• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Two May Episode Titles Revealed

PPK

Dora-Pokemon
Reaction score
AG175 ロケット団解散!?それぞれの道!(2006/5/11)
AG176 タッグバトルでニビジムを守れ!! (2006/5/18)

Source: Pokeani

literally the titles are:

AG 175 Team Rocket Disbands!? Respective Roads!
AG 176 Defending Pewter Gym in Tag Battle!!

anyone can offer better translations.

Last edited:
............................wha....wha.....Team Rocket, disbanding............

I guess the writers wanted to change it up for the next season, but still.

And Pewter Gym......It feels weird too have Tr leaving...

AG 175 Team Rocket Disbands!? Respective Roads!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No way - they wouldn't write out JJ&M, would they?? There hasn't even been a TR subplot this season! Now I'm worried... Misty leaving was bad enough. :(

The Pewter gym episode sounds interesting, though. But I doubt I'll enjoy it if my poor TR get booted off the show. *cries*

A) O__________O
B) Doesn't this seem awfully like the closing of the saga? To be back at Pewter City means that the crew are days away from Pallet Town and once again, able to leave Brock behind for a bit before either meeting up with him again later or leaving him out of the picture for the next region all together.

Although.... How exactly do you end up in D/P region by the end of May/start of June when the games don't even have a release date?

Unless Gamefreak are about to throw at us a metric shitload of news and have D/P out in a matter of 2-3 months (And remembering the timeframe between announcing Fr/Lg's existence and it actually being released, it's not that unlikely) we must be looking at more fillers of some description. Maybe even a couple of months of Ash searching out Wallace or Steven etc.

Or maybe even, OMGOSH, A PLOT! :O.

Wow! Now those are two titles to be excited about! I think the Team Rocket (AG175) one might be related another upcoming episode (AG173). Perhaps the disbandment is Harley leaves the Jessie/James/Meowth group? Thats my assumption.

Hopefully the upcoming Brock episode will relate to the first Chronicles/Side Story special when Brock goes back to Pewter Gym.

TR (the whole group) should've disbanded long ago. By GB terms, they've disbanded twice. Once after the main char in R/B/Y beats Giovanni for the 3rd time, and the main char from G/S/C beats the male Rocket Executive.

Oh boy, is my face red. "May" the character and "May" the month are two different things!

There has to be more to this disbanning. You just don't have these characters that have been around for 400+ episodes disban in 1. This is Pokemon we're talking about. Maybe it's a transformer episode: "Filler in Disguise."

The Pewter Gym episode has perked my interest. I want to know what's attack, who's defending, and what the following defending will include and result in. Save Pewter!

Team Rocket is in the 9th movie, which airs after that episode. So I don't think they're going anywhere.

The Pewter Gym episode sounds great! Tag match for defending the Gym?

I hope this means it's Brock and Jiroo Vs. Ash and May, that would be incredible! To see the two brother Gym leaders joining together to battle Ash/May for whatever reason would be really cool!

I have a feling the TR episode goes like this:

--Jessie and James get annoyed with each other, and decide to split "for good"
--halfway through the episode, they realize how much they miss each other
--they reunite just in time to be thrashed by Ash and co. again
--they gush about how much they supposed missed each other during their ten minute time apart.
--Game Set, The End, Next episode

B) Doesn't this seem awfully like the closing of the saga? To be back at Pewter City means that the crew are days away from Pallet Town and once again, able to leave Brock behind for a bit before either meeting up with him again later or leaving him out of the picture for the next region all together.

That isn't possible. Ash has not faced the Battle Pyramid yet, although if I remember, it's close to Pewter. May isn't done, either, that is if there indeed is a Grand Festival in the Kanto region. There's still a lot to do, but I know your concern. With this saga so close to finishing and still no sign of D/P, it may be that there will be another, albeit small, saga after this one before we go to whatever region D/P is in.

Yeah I was preparing for a team rocket split or addition to the group cos it seems to be getting boring to me. Unles it's just temporary and the regroup in the same episode.

Scott's right, the 9th movie tells us that this "disbanding" is temporary if anything. TK could also be right - it could be the long overdue disbanding of the big Team Rocket - though one questions how JJM's goals will respond to that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Team Rocket's Disbandment!?

Pleeease let this have long-lasting effects and not just a character-devolping filler...

Yes! Return to Pewter Gym in the main series! Pie will be happy, for sure. :D

Come to think of it, I don't remember a single TR image from the ninth movie. But I'm probably just forgetting something. o.o

Pretty sure the first is a filler with a temporary disbanding. If JJ&M disbands, it would definitely happen after the Pyramid and the Grand Festival and whatnot. If the whole organization disbanded, it would be a much bigger event than for just one episode.

With that being said...

Second episode: YES! Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes! I'm so happy. In fact, I'm downright giddy! Woo!

There's so many cool combinations you could have for the tag battle - I mean you've got Brock, Forrest, Flint and Lola all as potential defenders for the Pewter Gym. The other side is probably Ash and May, which heavily favors a loss for the Pewter Gym (T_T), but given that it says 'defending', there's a good chance it could be Jessie and James - assuming they're still together after the previous episode - or two characters du jour who really don't like the Pewter Gym for some reason.

Oh man, no matter what, this is gonna be such a cool episode. Ever have one of those days where it feels like the writers just plain love you?

Titles can be misleading. The fact that there's a question mark and exclamation point means that it may just be that they come close but then stay together. Other titles like those at the end of Johto were saying that they'd be gone, but they ended up grouping together again (partially). They most likely will stay together since they've been here since pretty much the begining, but then again they got rid of Misty.

Seeing how the 9th movie footage proves that the separation of Jessie, James and Meowth is only temporary, then I can say that 175 has potential to be an excellent episode. Many Rocket-focused episodes are excellent and have become fan favorites (Holy Matrimony, Go West Young Meowth, Meowth Rules, A Poached ego... the list goes on). We can assume that Jessie, James and Meowth argue like the infantile dorks they are, go their separate ways, and then after like, ten minutes, will realize that they're symbiotic beings so they really couldn't live without one another. Cue tearful, gushy, hug-filled reunion. Something like that. Either way, it will be a character-driven episode with a feel-good ending, emphasising JJ&M's unbreakable bond of friendship. Something utterly fluffy like that. The Rocket fans will love it.

Unless it'll really be a permanent break up, but I doubt it. The title is a red herring, just like the title for the episode where Pikachu gets amnesia and joins Team Rocket for five seconds.

The second episode sounds great. It'd be really nice to see Forest and the rest of Brock's family again. Also, Ludiculo and Crobat must appear or I'll be disappointed.

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom