• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Check out our new Mysterious Garden forum style if you haven't already - we're sure you'll love it!
  • All members are allowed to express their opinions, no matter how unpopular, so long as they respect others and do not claim their opinion is the only valid opinion. While we understand that there is debate regarding Goh, someone posting an opinion you disagree with does not give you the right to attack them or report the content for trolling/baiting. This notice will serve as a 0-point warning and as such, Anime & Manga staff reserve the right to jump immediately to point warnings. For more information regarding our stance on arguments and debates, see this PSA.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Preview TW08: The Gathering of Stars

Status
Not open for further replies.

SammyW27

NOBODY EXPECTS A PALDEAN INQUISTION!
Reaction score
There will be a special November 5 for the DLC

1603459038818.png

More details as they become available.

Last edited:

Emmy

Cam Girl~
Reaction score
What a surprise, though a welcome one to be sure.

Hmm. 星の祭... "Star Festival" or something to that effect. Dunno what that's referring to, maybe someone who's played the DLC knows. :unsure:

Alola

UltraMysteryDungeon, when?
Reaction score
An encore performance?!

Admittedly, I am more excited for this than the Eternatus arc in Pocket Monsters; I hope the special will be long and spotlight other characters. Seeing Mustard, Klara, and Avery would be neat.

Emmy

Cam Girl~
Reaction score
Yeah, considering the shorts were supposed to be around five minutes but the last episode was stretched into just under ten, I really hope they make the expansion even longer to show off all that Twilight Wings goodness. :love:

Islander Princess

My Little Ponyta
Reaction score
Super excited for this! Twilight Wings was such a great series; totally changed my opinion of the short form web based series Pokemon's been doing recently.

I definitely hope they include elements of the DLC in this. I've especially been having fun with Crown Tundra, so it'd be really cool to see it animated in Twilight Wings' gorgeous style.

Sobble Bubble-O-Seven

Sobble is my spirit animal.
Reaction score
What a surprise, though a welcome one to be sure.

Hmm. 星の祭... "Star Festival" or something to that effect. Dunno what that's referring to, maybe someone who's played the DLC knows. :unsure:
Mario and other Mushroom Kingdom residents (along with Rosalina) potentially making an appearance? :unsure: :wynaut:

pokepal_123

Reaction score
More Twilight Wings is always a positive. Heavens better than the Current Anime of course
Imagine comparing a 5-7 minute short that releases once a month with a 20 minute weekly release.

Seriously, you would expect TW to be better since they have more time to work on it. There something wrong if a bunch of shorts isn't able to be better thought out

Alola

UltraMysteryDungeon, when?
Reaction score
Imagine comparing a 5-7 minute short that releases once a month with a 20 minute weekly release.

Seriously, you would expect TW to be better since they have more time to work on it. There something wrong if a bunch of shorts isn't able to be better thought out
Yet, the 20 minute weekly release is from a series that has been airing for 23 years, with all the resources that encompass such a feat; you would think, by now, their writing and pacing would be consistently substantial if not better.

I think that is where the ire and comparisons come from, especially since Pocket Monsters and Twilight Wings currently both feature animated takes on Galar.

Silktree

Not Dead
Reaction score
Twilight Wings is a series that barely focuses on Pokemon, which is why you won't see many kids praise it. Maybe I'd like it if I didn't find the characters boring for the most part, and if the plot didn't amount to "wow, being a trainer is a big deal in Galar!"

dawn dusk

dead head
Reaction score
Rather than the old unleashed characters Galar Characters have really a significant and unique characteristics.
  • A masked shy boy
  • A wizard granny
  • A poet/singer/captain of a villainous team
  • A stron man who takes selfies regularly
& many more. These cool characters help to reach Twilight Wings heaven.

PkmnTrainerV

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
Twilight Wings is a series that barely focuses on Pokemon, which is why you won't see many kids praise it. Maybe I'd like it if I didn't find the characters boring for the most part, and if the plot didn't amount to "wow, being a trainer is a big deal in Galar!"
We already have stories of trainers in Galar thanks to the games and the main Pokémon Journeys anime. What’s wrong with a new creative take? The plot of Twilight Wings does enough to show that trainers are a big deal in Galar, from the point of view of a non-trainer. It gives us perspectives which we’ve literally never seen before.

I'm going to give any faults a pass since it’s much more creative and a new attempt compared than the thousandth nostalgia grab or bait and switch advertising.

SammyW27

NOBODY EXPECTS A PALDEAN INQUISTION!
Reaction score
I think that is where the ire and comparisons come from, especially since Pocket Monsters and Twilight Wings currently both feature animated takes on Galar.

Though Pocket Monsters is barely doing anything with Galar...

Them using Darkest Day feels like a sign they're going back random misadventures all over the world (mainly Kanto. (Mostly in Vermillion City))

Status
Not open for further replies.