• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trying to build a crazy team, help?

Satoshi_Pikachu

Reaction score
Now, don't burst out laughing, I know it's probably a bad idea. Can anyone think of a way to make a Pikachu survive long enough to reach a Sp. Atk of 796? In other words, a Nasty Plot boost while holding a Light Ball. Of course, the team would be made to support Pikachu, but I really suck at competitive battling and can't come up with many great ideas.

What I've thought of:
-Substitute, obviously. But Pikachu's HP and defenses are so pathetic that the substitute won't resist more than a single hit.
-Encore, which would require amazing prediction skills...which I don't have...
-Baton Passing the Nasty Plot boost.
-Baton Passing the substitute from something with good HP (perhaps Vaporeon?)
-Eviolite, but this would require more boosts to make it an effective sweeper and it still doesn't guarantee that it'll take more than one hit.

Again, I know this is crazy and stupid, but really, what's more satisfying than beating your opponent with NU Pokémon? Especially when it's the mascot of the franchise XD

Ideally you're going to have some entry hazard support. While Pikachu is fairly strong with a Light Ball and perhaps more so with Nasty Plot boosts, it may not be up to OHKOing some of the more bulkier Pokemon out there. A little bit of pre-existing damage from Stealth Rock or Spikes will change that, however.

Other things that will help:

Paralysis Support (Pokemon that can Thunder Wave/Body Slam, etc. to cut opponent's speed.)
Shell Smash user with Baton Pass (Huntail, Gorebyss and Smeargle can all do this iirc. You will need that speed.)
Something that you can switch in should something threaten Pikachu out. A Flying type, or a Pokemon with Levitate, perhaps.
A Pokemon with the move "Healing Wish". (Or Lunar Dance, but you'll have to use Smeargle outside of Ubers.) It's fantastic for refreshing a sweeper who's taken a little too much damage.

That's all off the top of my head.

That's great, thank you! Yeah, I was thinking about a Pokémon with Levitate too, I'll see what works best.

Sp. ATK of 796? That thunderbolt is going to be LETHAL, man.

You may need Espeon or Xatu, the opponent may have Perish Song or Taunt when you are trying to pass. The Magic Bounce of them may help. (They can also run Calm Mind for addition SP Atk boost given the chance)

Wobbufett can encore a set up move like Dragon Dance on Dragonite allowing you to switch and get a free nasty plot or shell smash on Smeargle to Baton Pass.

However you set up the pikachu, you should probably have hidden power ice so you can deal with ground types that will resist STAB TBolt

the opponent may have Perish Song or Taunt when you are trying to pass be happens thanks

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom