• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Triple Battles, Rotation Battles, and Inverse Battles

I honestly felt that Triples/Rotations were pretty much nothing but a fun gimmick in Gen V and I don't seem making any sort of return unless there happens to be some sort of post-game battle facility dedicated exclusively for them. This I see as a more likely option, anyway.

Inverse Battles... I feel like are more niche than even triples and rotation. =s Just going to take a wild guess and say that it probably hasn't caught any sort of popularity because there's like few trainers ever who do Inverse Battles anyway, so...

Also, obligatory mention on how Sky Battles had such cool potential but was unfortunately wasted.

I hope so but seriously unsure if they will or not. While on the surface triples just seems like doubles plus, there is Much more you can do with it and the amount of Pokemon you can make work is much higher. There is a lot of depth to it and I wish others would give it a fair chance; it didn't help GF didn't really promote it so again we'll have to see.

Also, obligatory mention on how Sky Battles had such cool potential but was unfortunately wasted.
Speaking of which, underwater battles had the potential to be cool in Hoenn with the diving feature returning, but I guess GameFreak didn't want players to get stuck with just battling with water type pokemon against divers who use water types.

Speaking of which, underwater battles had the potential to be cool in Hoenn with the diving feature returning, but I guess GameFreak didn't want players to get stuck with just battling with water type pokemon against divers who use water types.

I have to agree, while its basically just single battle with restrictions it would have been cool to expand on it. I think a issue is they don't ever really promote the new formats or use them much they're just..there.

On an aside, if the formats are back in do you think they'll show them in trailer or just find out? Because if I recall, in X/Y they never showed them in any of the trailers so may be something like that again.

Most should. Would like it. Especially the anime potential is there. And online battles.

...Just saw what Seemed like triple battle but it was another format called Raid that was in Go I think. But maybe its still there I have some hope..

Don't play with my heart GF ;-;

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom