• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

TV Schedule: August-September 2006 (CN, Kids' WB!, Boomerang, TV-Tokyo)

September 2006

CN=Cartoon Network
WB=Kids' WB!
BR=Boomerang
TT=TV-Tokyo

All times, except for TV-Tokyo airings, are ET.
Premieres appear in bold
When the dubbed title is unknown, the translation of the Japanese title is listed in italics.

All times are tentative and subject to change without notice.

-------------------------------------------

Saturday, September 2nd -

BR: 7:00am - "Island of the Giant Pokémon"
BR: 7:30am - "Tentacool and Tentacruel"
WB: 10:00am - "Sitting Psyduck"
CN: 7:00pm - "Journey to the Starting Line"
CN: 7:30pm - "Putting the Air Back in Aerodactyl"
BR: 10:00pm - "The Ninja Poké-Showdown"
BR: 10:30pm - "The Flame Pokémon-athon"

Sunday, September 3rd -

TT: 8:00am - "Kasumi Enters! Togepi and the Kingdom of Illusions!" (ENCORE)

BR: 7:00am - "The Ghost of Maiden's Peak"
BR: 7:30am - "Bye Bye Butterfree"
BR: 10:00pm - "The Kangaskhan Kid"
BR: 10:30pm - "The Bridge Bike Gang"

Monday, September 4th -

BR: 7:00am - "Abra and the Psychic Showdown"
BR: 7:30am - "The Tower of Terror"
BR: 3:30pm - "Bulbasaur's Mysterious Garden"
BR: 10:00pm - "Ditto's Mysterious Mansion"
BR: 10:30pm - "Pikachu's Goodbye"

Tuesday, September 5th -

BR: 7:00am - "Haunter vs. Kadabra"
BR: 7:30am - "Primeape Goes Bananas"
BR: 3:30pm - "The Case of the K-9 Caper"
CN: 5:00pm - "The Ribbon Cup Caper"
BR: 10:00pm - "The Battling Eevee Brothers"
BR: 10:30pm - "Wake Up, Snorlax"

Wednesday, September 6th -

BR: 7:00am - "Pokémon Scent-sation"
BR: 7:30am - "Hypno's Naptime"
BR: 3:30pm - "Pokémon Paparazzi"
CN: 5:00pm - "Hi Ho Silver Wind!"
BR: 10:00pm - "Showdown at Dark City"
BR: 10:30pm - "The Problem with Paras"

Thursday, September 7th -

BR: 7:00am - "Pokémon Fashion Flash"
BR: 7:30am - "The Punchy Pokémon"
BR: 3:30pm - "The Ultimate Test"
CN: 5:00pm - "Deceit and Assist!"
BR: 10:00pm - "The Song of Jigglypuff"
BR: 10:30pm - "Attack of the Prehistoric Pokémon"

TT: 7:00pm -
"Satoshi vs. Haruka! The Last Battle!!"

Friday, September 8th -

BR: 7:00am - "Sparks Fly for Magnemite"
BR: 7:30am - "Dig Those Diglett"
BR: 3:30pm - "The Breeding Center Secret"
CN: 5:00pm - "Rhapsody in Drew" (unconfirmed)
CN: 8:00pm - "Pokémon Mysterious Dungeon"
CN: 8:30pm - "Fear Factor Phony"

BR: 10:00pm - "A Chansey Operation"
BR: 10:30pm - "Holy Matrimony"
CN: 10:30pm - "Pokémon Mysterious Dungeon"
CN: 11:00pm - "Fear Factor Phony"

Saturday, September 9th -

BR: 7:00am - "The Ninja Poké-Showdown"
BR: 7:30am - "The Flame Pokémon-athon"
CN: 9:00am - "Fear Factor Phony"
CN: 9:30am - "Sweet Baby James"
WB: 10:00am - TBA
CN: 7:00pm - "Putting the Air Back in Aerodactyl"
CN: 7:30pm - "Pokémon Mysterious Dungeon"
BR: 10:00pm - "So Far, Yet So Farfetch'd"
BR: 10:30pm - "Who Gets to Keep Togepi?"

Sunday, September 10th -

BR: 7:00am - "The Kangaskhan Kid"
BR: 7:30am - "The Bridge Bike Gang"
BR: 10:00pm - "Bulbasaur's Mysterious Garden"
BR: 10:30pm - "The Case of the K-9 Caper"

TT: 8:00am - "To the Other Side of the Mirage! Togepi's Paradise!" (ENCORE)

Monday, September 11th -

BR: 7:00am - "Ditto's Mysterious Mansion"
BR: 7:30am - "Pikachu's Goodbye"
BR: 3:30pm - "Pokémon - I Choose You!"
CN: 5:00pm - "Island Time" (unconfirmed)
CN: 7:00pm - "Pokémon Mysterious Dungeon"
BR: 10:00pm - "Pokémon Paparrazzi"
BR: 10:30pm - "The Ultimate Test"

Tuesday, September 12th -

BR: 7:00am - "The Battling Eevee Brothers"
BR: 7:30am - "Wake Up, Snorlax"
BR: 3:30pm - "Pokémon Emergency"
CN: 5:00pm - "Like a Meowth to a Flame" (unconfirmed)
BR: 10:00pm - "The Breeding Center Secret"
BR: 10:30pm - "Pokémon - I Choose You!"

Wednesday, September 13th -

BR: 7:00am - "Showdown in Dark City"
BR: 7:30am - "The Problem with Paras"
BR: 3:30pm - "Ash Catches a Pokémon"
CN: 5:00pm - "Saved by the Beldum" (unconfirmed)
BR: 10:00pm - "Pokémon Emergency"
BR: 10:30pm - "Ash Catches a Pokémon"

Thursday, September 14th -

BR: 7:00am - "The Song of Jigglypuff"
BR: 7:30am - "Attack of the Prehistoric Pokémon"
BR: 3:30pm - "Challenge of the Samurai"
CN: 5:00pm - "From Brags to Riches" (unconfirmed)
BR: 10:00pm - "Challenge of the Samurai"
BR: 10:30pm - "Showdown in Pewter City"

"The End of a Journey and the Beginning of a Journey!"

Friday, September 15th -

BR: 7:00am - "A Chansey Operation"
BR: 7:30am - "Holy Matrimony"
BR: 3:30pm - "Showdown in Pewter City"
CN: 5:00pm - "Shocks and Bonds" (unconfirmed)

Saturday, September 16th -

CN: 9:00am - "Sweet Baby James"
CN: 9:30am - "A Chip off the Old Brock"

Sunday, September 17th -

TT: 8:00am - Pokemon Research #47, "In Search of the Secrets of the New Games"

Monday, September 18th -

CN: 5:00pm - "A Judgment Brawl" (unconfirmed)

Tuesday, September 19th -

CN: 5:00pm - "Choose It or Loose It" (unconfirmed)

Wednesday, September 20th -

CN: 5:00pm - "At the End of the Fray" (unconfirmed)

Thursday, September 21st -

CN: 5:00pm - "The Scheme Team" (unconfirmed)

Friday, September 22nd -

CN: 5:00pm - "The Right Place and the Right Mime" (unconfirmed)

Saturday, September 23rd -

CN: 9:00am - "A Chip Off the Old Brock"
CN: 9:30am - "Wheel...Of Fortune!"
CN: 7:00pm - "Luvdisc is a Many Splendored Thing!"
CN: 7:30pm - "Those Darn Electabuzz"

Sunday, September 24th -

TT: 8:00am - Pokemon Research #48, "In Search of the Secrets of the New Anime"

Monday, September 25th -

CN: 5:00pm - "A Real Cleffa-Hanger!" (unconfirmed)

Tuesday, September 26th -

CN: 5:00pm - "Numero Uno Articuno" (unconfirmed)

Wednesday, September 27th -

CN: 5:00pm - "The Symbol Life" (unconfirmed)

Thursday, September 28th -

CN: 5:00pm - "Hooked on Onyx" (unconfirmed)

"Setting Off! From Futaba Town to Masago Town!"

Friday, September 29th -

CN: 5:00pm - "Rough, Tough Jigglypuff" (unconfirmed)

Saturday, September 30th -

CN: 9:00am - "Wheel...Of Fortune!"
CN: 9:30am - "May's Egg-citing Adventure!"
CN: 7:00pm - "Those Darn Electabuzz"
CN: 7:30pm - "The Search for a Legend"

Sunday, September 31st -

TT: 8:00am - TBA

Last edited:
Thanks for the updates Dogasu! Now we know the real dates for season 9. Also are you gonna try to do the comparisons for those episodes after they air? Were all anxious to know if they do keep the music and they don't use paint edits, and your the go to guy on that ^_^. Also I hope you do a new comparison for the Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon redubed that's coming with the 8th movie. *hoping*

Mastermind will probably be the same other than the voice acting.

But yeah, I'm sure we're all going to be very interested in the first season nine comparisons.

Yes, but we are also interested in early Johto ones ^^

Hey, don't forget that 7th movie had some time cuts when premiered on KWB, so who says that it couldn't be the same for Mastermind?

Heh, but if Season 9 doesn't have really any edits, Dogasu is gonna be out of a job.

Hmm, I expected the Lucario movie to air on CN around September, but I guess not. But it will probably air on their sometime in the early future.

There will still be edits. The main danger is them becoming standard and boring but that problem has been referred to in comparisons for 4Kids anyway.
Yes, but we are also interested in early Johto ones
They would be nice but finding out how PUSA does is of more importance to me.

Fom what Dogasu has done, Johto looks closer to the original than more recent episodes anyway.

Hey, remember when I used to do these?
Yeah! I love it when you do these! :)

Hehe, I was wondering why you hadn't done any of them for a while, lol. ^^o

September 2006

Friday, September 8th -

CN: 5:00pm - "Island Time" (unconfirmed)
CN: 8:00pm - "Pokémon Mysterious Dungeon"
CN: 8:30pm - "Fear Factor Phony"

Saturday, September 9th -

CN: 9:00am - "Fear Factor Phony"
CN: 9:30am - "Sweet Baby James"
CN: 7:00pm - "Putting the Air Back in Aerodactyl"
CN: 7:30pm - "Pokémon Mysterious Dungeon"

Saturday, September 16th -

CN: 9:00am - "Sweet Baby James"
CN: 9:30am - "A Chip off the Old Brock"
Okay, so let me get this straight......

After the Mysterious Dungeon special on Friday evening, they will air the first season 9 episode?

And on the next day, Saturday morning, they will air the second episode, so I guess that means season 9 officially starts on September 8th/9th.

So according to that schedule, it looks like they'll have an encore of the previous episode at 9:00 AM. And then, of course the new episodes of season 9 will be airing every Saturday at 9:30 AM (which is 30 minutes earlier than the time that KidsWB aired Pokemon).

So, I was just wondering, but was September 8th/9th the original air date for season 9 to start? Or did they bring their schedule up, to have everything air sooner?

Because I had originally thought that season 9 wasn't supposed to start until much later in September......

Hmm...it seems CN is pulling another BoBoBo (having the premiere the friday before the announced date).

Still, that's cool! Pokemon getting a primetime premier, sweet!

I am surprised MD is only 30 minutes though....

Daniel Jake said:
Also are you gonna try to do the comparisons for those episodes after they air?

But of course.

Yes, but we are also interested in early Johto ones ^^

Me too, but I want to get the more recent stuff out of the way first, since I think that's what most of us are interested in.

Habukane said:
Heh, but if Season 9 doesn't have really any edits, Dogasu is gonna be out of a job.

No I won't...I'll still have all those old Kanto, Orange Islands, and Jouto comparisons waiting for me. Believe me, I have no shortage of work ahead of me.

PokemonTrainerLisa said:
Hehe, I was wondering why you hadn't done any of them for a while, lol. ^^o

Well, laziness is part of it, but it's also because these things take a long time to do. This thread took me about an hour to create because of how many things I had to look up.

Okay, so let me get this straight......

After the Mysterious Dungeon special on Friday evening, they will air the first season 9 episode?

Yes.

And on the next day, Saturday morning, they will air the second episode, so I guess that means season 9 officially starts on September 8th/9th.

Yes.

So according to that schedule, it looks like they'll have an encore of the previous episode at 9:00 AM. And then, of course the new episodes of season 9 will be airing every Saturday at 9:30 AM (which is 30 minutes earlier than the time that KidsWB aired Pokemon).

Yes again.

So, I was just wondering, but was September 8th/9th the original air date for season 9 to start? Or did they bring their schedule up, to have everything air sooner?

Because I had originally thought that season 9 wasn't supposed to start until much later in September......

We never really had a set date before now. All we knew was "Fall 2006" and then, later, "September 2006." We never knew how early or how late into the month the season would actually start.

Thanks for answering are questions Dogasu! Its nice to know you'll be doing the new episodes and I can hardly wait. And its so true you won't be out of the job you have many oldies and than all the new stuff. Hopefully you'll be able to see the new episodes when they air (if you got cable now) or if not I know you'll find a way. Also are you ever going to put new rants or the other stuff on your site? I used to love reading people go on and some people would have great rants such as the va situation and so much more, if not I can live with just your comparisons :]

I was not expecting them to air the eps that fast. This could cause some interesting things to happen... Anyway...Sunday, September 17th -TT: 8:00am - Pokemon Research #47, "In Search of the Secrets of the New Games"
o.o Is this what I think it is? Info on D/P before it's release? Seeing as how this is after the time Coro Coro comes by, it may not be anything that we would not know by then.

Well, laziness is part of it, but it's also because these things take a long time to do. This thread took me about an hour to create because of how many things I had to look up.
Yeah, that's true.

I always figured these threads took a long time for you to make, because of everything you have to type and all the information you have to look up.

That's a lot of work just to make a schedule for Pokemon, lol. XD

Anyway though, Dogasu, I wanna let you know that I've always appreciated you doing this for us. I like knowing ahead of time which episode is coming on.

And also, your schedules are great! I love how you list all the episodes, the reruns, the new episodes, specials and everything! :-D

Of course, this list will help me out a lot, because now I'll know when "Do I Hear A Ralts?" and "Showdown At Linoone" will be airing.

I've been wondering about that especially, since I need to tape those episodes and re-record them (I accidentally missed taping the beginning part of "Do I Hear A Ralts?", and I accidentally taped another Pokemon episode over "Showdown At Linoone" because I thought that was a blank tape, lol). XD

We never really had a set date before now. All we knew was "Fall 2006" and then, later, "September 2006." We never knew how early or how late into the month the season would actually start.
Oh, I see. So that's what happened.

Yeah, that makes sense.

And by the way, thanks for clearing everything up for me, Dogasu. ^^

Anyway, that would explain why I was so confused about this, because they had never released a set date for season 9 before now.

I guess I was just hoping they would start airing season 9 later on in the month, but oh well......

Overall, I hope I will be prepared for this when I see the first few episodes of season 9.

*hopes that they'll be good episodes so she can continue to watch the dub version of Pokemon*

Last edited:
Yeah, I find it hilarious how some people actually thought they'd get rid of all the title puns and thought they'd even keep the Japanese titles. XD

:lol:

Anyway, I mentioned this earlier, but I love the episode title puns and I can't wait to see what the other episodes are called. ^_^

Really, cuz I find it hilarious that anyone thought that having the old VAs back is possible.

:p I had to say something. Now let's not bring all the SOVA/Anti-SOVA in here, it was a joke...

"Ew, puns" is all I can think of right now.

I wasn't trying to do that, and start a SOVA/anti-SOVA firght or debate again, I was just simply replying (and making a joke) about what Lila-chan had said.

LOL at your joke though. Hehe, you made a joke right after I did!! XD

And speaking of that one post, Lila-chan you really shouldn't have posted that message on here. X_X

Bulbagarden isn't like the SOVA forums where you can just post anything.

I mean, whether we like it or not, people WILL flame us on here. And your post was just asking for people to start flaming SOVA again.

On behalf of SOVA and its members, I apologize for what Lila-chan said up there. I hope no one found that offensive or anything.

And by the way, Lila-chan, I think you should probably apologize too (just in case). That way, maybe we can prevent another huge fight/debate from happening.

I really don't want that to happen, especially not in this thread. This is a good thread, because we have the whole entire Pokemon schedule right here (and again, Dogasu, thank you for typing that up for everyone).

Last edited:
I was not expecting them to air the eps that fast. This could cause some interesting things to happen... Anyway...Sunday, September 17th -TT: 8:00am - Pokemon Research #47, "In Search of the Secrets of the New Games"
o.o Is this what I think it is? Info on D/P before it's release? Seeing as how this is after the time Coro Coro comes by, it may not be anything that we would not know by then.

It's probably nothing major, just Pokemon Sunday reviewing already known info most likely (I've always wanted too see a Pokemon Sunday episode, can anyone *show* me them? If you catch my drift....

Although, remember that new video showing the male on a bike? That was from Pokemon Sunday, so they may have new videos ever once in awhile, but I doubt anything groundbreaking..

Anyway, after looking at these titles, I really like them, and their better then 4kids puns..like...

"A Greater Porpoise"--worst.title.ever.lol.

EDIT: We need a "Guess the Dub Topic", those are cool!

I'm soo sorry for totally doing that... but anyways, I'm happy that the puns are back, but "Wheel of... fortune." pun totally reminds me of the game show too much.

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom