• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Fun & Games is searching for new mods! Did I catch your attention? Head on over here!

True DP first week sales

Kasumi

It's tasting time!
Reaction score
So who made up that "2 million copies sold in 2 days" bullshit?

jigglysama

Moe Moe MOE!
Reaction score
Dunno, but 1.5+ million in less than a week are still a lot.

Misty

Hmm, that's a wonderful idea!
Reaction score
  • Staff
2 million was probably the size of the shipment, people took that with the stories of widespread shortages and assumed every copy had sold out - which is, of course, nearly impossible.

Kasumi

It's tasting time!
Reaction score
True, 1 million and a half is still impressive. *nods*

Snake Bandage

The Pumpkin King
Reaction score
Not quite 2 million, but you can tell they were probably facing a big shortage of games to sell. Over 1.5 million is very, very impressive.

Hahah, Diamond sold more than Pearl. I always pick the popular cart before it becomes popular. =D

Pokemaster Justin

Lets Do It.
Reaction score
Compared to the DS Lite's userbase to the other userbases this is only a slight step up, still good though.

Birdyspot

Reaction score
Still most impressive. I imagine that with a 2 million unit shipment, the games probably DID sell out at many brick-and-mortar retailers around Japan, but that the other story didn't take into account the fact that online retailers didn't sell out. I wonder how many of those copies were sold overseas...

Has anyone found actual figures for the sale of the Dialga/Palkia DS lite? I do believe those have actually sold out from what I've heard...

bell02+

when you need more, have+
Reaction score
Still most impressive. I imagine that with a 2 million unit shipment, the games probably DID sell out at many brick-and-mortar retailers around Japan, but that the other story didn't take into account the fact that online retailers didn't sell out. I wonder how many of those copies were sold overseas...

Has anyone found actual figures for the sale of the Dialga/Palkia DS lite? I do believe those have actually sold out from what I've heard...
Well, maybe, but I think online is generally insignificant.

It could very well be sold out now. I'm not sure how much of a week they count, but its essentially 3 days.

Doctor Oak

Can't Touch Dis.
Reaction score
Online Sales aren't included in initial sales info, just High-Street retailers.

In other words, 1.5million copies of the games have left high street shops in Japan since Thursday.

Incidentally, Nintendogs, which was probably the most hyped DS game in Japan before release like D/P sold 168,000 in the first full 6 days of release.