• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview TW08: The Gathering of Stars

Status
Not open for further replies.

SammyW27

Reaction score
There will be a special November 5 for the DLC

1603459038818.png

More details as they become available.

Last edited:
Super excited for this! Twilight Wings was such a great series; totally changed my opinion of the short form web based series Pokemon's been doing recently.

I definitely hope they include elements of the DLC in this. I've especially been having fun with Crown Tundra, so it'd be really cool to see it animated in Twilight Wings' gorgeous style.

More Twilight Wings is always a positive. Heavens better than the Current Anime of course
Imagine comparing a 5-7 minute short that releases once a month with a 20 minute weekly release.

Seriously, you would expect TW to be better since they have more time to work on it. There something wrong if a bunch of shorts isn't able to be better thought out

Imagine comparing a 5-7 minute short that releases once a month with a 20 minute weekly release.

Seriously, you would expect TW to be better since they have more time to work on it. There something wrong if a bunch of shorts isn't able to be better thought out
Yet, the 20 minute weekly release is from a series that has been airing for 23 years, with all the resources that encompass such a feat; you would think, by now, their writing and pacing would be consistently substantial if not better.

I think that is where the ire and comparisons come from, especially since Pocket Monsters and Twilight Wings currently both feature animated takes on Galar.

Twilight Wings is a series that barely focuses on Pokemon, which is why you won't see many kids praise it. Maybe I'd like it if I didn't find the characters boring for the most part, and if the plot didn't amount to "wow, being a trainer is a big deal in Galar!"

Rather than the old unleashed characters Galar Characters have really a significant and unique characteristics.
  • A masked shy boy
  • A wizard granny
  • A poet/singer/captain of a villainous team
  • A stron man who takes selfies regularly
& many more. These cool characters help to reach Twilight Wings heaven.

Twilight Wings is a series that barely focuses on Pokemon, which is why you won't see many kids praise it. Maybe I'd like it if I didn't find the characters boring for the most part, and if the plot didn't amount to "wow, being a trainer is a big deal in Galar!"
We already have stories of trainers in Galar thanks to the games and the main Pokémon Journeys anime. What’s wrong with a new creative take? The plot of Twilight Wings does enough to show that trainers are a big deal in Galar, from the point of view of a non-trainer. It gives us perspectives which we’ve literally never seen before.

I'm going to give any faults a pass since it’s much more creative and a new attempt compared than the thousandth nostalgia grab or bait and switch advertising.

I think that is where the ire and comparisons come from, especially since Pocket Monsters and Twilight Wings currently both feature animated takes on Galar.

Though Pocket Monsters is barely doing anything with Galar...

Them using Darkest Day feels like a sign they're going back random misadventures all over the world (mainly Kanto. (Mostly in Vermillion City))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom