• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

TV Schedule: August-September 2006 (CN, Kids' WB!, Boomerang, TV-Tokyo)

Why would they kep the puns titles anyway? Oh wel. i like "phony fear factor". my fave show is "Fear Factor" ^^

Actually, I think they keep the pun titles because:

1. It's what 4Kids did with the titles

2. They're easy to remember (well, they ARE, I've memorized all of them afterall, lol)

3. They usually give us a hint about which Pokemon is gonna be in the episode, OR about what's gonna happen in the episode

PokemonTrainerLisa said:
3. They usually give us a hint about which Pokemon is gonna be in the episode, OR about what's gonna happen in the episode

And the overly-descriptive Japanese titles don't?

The solution to all this is simple:

1) children like puns(You know the target audience)
2) Nintendo thinks they can convince kiddies nothing has change.
3) After yrs of puns, why change?
4) Japanese titles too over descriptive, sometimes the puns hide it a bit about what's coming

You seem to think the target audience are idiots...

Anyway, what I don't get, is why some of these puns (made for the target audience as you say) have references to stuff most kids don't even know?

And the overly-descriptive Japanese titles don't?
Key word being overly-descriptive.

I could have seen "The Midnight Duel" as the first dub title but not with "Psychic vs. Ghost!" tagged onto the beginning of it.

"Catch Snorunt!", that's my favorite.

And actually, alot of the BF titles have been confusing and misleading so far....

You seem to think the target audience are idiots...

Anyway, what I don't get, is why some of these puns (made for the target audience as you say) have references to stuff most kids don't even know?

First of all stop putting words into my mouth, I never said or thought they were idiots. Second of all, they don't have to really understand the meaning, as long as it's quick, simple, and funny. if it has all that, the children are kept happy. Besides, after all these yrs, do you really think they're going to change it?

You are acting as if the target audience is comprised of idiots.

Since when saying the TARGET AUDIENCE LIKES FUNNY PUNNY STUFF equials idiocy. Don't you understand children love comedy? but of course "Ignorance is bliss"

It's everything you're saying about the target audience. Besides, 4Kids did recognise that there is an older fanbase and PUSA looks like they do too.

I've added more Boomerang listings for the rest of August and the first part of September.

Now if only my cable company (Comcast) would give me Boomerang, I'd be happy.

It's everything you're saying about the target audience. Besides, 4Kids did recognise that there is an older fanbase and PUSA looks like they do too.

I know what I'm sayin, why? Cause' it's my career, because proffesors have been at it again, and I heard the term target audience the whole month of june.

Eh one thing is that they know they exist, but at the end they don't count. after all the ratings are only of the target audience. they put them up by percentages, if people outside of the target are becoming a Majority, then it's problems for Pokemon, that means the advertisers(You know the one that pay) Run away faster than a Rapidash. (Excuse the lame pun) then is equals as PRODUCT FAILURE! That means you can hear from a thounsand miles the CN programing exec saying: Pull the plug NOW! before we're broke.

At the end kiddies watching is what counts, that's how it works on the real world. and besides why care about the puns? As long as the dub is good, the titles shound't matter at all. and for what I understood of what Meowth's va said.. the dub hasn't improved

From what I can see, it's music from the original (with added dub music in between) and no pointless edits vs. quality of the voice actors. We can't see whether that was a worthwhile trade until we've had a chance to hear the new voices properly.

Friday, September 8th -

CN: 5:00pm - "Island Time" (unconfirmed)
CN: 8:00pm - "Pokémon Mysterious Dungeon"
CN: 8:30pm - "Fear Factor Phony"

Saturday, September 9th -

CN: 9:00am - "Fear Factor Phony"
CN: 9:30am - "Sweet Baby James"
CN: 7:00pm - "Putting the Air Back in Aerodactyl"
CN: 7:30pm - "Pokémon Mysterious Dungeon"
I'm confused about something.

Okay, I saw the commercial advertising the premiere of season 9, but it said that it was airing on September 9th......

So is the first season 9 episode gonna be airing on Friday, September 8th, like it says on Dogasu's schedule?

Or is it gonna be airing on Saturday, September 9th, like the commercial said?

Actually, nevermind. XD

I think what they're doing is airing the first episode of season 9 on Friday as sort of a preview or something. And then, maybe they're reairing the first season 9 episode, and after that airing the second season 9 episode on Saturday which would be the "official" start of the new season. Is that what they're doing?

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom