The trailer shows off all of the characters previously revealed one month ago together with the announcement of the main cast, and in doing so notably confirms some of the speculation regarding the references being made with certain character's names, specifically:
- Kageaki Hiyama, played by Shō Kasamatsu, is confirmed as being inspired by Charmander
- Kazuchika Kogusuri, played by Tomoharu Hasegawa, who we had not previously speculated on, is apparently inspired by Kangaskhan
- Yōko Meguro, played by Aya Hirano, was previously speculated by Japanese fans to be a reference to Sandile based on her name, but is apparently actually inspired by Ninetales.
- Yūki Koide, played by Ryō Sekoguchi, is inspired by Magikarp as was widely predicted.
- Kōichi Yadoya, played by Muga Tsukaji, is confirmed as being inspired by Slowbro
- Midori Kudō, played by Rio Uchida, is of course a blatant reference to the rival character from the first Generation of Pokémon games, who was known as Green in Japan but was renamed to Blue internationally.
- Masako, played by Eriko Sato, is refered to as a "Psychic Mama", seemingly confirming speculation that the character is inspired by the Jynx players can receive via in-game trade in the original Pokémon Red and Green.