• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Two more episode titles (SPOILERS)

I'm really surprised that they're bringing Harley back so soon. In a good way, of course. ;) It looks as though they might be making him more important this season than he was in Hoenn. And I think there's a good possibility of Drew being in this episode - it's not like him to skip a nearby contest. Unless he'd already got a ribbon from it, but that would suggest that Saffron holds a contest once a week or something - it only takes May two(?) episodes to get from wherever the Arcanine ep takes place to Saffron, so presumably it would take Drew the same amount of time to make the same journey in reverse.

And Harley is confirmed to be gay by his personality. :p

Jo-Jo said:
And Harley is confirmed to be gay by his personality. :p

Does the personality ever involve affections for another man?

...although Harley's such a massive narcissist, I think he may be gay by default simply because he's so in love with himself.

It's not taken them too long to get to Saffron has it, although I'm suprised the contest has come after Ash's frontier battle, usually May's contests come before Ash's gym fights.

Aren't they usually in different places? And which episode is the Battle Arena in?

Blackjack Gabbiani said:
Does the personality ever involve affections for another man?
Not in real life. But in anime, yeah, I'd say so. Considering that Harley is what you get when you take every gay stereotype known to man and distill them into their purest form. :p

...although Harley's such a massive narcissist, I think he may be gay by default simply because he's so in love with himself.
XD

Gay stereotype =/= gay. Until he actually does something directly denoting an attraction to men (like flirting with one or slapping one on the butt) or says straight out something like "I want to jump into bed with that guy over there", he is not confirmed as gay.

OK, not 'confirmed' in the sense of the character or the writers saying so out loud, but it's still made clear by the way he behaves. The anime is not real life, we know that writers use stereotypes to convey certain things, and Harley acts in a typically 'gay' manner.

Not to mention he uses feminine honorifics or whatever that's called when he refers to himself.

I remember Harley looking at Kojiro-Senri in an "I'm attracted to him" manner.

HURRAY, I <3 HARLEY!

Argy said:
I remember Harley looking at Kojiro-Senri in an "I'm attracted to him" manner.
Hehe, Really? When was that?

Gay. Not Gay. As long as the dub doesn't turn him into a woman, then I'm fine and dandy. I hope they keep his name too. It just suits him :).

Sometime during the Grand Festival.

I remember that - didn't interpret it as shippy at the time, but doubtless from now on I always will. XD OMG, James has Cacnea and Harley has Cacturne - SOULMATES!!!1

How long have people been using the sterotype argument to try and show James is gay?? It's still not convincing. I'm with Pie, until Harry actully expresses attraction to another man in an obvious way, I'm assuming he's not gay.

Which part of the Grand Festival episodes did Harry give Kojiro this look?? I'll have to check it out later.

I too hope he doesn't get turned into a girl ><. That would suck.

iluvu.jpg

"Ah... that person is..."

Later, when talking to Haruka and Shuu, Harley gets excited and hold's up "Senri's" autograph and refers to him as "Senri-sama." When he finds out that Senri is Haruka's father, we get the infamous "Harley totemo surprise!" line (he also has a rather displeased look on his face).

I'm not saying that this proves anything; afterall, Senri does have legions of fans.

He really looks like a girl in that pic. Although I'd be dissapointed if his gender changes I wouldn't be too surprised.

A long-anticipated reunion

nYoo said:
I hope so, too, that they will meet Natsume again :O
Sabrina nothing! I'm looking forward to them meeting Haunter again.

Please note: The thread is from 19 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom