• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review TW05: Assistant

I thought this episode was great! I feel like the games really didn't flesh out Oleana...she just came across as someone who was very busy and, as a result, short tempered. I loved that this episode shed some light on her past and how she became Rose's assistant, what her day-to-day work life is like, etc. It really explained why she's so short and acts the way she does in the games. I really appreciated that.

This series also continues to do a great job of incorporating Pokemon into the world the characters are living in. My personal favorites were the Wobbuffett working in the office and Mr. Rime tap dancing in the street. It just all feels so natural and jumps off the screen.

These shorts continue to be fun and enjoyable to watch. I'll be sad once they're over!

The other episodes focused on each trainer's relationship with a Pokemon and really emphasized the beauty of the world of Pokemon.
Yes, and that's exactly what I didn't like at all about this new episode. One aspect I love so much about Pokemon in general is that it's a completely different, better world separated from most of the superficial concerns of everyday life in our world (I hope I'm not sounding to philosophical and you can see what I mean). This episode, however, was all about Oleana being a workaholic and about her day at Roses's company. Don't we see that all day long in our world already? Do we really need to see that in Pokemon as well?

The episode didn't change my dislike for Oleana at all. The only positive aspect that made up for that a bit was the appearance of so many different Pokemon (mostly Galarian forms) und two Gigantamax Pokemon. This indeed was done very nicely. (Well, although you could argue that using a Sudowoodo as a plant and a Pumpkaboo as a street lamp is pretty abusive and could get pretty boring for those Poemon after some time )

Apart form the nice animation and the Pokemon appearances it was the worst Pokemon Twilight Wings episode in my eyes.

Last edited:
The English dub for this continues to be really really good, which in turn makes the regular TV series' dub being the way it is that much more disappointing.

Esserise said:
The characterization was cute but my god the animation was bad.

The animation for episodes 1-4 were all done by Twin Engine Inc. & Lay-duce while this one was outsourced to DR Movie. Maybe this was due to COVID-19?

Last edited:
The animation for episodes 1-4 were all done by Twin Engine Inc. & Lay-duce while this one was outsourced to DR Movie. Maybe this was due to COVID-19?

Interesting. I was wondering if the virus may have had an impact.

Damn. She straight-up murdered that Rotom!

Always refreshing to see Pokemon with day jobs.

Nice seeing more Gigantamax as well (especially since we're gonna be hard up for it in the TV Show...)

The fact it was delayed by about a month is a little telling...

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom