• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

"Tweaking" Glitch

empoleon dynamite

Reaction score
Watch it here

Apperently, bulbapedia says the glitch could be used to get unobtainable legendaries.

Does anyone know if this is true?

Does anyone atualy know the best places to preform the glitch?

Second question's answer is.. Jubilife City. Apparently mashing the left and right buttons or something glitches up the city a bit, and if you could get into the black, just maybe you could get Arceus or something.

Ive been trying in jublife but I still dont have any results. I dont want to get arseus just yet anyway.

I tried to do it. Only thing that happened was that when I went to 204 after atempting it, the trainers were gone and all I see to tell they were there were their shadows (nothing useful for the unobtainables, but it was cool). I might made an invisible wall appear too.

Youtube has proven evidence that you CAN'T get Arceus using Tweaking, but there's still a possibility for Darkrai.

Tweaking is very easy to do in Jubilife City.

A more easily understood set of instructions than what Bulbapedia provides:
1. Get on your bike and put it on the faster gear.
2. Go to the "top" of an area (North); best place is in a city, like Jubilife. Try to make sure there aren't any obstacles in your way
3. Hold down "down" with your right-hand pointer finger, and push "left" and "right" as rapidly as possible with your left-hand thumb.
4. If you get all the way to the bottom of an area without results, simply go back upwards by switching your right-hand pointer finger to "up"

If you tweak all the way South past Jubilife for a while, you can get a black void to appear in the area south of Jubilife to walk in. Under some of the void is grass, so if you attract a wild Pokemon, the void will go away after the battle.

Good luck.

-.-

Save before you start attempting it. Sometimes it'll do nothing but freeze halfway up (or down) Jubilife.

-.-;;

Any interesting successs/horror stories with trying this?

Im not sure if i would keep the darkrai(i wouldnt save...well....PROBLY wouldnt save ;-)) i'd just like to try my hand at catching it.

Also, while watching this video, i came accross a "get to route 224" video, is this route normally inaccessible? Because i keep getting very angered when Pokémon are swarming there, because i could never find the way. I know that seems really silly, maybe i just missed something obvious, but if there is a special technique, can someone please let me know? </off topic>

Where would one try it to get hold of Darkrai?

Last edited:
I wouldn't try it. It could mess up your game. I never dare to try it :p

Oh, boo hoo. A reset will usually solve anything if it crops up, as long as you're not dumb enough to save if you stumble into a trap. It's highly unlikely to happen anyway. Besides, there are always inherient risks for anything, such as Wi-Fi trading. There's a very, very small chance things can go drastically wrong here, but it all boils down to - are you willing to take that risk? If so, then by all means! If not, then go ahead and stay safe. I'd do it if my hands were agile enough.

Although there are some serious risks in some cases, I see little risk of anything permanent in this one. Nobody got anywhere by not taking a few risks. You have to dirty yourself from time to time to succeed. Just make sure you take the necessary precautions (i.e. saving) first.

I did it myself, it was actually very uninteresting. Simply a temporary cosmetic change.

i've seen it get people into normally unreachable points but dunno if you can get the unobtainables....surf glitch ftw

Any interesting successs/horror stories with trying this?

Im not sure if i would keep the darkrai(i wouldnt save...well....PROBLY wouldnt save ;-)) i'd just like to try my hand at catching it.

Also, while watching this video, i came accross a "get to route 224" video, is this route normally inaccessible? Because i keep getting very angered when Pokémon are swarming there, because i could never find the way. I know that seems really silly, maybe i just missed something obvious, but if there is a special technique, can someone please let me know? </off topic>

Where would one try it to get hold of Darkrai?

Prior to defeating the Pokémon League, a pathway within Victory Road was blocked. The door is not longer blocked, and leads to that route. That route is significant because that route evantually leads to Flower Paradise.

Can you only use it to get unobtainables in the Japanese version?

Oh, boo hoo. A reset will usually solve anything if it crops up, as long as you're not dumb enough to save if you stumble into a trap. It's highly unlikely to happen anyway. Besides, there are always inherient risks for anything, such as Wi-Fi trading. There's a very, very small chance things can go drastically wrong here, but it all boils down to - are you willing to take that risk? If so, then by all means! If not, then go ahead and stay safe. I'd do it if my hands were agile enough.

Although there are some serious risks in some cases, I see little risk of anything permanent in this one. Nobody got anywhere by not taking a few risks. You have to dirty yourself from time to time to succeed. Just make sure you take the necessary precautions (i.e. saving) first.

I know this is Off-Topic, but where did you get that Amzing profile picture? Hahahaha XD

I'm currently trying it on diamond to get Darkrai and Shaymin. Plus since I traded all my good Pokemon over to platinum, I don't care if I mess up my game. it just keeps freezing, but I hope I get lucky soon.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom