• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia True Blue Mafia [Endgame]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Endgame
Guests:
1. @CheffOfGames
2. @Pika_pika42
3. @Lone_Garurumon
4. @BadAssGardevoir @Midorikawa
5. @Derpghost died day 3: Scum Ninja/Strongman
6. @RainbowSkittles Died Night 1: Town Lightning Rod
7. @Pikochu
8. @DarthWolf
9. @noworry died Night 4: Town Mayor
10. @MegaPod
11. @The Light
12. @Rainbow Cloud
13. @Doctor Floptopus @Elieson (subbed N1)
14. @Midorikawa Died Day 1. Town Unblockable Tracker
15. @FinalArcadia died Night 3. Town remote commuter
16. @SwordMaster♪ died day 2. town beloved princess
@Zexy @Elementar

Dear Pika_pika42,

You are Slim Dusty, The King of Country. Slim Dusty was considered to be the very best of Australian music, he pioneered the Australian Country Music scene, and was heavily invested in the Australian community.

When you think of Australia, you can’t get much more Australian than Slim Dusty, and when he died in 2004, it was as if a part of Australia had died with him.

You are the Jack of all trades. Once per night phase, you may choose one of the following songs and you will perform the associated action on the target(s) you choose. You may only use each song once.

When the Rain Tumbles Down in July - Select one target. You will learn their alignment at the end of the night.
The Pub with no beer - Select one target. That target will be unable to act for this phase. Does not block mafia kills.
Duncan - Select one target. That target will be protected from all normal kills for this phase.
Indian Pacific - Select two targets. You will switch those targets, so that all effects targeted at target1 hit target2, and vice versa.
And the band played Waltzing Matilda - Select one target. That target will die at the end of the phase.

You are allied with the Aussie icons and win when you have neutralised the Outside Influences and nothing else blocks your win.

You have been neutralised. This means you have lost your killing action.

Pika_pika42 has been eliminated. They were the JOAT, Aussie Icon.

and with that death, scum has achieved parity with town.

300px-Pavlova_dessert.JPG

Dear Lone_Garurumon,

You are the Pavlova. You are a meringue dessert with a crisp crust and soft, light inside, usually topped with fruit and whipped cream.

You were created when a Russian Dancer, Anna Pavlova, toured Australia and New Zealand. Australians often refer to you as an Australian dessert, but the truth is, the true origins of this delicious (And very sweet) dessert are not known for sure, but most of the evidence points towards you being a New Zealand dish.

No one knows your true origin, so you are the Godfather. You will show up as town in any cop check.

You are also the rolecop. Once per night, you may select a target and you will learn the role of that target.

You are an Outside Influence and win when you achieve parity with the Aussie Icons and nothing else blocks your win.
330px-Queen_Elizabeth_II_March_2015.jpg

Dear Doctor Floptopus,

You are Queen Elizabeth the second. You are the current reigning monarch of England, and you are the head of state of its nations, including Australia.

Australia has a long and deep history of respect with you, and we proudly display your likeness on our currency. In fact, several referendums have been held to separate Australia from you and make us a Federation, and every time Australia has overwhelmingly said no.

The simple fact is, that we love our queen.

Because you are one of the few people who actually have the power to fire the Prime Minister, you are the Role Blocker. Once per night, you may select a target and they will be unable to act for that night.

You are an Outside Influence and win when you achieve parity with the Aussie Icons and nothing else blocks your win.

Dear Darthwolf,

You are Holden. You are the backbone of the Australian workforce. Ever since the early days, Holden Utes have helped build this country from the ground up.

Australia has come to call the Commodore Ute one of its own, but the truth is… Holden is not an Australian brand. You are owned by General Motors in the United States.

You have two powers, you may use each only once, and only one per night.

Framer: Select a target. If that target is scanned by a cop check during this night phase, their alignment will be flipped.

Forger: When you use this power, you write out a fake role PM and when your target dies, they’ll flip your forged role PM and not their own.

Derpghost, Elieson, Darthwolf and Lone_Garurumon have won the game. They were Outside influences.

Dear Megapod,

You are Ned Kelly, the famous Australian bushranger. Ned Kelly lived from 1854 until 1880.

Ned Kelly was often in trouble with the law, his story is far too long and complicated to put here in a Mafia game. Instead, I recommend you watch the various movies on him.

Ned Kelly is seen by some as the patron saint of Australia, while he is seen by others as one of the worst criminals who ever lived - he did kill three police officers, among other crimes.

Because of Kelly’s outlaw status, and his reputation as a gunslinger, you are a Serial Killer. You are 1x death proof (due to Kelly’s bulletproof rubbish bin in his last stand). You will survive the first attempt on your life. You also have the ability to kill once per night.

That said, you can not survive being revealed. If you correctly role claim (soft or hard), or are scanned by a cop or rolecop, you will automatically lose at the end of the phase (deathproof can’t protect you from this). This doesn’t apply if others guess your role, but you don’t confirm it.

You are allied with yourself, and win when you are the last man standing.

You have been neutralised. This has caused your kill to fail and your self destruct has been halted.

You are no longer a serial killer, and your wincon has been changed.

You are the survivor. You win if you are alive at the end of the game.

Megapod has won the game. He was an independent.

Dear The Light,

You are Paul Hogan. You are one of Australia’s first public icons, coming to international attention due to your role as Crocodile Dundee (which has had a large impact on American culture as well). In Australia, you were constantly a presence, having your own comedy show and starring in local television shows.

Because Crocodile Dundee fought for justice (in his own way), you are the cop. Each night, you can target another player and determine which faction they are aligned with.

You are allied with the Aussie icons and win when you have neutralised the Outside Influences and nothing else blocks your win.

Dear BadAssGardevoir,

You are Vegemite. You are THE Australian spread. You are a staple in any Australia home, but are always on the shopping list of any Australian.

Because your popularity is starting to grow outside of Australia, you are the miller. You will always appear as scum in cop checks.

220px-Image-Howard2003upr.JPG

Dear Rainbow Cloud,

You are former Prime Minister John Howard. Wildly considered one of the best prime ministers in Australian history, as well as the second longest serving prime minister, John Howard was responsible for a number of major changes.

In mid-1996, Australia suffered one of the worst mass shootings the world has ever seen. In the aftermath, John Howard made it his personal mission to prevent this sort of tragedy from ever happening again. He travelled to each state and territory and convinced their leaders to make radical changes to firearms laws in Australia.

You are the Gun Neutraliser. Once per night, you may choose a target. If that target has a killing role, or a killing role modifier, you will neutralise it.

Town players will be turned into vanilla, mafia players will be turned into goon, ITPs will be turned into survivors.

The Light, Rainbow Cloud and Midorikawa have lost the game. They were Aussie Icons.

========================================================

Thank you all for playing. This has been an interesting game, and my first attempt at an intentionally bastard game.

For those of you that are wondering if the CheffOfGames host screw up affected the outcome, I believe it did not... as both Pika_Pika42 and Cheff were town with a vig kill power. The only thing that could have saved town was for one of them to shoot Elieson, Darth, or Lone_Garurumon last phase... and they were being blocked anyway. (Surprisingly, Pika was also neutralised)

I also made a host mistake a in the previous night phase where I didn't notice the scum action submissions, resulting in no NK that phase. I apologise for both mistakes.

Google Drive link

If you wish to request access to the scum PM or Graveyard chat, let me know. If you wish you request access to the scum discord chat, Let Elieson know.

Now that that's out of the way, @Elementar will finish the FT when he gets a chance. Be sure to keep an eye out for that.

Did you enjoy the game?

What did you think of the setup?

Did you enjoy the flavour?

Would you play another AE game?

And would you play another AE bastard game?

Do you have any other comments?

Again, thank you for playing and thank you to @Maniacal Engineer for his assistance yesterday.

Last edited:
Allow me to show this first.

I forged a pm for the cop, eventually discovering it was the lightl first thought pika. My plan was to claim cop and just roll through, it wasnt needed.

225042-3x2-700x467.jpg

Dear The Light,

You are the Cane Toad. You are a toad from South and Central America which has also been introduced to Australia. You are very poisonous and you can wreak havoc on ecosystem.

You have four powers, you may use only one each night.

Poison Serial Killer: Select a target, they will die the at the end of the next night.

1x Commuter: You may leap away to be unable to be targeted by any other role.

1x Cop: Select a target, you will discover their alignment.

1x Bus Driver: Select two targets, any role that would target one player will target the other and vice versa.

You are an independent and win when you have neutralised any other thread and nothing else blocks your win.

RIP DerpGhost, the sacrifice was integral. Thank you for a fun game AE, comments on the stuff when it's not almost 2 am.

For those of you that are wondering if the CheffOfGames host screw up affected the outcome, I believe it did not... as both Pika_Pika42 and Cheff were town with a vig kill power. The only thing that could have saved town was for one of them to shoot Elieson, Darth, or Lone_Garurumon last phase... and they were being blocked anyway. (Surprisingly, Pika was also neutralised)

The plan for that phase for us was to see one of Cheff/PP42 get lynched, and just hook the other. For us, it was of a nonconsequence because as long as one of them, or Pikochu, was lynched, we could hook one and try to frame the other. RC's neutralizer was an unexpected gem, and it would've effectively hooked either Cheff/PP42, letting us hook the other. For the game, it was just confusing.

I also made a host mistake a in the previous night phase where I didn't notice the scum action submissions, resulting in no NK that phase. I apologise for both mistakes.

Now This was awkward. DarthWolf had a neat-ass plan for trying to trick the town by making himself look like a Cop, and we also tried to frame TheLight with a forged RolePM to make him appear as a poisoner (thanks MP for the idea) but that never happened because Light never actually died. We kept wanting to make it happen but logistically it just couldn't be worked in unless shit hit the fan probably 1/2 nights from now.

tl;dr we sided with MegaPod yesterphase and confirmed it on this last day phase. The worst situation we would've seen after the noworry kill was a tie = parity (4 town vs 4 nontown) in votals, letting us Hook + Kill our way to victory with MP scumsiding.

We had the game pinned a while back, as soon as claimed to me as neutralizer and he had gone after MegaPod. I was persuasive there, in the hopes that RC would somehow prevent MP from dying, or at the very least, help prevent MP from shooting one of us against the plan (tm). MP actually srviving and losing his Suicidal modifier. I figured he was a Killer who like, wrote a note and off'd himself after killing his target, confessing to his crime, so the flavor didn't surprise me. From there, it was just a game of cat and mouse with the rest of the thread to see who we could draw negative attention to.

Allow me to show this first.

I forged a pm for the cop, eventually discovering it was the lightl first thought pika. My plan was to claim cop and just roll through, it wasnt needed.

I was actually looking forward to seeing how that would go down...

Because I expressively said that all roles in the game were positive (Yes, even Ned Kelly) in the opening :p

Hahaha just great. Congrats Mafia and Megapod. You'll did great.

Did you enjoy the game?
In the beginning, sure. Later it was stressful. But yes pretty good game overall.

What did you think of the setup?
Setup was good even though a bit bastard as was already warned.

Did you enjoy the flavour?
I liked it. Will read the entire thing once it's completed.

Would you play another AE game?
Sure. Wynaut?

And would you play another AE bastard game?
Yes, I guess.

Do you have any other comments?
No. I am speechless.

I'd like to say that Pika was stunning in OC; he was super active and talking all around. If I wasn't mafia (and was town), I'm confident that things would've ended differently through alternative coordination. He was spot on with LG all game long, and had Darth as his N1 cop scan. FA played well logic-wise and Pika had the right ideas behind the scenes.

Can we lol at how the Town Cop, Mafia RoleCop and Neutralizer were all on SK!MegaPod, and everything went to heck because of the LightningRod N1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom