• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

TTE's official template revamp thread

Like my new revamp?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TTEchidna

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
TODAY'S SUBJECT: The Trainer listings!

I originally set out to redo the listings of Trainers in the class articles, but then figured, hey, we could just use the Trainer lists from the routes and stuff.

SO I REDESIGNED THAT!

[bp=User_talk:TTEchidna/Trainerlist/entry]And this is what I came up with.[/bp]

Opinions! Talk page and here.

It makes the Gym Leader templates look like shit. Can you do something with that too?

Possibly the same template with hoverexpand for movelists... If that's doable.

Can they be collapsed at all? Having them open like that would make the page huge...

Hmm. Needs a slight touch to it. I have an Idea, next to the trainers name put an Icon of the first Pokémon in Party next to the Trainers name?

It makes the Gym Leader templates look like shit. Can you do something with that too?

Possibly the same template with hoverexpand for movelists... If that's doable.

Possibly eventually. Gym Leaders were revamped just a short while ago, and I wanna see what Gen V does with them before I do anything crazy. The party screen I can 99% guarantee will remain the six-square thing, though.

Can they be collapsed at all? Having them open like that would make the page huge...

The pages are already huge. They collapse, and then we have a problem of everyone whining WHY I GOTS OPEN TEMPLATES D:

Hmm. Needs a slight touch to it. I have an Idea, next to the trainers name put an Icon of the first Pokémon in Party next to the Trainers name?

The hell does that mean?

It's looking good, hon. But I agree with Trom on the Gym Leader portions-- the Poké Balls there look a bit awkward.

And I'm pretty sure that LucarioAura means put one of the menu sprites of the first Pokémon in the Trainers' party next to their name. I personally find that idea unnecessary, but I figured I'd clarify it anyway.

Looks awesome, though there is no example on a PokéGearNavVSSeekerized entry. Also, there is that one Double Team entry, I believe it could have two "first Pokémon" boxes.

Oh, and the leaders' boxes don't seem to have changed at all, except for the Poké Ball icons being there.

Haha, just after I documented the existing trainer list templates! Oh well.

Collapse or no-collapse, I'm thinking that there are an awful lot of trainers which carry only 1 or 2 pokemon. That means a whole lot of empty blue cells, especially on the early routes of each game.

Probably would be a good idea to test what the blue/green pokemon cells look like with each different table color (cave, land, road, sand, shadow, snow, soot, space, volcano, or water). Wouldn't want to find out later it clashes bad with one of those colors.

I like the 2 column format though. Seems like going wider is something to take advantage of since everything is so long. Did you see what 3 columns might look like?

Of course, I'm pretty new around here, so take all my thoughts as purely my own personal opinion and not criticism.

I tried to leave feedback on the talk back but noooo got 504'd every time. OH LOOK IT DECIDED TO SHOW UP 10 MINUTES AFTER I CLICK SAVE CHANGES. BEAUTIFUL.

Whatever.

I think they suck. It's taking up too much space for unimportant NPCs while I think you should make the Gym-Leaders all nice and shiny.

It's looking good, hon. But I agree with Trom on the Gym Leader portions-- the Poké Balls there look a bit awkward.

And I'm pretty sure that LucarioAura means put one of the menu sprites of the first Pokémon in the Trainers' party next to their name. I personally find that idea unnecessary, but I figured I'd clarify it anyway.

Yeah the balls might look a bit awkward, but sue me, I added them as a sidenote on a template I won't touch again until October.

I'm pretty sure he meant the overworld sprite which actually would be a nice place to put them IMO.

Also boss, speaking of the class article lists, I have that sortof thing going on in my sandbox now.

A good idea. Maybe we can use that come BW when I redesign the boxes yet again.

Looks awesome, though there is no example on a PokéGearNavVSSeekerized entry. Also, there is that one Double Team entry, I believe it could have two "first Pokémon" boxes.

Oh, and the leaders' boxes don't seem to have changed at all, except for the Poké Ball icons being there.

Check the history. I had ones with VS seekers in place before, but it was too long and crashed the templates at the end of the page.

And yeah, the leader boxes don't change, I just copied the sections from the eighth gyms.

Haha, just after I documented the existing trainer list templates! Oh well.

Collapse or no-collapse, I'm thinking that there are an awful lot of trainers which carry only 1 or 2 pokemon. That means a whole lot of empty blue cells, especially on the early routes of each game.

Probably would be a good idea to test what the blue/green pokemon cells look like with each different table color (cave, land, road, sand, shadow, snow, soot, space, volcano, or water). Wouldn't want to find out later it clashes bad with one of those colors.

I like the 2 column format though. Seems like going wider is something to take advantage of since everything is so long. Did you see what 3 columns might look like?

Of course, I'm pretty new around here, so take all my thoughts as purely my own personal opinion and not criticism.

Nothing changes in the documentation. This is one of the few times I'm perfectly happy with the template as I set it up.

I tried to leave feedback on the talk back but noooo got 504'd every time. OH LOOK IT DECIDED TO SHOW UP 10 MINUTES AFTER I CLICK SAVE CHANGES. BEAUTIFUL.

Whatever.

I think they suck. It's taking up too much space for unimportant NPCs while I think you should make the Gym-Leaders all nice and shiny.

Gym Leaders got their nice and shiny while these were crappy and boxy. I've revamped those templates like three times since then. It's the unimportant NPCs' turn. BW is when the Gym Leaders/bosses get the shiny new things.

Just make them the same as the Trainers. Leader X or Boss X or whatever.

I like it; are the "bosses" going to get a revamp too? Especially with border-radius upgrade?

Eventually. The problem there is that if I upgraded those it might result in breakage.

I think you should remove the "No item" text if the Pokémon isn't holding an item. Just let it be blank.

Perhaps you could try putting the item's icon instead of text next to the pokemon's name/level at the end of the bar.

I'm not asking for a major change; just fixing border-radius. Also, see my comments on Template:Border-radius and Template:Roundy 's talk pages.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom