• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

True DP first week sales

Not quite 2 million, but you can tell they were probably facing a big shortage of games to sell. Over 1.5 million is very, very impressive.

Hahah, Diamond sold more than Pearl. I always pick the popular cart before it becomes popular. =D

Compared to the DS Lite's userbase to the other userbases this is only a slight step up, still good though.

Still most impressive. I imagine that with a 2 million unit shipment, the games probably DID sell out at many brick-and-mortar retailers around Japan, but that the other story didn't take into account the fact that online retailers didn't sell out. I wonder how many of those copies were sold overseas...

Has anyone found actual figures for the sale of the Dialga/Palkia DS lite? I do believe those have actually sold out from what I've heard...

Still most impressive. I imagine that with a 2 million unit shipment, the games probably DID sell out at many brick-and-mortar retailers around Japan, but that the other story didn't take into account the fact that online retailers didn't sell out. I wonder how many of those copies were sold overseas...

Has anyone found actual figures for the sale of the Dialga/Palkia DS lite? I do believe those have actually sold out from what I've heard...
Well, maybe, but I think online is generally insignificant.

It could very well be sold out now. I'm not sure how much of a week they count, but its essentially 3 days.

Online Sales aren't included in initial sales info, just High-Street retailers.

In other words, 1.5million copies of the games have left high street shops in Japan since Thursday.

Incidentally, Nintendogs, which was probably the most hyped DS game in Japan before release like D/P sold 168,000 in the first full 6 days of release.

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom