• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Tsutarja, Pokabu, Mijumaru localized: The long wait is over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was a bit confused when I saw Oshawott, it seems a little too complicated for me xD But then when I thought about my little Miju saying "Osha, Osha Wott!" I realized it would work.

Snivy I expected, it goes well with Tsutarja and I can see them making the "ssss" sound. Also if Shooti's Snivy has a deep voice like the Japanese version, it'll work.

Tepig I don't really like. It's a combination of words just like Chimchar and Torchic, but Tepig just doesn't seem to work or roll of the tongue like the others. I prefer Pokabu :/

Unova region I like, though it sounds a bit too much like a side region like Oblivia. Although I do like how it means new and united, makes sense :D *Eagerly awaiting for Prof. Willow*

Willow?

The pervert in me is thinking about breasts now because of that. And I know it's a tree. But it makes me think of pillows and yeah.

Anyway, I'm wondering what they're gonna choose for Araragi now. Sorta disappointed it wasn't included in this batch.

Snivy - whatever name. I'm sure they didn't name him Smugleaf because it would sound too much like Nuzleaf.
Tepig - okay, but not great.
Oshawott - WTF :boom:

I can't get used to calling it the Unova region. I've gotten so used to using the Japanese names. I'm glad they've localized the starters but they really should have left the name "Isshu" alone. Were they just afraid it sounded too much like "issue" in English?

*sigh* counting down the days until I buy White and say goodbye to my good GPA.

TPCi should release a new poke every day, and whichever ones they don't have time for, release it when the games are released.

(half joking) XD

Snivy - whatever name. I'm sure they didn't name him Smugleaf because it would sound too much like Nuzleaf.
Tepig - okay, but not great.
Oshawott - WTF :boom:

I can't get used to calling it the Unova region. I've gotten so used to using the Japanese names. I'm glad they've localized the starters but they really should have left the name "Isshu" alone. Were they just afraid it sounded too much like "issue" in English?

*sigh* counting down the days until I buy White and say goodbye to my good GPA.

Isshu was changed in ALL regions though not just English... Unova makes sense Uno=one or unity Nova means New which Isshu is all about... it fits perfectly.

And Oshawott is fun to say and is kinda clever. That'smy favoeite name

Janovy =/= Smugvine (sounds like carniVINE)
Jalorda =/= Smuglord (sounds like waiLORD)

My dreams! RUINED!
Tell me when gen 6 comes out

And le bitchin' continues... as expected.

Apparently Reshiram is called the "Vast White" Pokemon, and Zekrom is called the "Deep Black" Pokemon. What happened to the Yin Yang reference?

Whoa... that's something that I missed. It'll be interesting to see how that pans out with the plot that they're involved in. I still can't quite understand it even after the games' initial release in Japan.:-| Putting the words "vast" and "deep" in their descriptions make them sound even more awesome.

I like how the Starter's names turned out, but I think I might like them a little bit more once I figure out how to pronounce them and/or hear them being pronounced in the anime or somethin'. It makes me even more anxious to see how the English names of the other Pokes will turn out, not to mention the other names like the towns and characters.

Isshu's name change was something that took me by suprise, considering this is the first time that they have made a major change to the region name like that. Unova is something that I wasn't expecting to come out of Isshu, but I like it nonetheless.

Janovy =/= Smugvine (sounds like carniVINE)
Jalorda =/= Smuglord (sounds like waiLORD)

My dreams! RUINED!
Tell me when gen 6 comes out

Make up some other names then... They can still be Smugvine and SMuglord... Snivy fits Tsutarja's Japapense name becuae both mean Snake-Vine and can also being taken as Snide which is the same thing as smug

Make up some other names then... They can still be Smugvine and SMuglord... Snivy fits Tsutarja's Japapense name becuae both mean Snake-Vine and can also being taken as Snide which is the same thing as smug

Not "Snake-vine" It's Snake-Ivy.

Not "Snake-vine" It's Snake-Ivy.

Oh thanks.. but my point still stands... It has the same meaning as Tsutarja so it's bassically a litteral Translation of the Japanese name. Plus Snide (Snivy can be snake+snide+ivy) means the same thing as smug basically.

I'll definitely get use to the English names, but I don't like that they changed the region name :/

Oh well, I'll get use to that too xDD

Freely express your opinion on there names here xP

[Link Removed]

Last edited by a moderator:
Also YU NO, switch the first sounds NU YO.

Hrrrrmmmm.

Freely express your opinion on there names here xP

[Link Removed]

1. i dont think ur supposed to advirtise
2. you pronounced snIVY wrong
3. That wont stop us from arguing here on the forums

Last edited:
again looking at Unova I see United States of America in it, just not spelled out.

bulbapedia says:

While it is unconfirmed, the name Unova like originates from a combination of either unity or unum, and the Latin word "Nova" meaning new.

but anyway, either could be right, or wrong.

1. i dont think ur supposed to advirtise
2. you pronounced snIVY wrong
3. That wont stop us from arguing here on the forums

Yea I know you can on here I just also wanted to see what other people thought on the video since I can't always be here as often as comments are posted. But sorry if it did seem like I was trying to advertise since I also post on projectpokemon and I thought it was ok here even though I read the rules sorry >.<'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom