• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

TV Tokyo and CN Ratings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokémon CN Ratings

Good to hear. I guess people found out about the new timeslot.

"NOTE POKEMON DID NOT AIR THIS WEEK BECAUSE OF THE NARUTO SPECIAL!"

21.1%(23.2%) 02/13 (Sun) 6:30pm-7:00pm Fuji TV Sazae-san
sazae-san.jpg

13.4%(16.0%) 02/13 (Sun) 6:00pm-6:30pm Fuji TV Chibi Maruko-chan
chibi+maruko.jpg

11.1%(12.0%) 02/13 (Sun) 9:30am-10:00am Fuji TV One Piece
One_Piece_Title_9.png

10.8%(*9.5%) 02/11 (Fri) 7:00pm-9:48pm EX* TV Asahi Doraemon 3 Hour Special
doraemon_and_friends.png

10.6%(10.4%) 02/12 (Sat) 6:00pm-6:30pm NTV Detective Conan
detective-conan1.jpg

*8.2%(10.1%) 02/13 (Sun) 9:00am-9:30am Fuji TV Dragon Ball Kai
dragonballkai.jpg

*5.7%(*6.0%) 02/13 (Sun) 8:30am-9:00am TV Asahi Suite Precure
Suite-Precure.jpg

*5.5%(*4.4%) 02/07 (Mon) 7:00pm-7:30pm TV Tokyo Tamagotchi!
tamagotchi.png

*5.4%(*4.1%) 02/09 (Wed) 7:00pm-7:26pm TV Tokyo Mainichi Kāsan
13380.jpg

*4.8%(**.*%) 02/12 (Sat) 8:35am-9:00am ETV Curious George TV
0e82ccdf10418b77952a7b7cac9034711245734505_full.png

TOP TEN ABOVE!
-------------------------------

*4.6%(*3.7%) 02/09 (Wed) 7:26pm-7:55pm TV Tokyo Inazuma Eleven

*4.5%(*5.5%) 02/08 (Tue) 7:00pm-7:30pm TV Asashi Stitch! ~Zutto Saikō no Tomodachi~

*3.9%(*3.5%) 02/07 (Mon) 7:30pm-8:00pm TV Tokyo FAIRY TAIL

*3.8%(--.-%) 02/10 (Thu) 7:00pm-7:58pm TV Tokyo Naruto SHIPPUDEN Special

*3.7%(*3.4%) 02/11 (Fri) 4:30pm-5:00pm NTV Soreike! Anpanman

*3.6%(*3.8%) 02/08 (Tue) 7:30pm-7:54pm TV Asashi Digimon Xros Wars

*2.9%(*2.5%) 02/13 (Sun) 9:00am-9:30am TV Tokyo Hime Chen! Otogi Chikku Idol Lilpri

*2.6%(*2.3%) 02/13 (Sun) 7:00am-7:30am TV Asahi Battle Spirits: Brave

*2.4%(*2.5%) 02/12 (Sat) 9:00am-9:30am TV Tokyo Gokujō!! Mecha Mote Iinchō Sekando Korekushon

*2.3%(*2.0%) 02/13 (Sun) 5:00pm-5:30pm TBS Star Driver

*2.0%(*2.6%) 02/12 (Sat) 8:30am-9:00am TV Tokyo Oha Coliseum

*2.0%(*2.4%) 02/08 (Tue) 12:59am-1:29am NTV Kimi ni Todoke Season 2

*1.5%(*2.8%) 02/13 (Sun) 7:00am-7:30am NTV Beelzebub

Well, the ratings for last Saturday (or 2/12/11) are out.

CARTOON NETWORK 1.3/6 Avg. (7a-1p)
Ben 10: Ultimate Alien 0.9/9; Generator Rex 1.3/10; Star Wars: Clone Wars 1.5/9; Beyblade: Metal Fusion 1.5/8; Pokemon: Black & White 2.2/10; Pokemon: Black & White 2.2/10; Bakugan: Gundalian Invaders 0.8/4; Hot Wheels: Battle Force 0.9/4; Hole in the Wall 0.8/4; Scooby-Doo! Mystery Inc. 0.8/4; Garfield Show 1.2/5; Garfield Show 1.1/5

Source

Well it beat everything else on CN's block.

Not to mention it over came the barrier that is CN's marketing department completely screwing up the advertised premiere timeslot.

WOW :D

Even though Pokemon had only one week for promotions and on a pretty useless timeslot, but still it got the highest ratings. FAntabUlous, hope it'll maintain its rating next week ;)

EDIT: TV TOKYO ratings
2月17日放送・ポケモンBWは視聴率7.0%(-0.1%)

17th Feb BW019 --> 7.0 (-0.1% as compared to DP special)

Last edited:

Well, Pokemon finally wins out CN block with a 2.2

Ben 10: Ultimate Alien 0.9/9; Generator Rex 1.3/10; Star Wars: Clone Wars 1.5/9; Beyblade: Metal Fusion 1.5/8; Pokemon: Black & White 2.2/10; Pokemon: Black & White 2.2/10; Bakugan: Gundalian Invaders 0.8/4; Hot Wheels: Battle Force 0.9/4; Hole in the Wall 0.8/4; Scooby-Doo! Mystery Inc. 0.8/4; Garfield Show 1.2/5; Garfield Show 1.1/5

But it still couldn't beat the local channel CW. Why? Because kids love Sonic X and whatever else was playing on at 9:00

Well, Pokemon finally wins out CN block with a 2.2

But it still couldn't beat the local channel CW. Why? Because kids love Sonic X and whatever else was playing on at 9:00

Except that it did beat out Sonic X and every other show on CW.

CW (Toonzai) 1.2/6 Avg. (7a-12p)
Cubix 0.2/2; Cubix 0.7/5; Sonic X 1.5/9; Sonic X 1.7/8; Yu-Gi-Oh 1.6/7; Sonic X 1.7/7; Dragon Ball Z Kai 1.4/6; Yu-Gi-Oh Special (90 min) 1.1/5

Last time I checked, 2.2 was greater than 1.5 or 1.7.

cohen said:

You know, you always seem come in this thread every week saying the same thing, usually "4Kids/Nick did so much better" or something along those lines. Why is that? I mean, what's the deal? It's doing well for CN, and that's what matters.

Except that it did beat out Sonic X and every other show on CW.

Last time I checked, 2.2 was greater than 1.5 or 1.7.

Multiply broadcast numbers by 2. The clip show of Yugioh won out in this case.

I come here stating facts, and allude to Pokemon could do much better on CW.

Its funny how Pokemon still does well over a decade after it started. This is after the fad died, the voices changed, and many characters have left the show.

It goes to show you the show will always do well no matter what changes in it.

What exactly is so good about the CW? Pokemon has been on CN for almost 5 years now, and a new series has just started. It's not going anywhere...

Gliscor'd said:
Its funny how Pokemon still does well over a decade after it started. This is after the fad died, the voices changed, and many characters have left the show.

It goes to show you the show will always do well no matter what changes in it.

I know, right? It's amazing how this long this show has lasted, both here and in Japan. I mean, the fact that in Japan it still manages to be in the top 10 every week is... Wow. Makes me happy.

Broadcast networks reach a much wider audience. Look at DBZ Kai. Funimation wanted it to reach a wide audience, and their show has.

This isn't a new series, it is a new season. Get it right. A new series is when a new set of characters are shown, and none of the old ones, unless as cameos. I still see Ash, so no new series. It will be a new series on CW once Zexal starts. Or when Taichi chasers.

Broadcast networks reach a much wider audience. Look at DBZ Kai. Funimation wanted it to reach a wide audience, and their show has.

I get what your saying, but why does Pokemon need to reach a wider audience? TPCi seems to fine with the show where it is. I mean, it's not like the games are slowing down.

This isn't a new series, it is a new season. Get it right.

So... Black and White is just a new season. Nothing special at all. It's just like "Galactic Battles" and "Battle Dimension."

...I don't think so. In Japan, there is no "Galactic Battles", it's all a part of the Diamond and Pearl series. I'm pretty sure "seasons" are an American concept.

Last edited:

This isn't a new series, it is a new season. Get it right. A new series is when a new set of characters are shown, and none of the old ones, unless as cameos. I still see Ash, so no new series. It will be a new series on CW once Zexal starts. Or when Taichi chasers.

Funimation didn't 4kids asked for kai. I honestly don't get you Cohen you never ever have anything good to say about Pokemon but your quick to make Toonzai, Yugioh, and 4kids out to be God's greatest Gift. Well if double the kids are watching Toonzai then cartoonnetwork then that's a cool job by Pokemon and it's a awesome job.

Anyway that's a cool awesome job Pokemon! Nice Vibration. :)

Well if double the kids are watching Toonzai then cartoonnetwork then that's a cool job by Pokemon and it's a awesome job.

I agree. They both did well this week. Great for Pokemon and a great job for Toonzaki.

Last edited:

Funimation didn't 4kids asked for kai. I honestly don't get you Cohen you never ever have anything good to say about Pokemon but your quick to make Toonzai, Yugioh, and 4kids out to be God's greatest Gift. Well if double the kids are watching Toonzai then cartoonnetwork then that's a cool job by Pokemon and it's a awesome job.

Other way around, Funimation asked.

EDIT: I don't understand you so well either, but you don't see me complaining.

Other way around, Funimation asked.

EDIT: I don't understand you so well either, but you don't see me complaining.

No, 4kids went up to Funi and asked being desperate you must be thinking of Nicktoons and Cartoonnetwork.

I'm not complaining either way I just don't get you.

1.You talk about how great you think Yugioh is all the time.
2.You never compliment Pokemon.
3.Every time it gets awesome ratings you say Toonzai, Toonzai, Toonzai even though Toonzai should be doing awesome either way.
4.You claim it's card sales are losing to Yugioh and Duel Master.

I honestly don't remember you saying anything nice about Pokemon.

Last edited:

That is flat out wrong. Perhaps you could give the PR where it says 4kids went desperately to Funimation?

This one says 4kids licensed it (http://www.animenews.biz/4kids-to-broadcast-dragon-ball-z-kai-on-cw4kids-this-fall-4382/) while this one says they teamed up (http://www.animevice.com/news/dragon-ball-z-kai-to-air-on-cw4kids/4324/)

Since DBZ was not going to get any views from Nicktoons due to being a small channel, and seeing how 4kids is big in the broadcast waves, they took the chance.

Now then, Pokemon ratings have been basically stable, but so have other shows. Thing is, TCPi should realize there are more options available, and try to license the show out to mroe outlets, such as CW4kids, where it could get more viewers.

Multiply broadcast numbers by 2. The clip show of Yugioh won out in this case.

So let me get this straight. This is your logic? If X is greater than Y, then bring Z into the equation. Then, multiply Y by Z to make it greater than X. Therefore, Y is greater than X.

I'm sorry, but ratings don't work like that. Fact is, Show X (Pokemon) received more viewers than than show Y on Toonzai last. It's right there in fine print. Z (in this case, 2) is an imaginary made up number, and it has no bearing on that reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom