• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview TW08: The Gathering of Stars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though I think it's a little difficult to totally compare TW to the mainline series, I don't think it's unfair that people have been enjoying TW more. Honestly, I can see it. In my opinion, Journeys has definitely improved since it began, but it still has a ton of weak spots/areas for improvement. Personally, I expect a little more out of a long running, 20+ minute TV show than a short form web series.

I have yet to begin watching the Galar arc that's currently going on in the mainline show, but from what I've read thus far, it sounds like there are some pacing and plot issues. The series itself has also done a pretty poor job of showing off most of the regions and what makes them unique. TW, on the other hand, did an incredible job of fleshing out what makes Galar special. And even if they had longer to work on it, they still accomplished it in a running time that's 1/3rd of a mainline episode.

Though does anyone else find it weird and/or concerning that it's 3 days away and we know NOTHING yet?

Hopefully they'll surprise us--both ways--but the lack of info or hype isn't very comforting...<_<

We know about as much about Episode 8 as we did about pretty much every other Twilight Wings episode pre-release.

I mean if you are going to call XY well written them you might as well say JN is a masterpiece then? What I'm saying is that XY was so poorly written that even Journeys looks somewhat good(not much
better in the writing department so far).

The writing and handling of the main characters and their plots in XY was the biggest problem in XY, like Journeys but 2x worse.

View: https://twitter.com/Pokemon_cojp/status/1323822364455542784?s=20
The special anime "Twilight Wings" EXPANSION ~ Hoshi no Matsuri ~ will be premiered on the official YouTube channel from 23:00 on November 5th (Thursday) tomorrow! Please look forward to the one-episode special animation produced by the production staff of "Twilight Wings" reunited!
Google translation.

And if I didn't know better, I'd think the animators were messing with us by making the seal on the letter look like the Smash Bros. emblem... :unsure:/. :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom