• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Trying to create theme song for series. Any ideas?

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
I've been thinking about this for a while now, but haven't had much time to do anything in it. As a fun side project I want to do a theme song for my Psychic Duelist Django series. However, as I'm not good with making that kind of writing flow naturally, I would like some advice. I know it's an oddball request, but I just feel it would be fun to have a theme song for the series. All I really need are proper lyrics, as I'm a bit musically challenged (meaning song writing isn't a strong point), though I can envision and pick the music part myself (as in what music should play in the background during the song). It's the lyrics that peg me. In terms of what I want the song to sound like, it should be dynamic at times, but at one point be soft and gentle, before going back into action mode. Any thoughts or suggestions?

When writing song lyrics, I found that writing the Chorus of the song first and then filling out the rest of the song in parts between the chorus, while following the the theme I have in mind really makes thing easier.

When writing song lyrics, I found that writing the Chorus of the song first and then filling out the rest of the song in parts between the chorus, while following the the theme I have in mind really makes thing easier.

Hmm... I rather like that idea. It does sound like it would simplify the whole thing, or at least make it flow easier. Yeah, that does sound like it would work, even with my Magikarp Splash-worthy songwriting skills. Thanks for the tip.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom