• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review TW08: The Gathering of Stars

All in all, I couldn't help thinking the whole thing was a six-minute commercial for the DLC.

Which is exactly what it is.
"If you want to see/know more, play the games!"

That said, I still enjoyed it. I knew coming it there might not be much to it. But what there was was nice. It's especially great seeing SO many Galar characters animated because Arceus only knows when or if they'll be in the TV Show....

I'm not quite sure what you're referring to. If I remember correctly, it wasn't mentioned in the episode, was it?
Leon says he's former champion

We don't see hide or hair of Yuri or Masaru in this episode, but we do see John, who previously said he wanted to face Leon, soooo...

So what I've got from this is.

Rillaboom hangs with Piers and his Band.

Cinderace is a street performer

And Inteleon is also a Super Model that does Model shoots with Nessa

And nobody gives af about one of the Galar Fossils (which are said to be unholy abominations in constant suffering) being owned by random people on the streets

:wynaut: :wynaut::wynaut::wynaut::wynaut:

Having re-watched this episode like a million times for all the animation and cameo goodness, I really hope the Pokémon Company can get Studio Colorido back for any future (non-mainline) animated series. I was already a fan from their previous works and I've really loved their work on Twilight Wings. :bulbaLove:

For those who have been waiting for the ENG dub, it's finally here!

I totally forgot about the dub for this! Just watched it now, and was as equally impressed as I was with the rest of the series. It was so nice to get a follow up that contained elements of the DLC, and it was a real treat to see all of the elite trainers in one place for the Galarian Star Tournament. TW as a whole did such an amazing job of making Galar feel so real and alive, but it was especially so in this episode. It's just so cool how Pokémon were able to be integrated into everyday life (a good example was Bea enjoying lunch with her friends and Machop) even moreso than the mainline anime. It reminds of the world they built in Detective Pikachu.

If this is the end, what an awesome run TW had. I would absolutely love some more episodes in the future, though. This web series really left quite the impression on me; it's something I can see myself going back and watching through over and over again.

For me this episode was just made to acknowledge the expansion pass ,but I would be happier if it ended after the sky episode . Moreover Twilight wings was such an enjoyable series which focuses on the Galar region natives .

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom