling and hearing a crack as he hit the ground. "OW!" He screamed. He tried to get up, but fell back down... "Heather! I need help!"

Heather skidded to a halt as she heard Tricky cry out. "Tricky!" she shouted as she ran back. She sniffed around him and gently touched his body. "It looks like you broke a bone in your back. And I can't be sure, but I think you sprained your paw." She picked it up, and he winced in pain. "Yeah, it is."

Tricky yipped in pain as she tossed his hurt paw about. "Hey! Careful! It hurts!" He started whimpering like a pup who'd lost his mother. "I was just playing... Why does this always happen to me?!" He slumped over, feeling lethargic and clumsy. "I hate myself, and no one thinks any differently. I'm worthless." He curled up in a little ball, wanting to die.

Heather shifted her ears behind her head. She felt sorry for Tricky, but felt that he was taking this too far. "You're not useless. Why would you even say that?" She touched her nose against him. "And I don't care if every human and Pokemon in the world hate you. Because," A tear rolled down her face. "I love you."

Tricky wiped the tears away from his eyes and sat up, not even caring if his paw hurt. "You... You do?" He asked hopefully. He really hoped she wasn't just saying this to make him feel better. How could he be sure? A hug perhaps? Maybe a kiss? Either way, he was going to provoke her. Ignoring the searing pain in his leg, he took a step towards her, their noses were almost touching. He moved his mouth towards hers, not daring to breathe. He went in a little more, then stopped, just in front of hers. If she wanted it, she'd take it. He couldn't believe someone actually loved him.

OOC: lol, the last part sounded dirty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom