• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Two new episode titles

PPK

Dora-Pokemon
Reaction score
See attached pic scan.
DP26 & DP27, along with other unknown content, will be aired as a TWO-hour special on April 5.
The titles are:
DP26 ポケモンコンテスト!ソノオ大会!!(Pokemon Contest! Sonou Conference!!)
DP27 決戦!ポッチャマVSポッタイシ!!(Deciding Match! Piplup VS Pottaishi!!)

These two episodes are about the Pokemon contest.

UPDATED NEWS:

There'll be another 1-hour special on April 12!! this has been confirmed at the end of today's show.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Following are the summaries (DP23~DP26) and info given in the scan.

Mar 15 - DP23 Roaring Steelix! Protect the Bidoof Village!!

In a forest, Ash & co meet an injured 'Round Mouse Pokemon' Bidoof. They decide to send it back to its home when Team Rocket appear...

Mar 22 - No airing

Mar 29 --One-hour Special (including DP24&25)

- DP 24 Showdown! Satoshi and Pikachu!?

Ash & co receive a request from a woman who wants to borrow Pikachu. She's in trouble because her own Pikachu, who helped make cakes in her cake store, suddenly dissapeared.

- DP25 The Gifted Roserade and the Flower Legend!

Ash & co arrive at Sonou Town. They hear that a class has been opened in the town which teaches how to make the 'Pokemon snack', Pofin. They try to make their first Pofins, however...

(So this is a Pofin episode)

Apr 05 --Two-hour Special (including DP26&27&other)

- DP 26 Pokemon Contest! Sonou Conference!!

Hikari meets her childhood friend Kengo when she's having a special training for the Pokemon Contest. She wants to battle Kengo, however Kengo turns down her request and asks Ash to have a battle instead.

(I guess this boy named Kengo is the boy with yellow hair in the games)

- DP 27 Deciding Match! Piplup VS Pottaishi!!

(No summary on this episode is given)

Apr 12 --One-hour Special (unknown content)

Last edited:
I guess that isn't Natane's Roserade...

Anyway, 2 hours? What will the rest be?

EDIT: Ah, see you found the scan also.

*deletes thread about it*

Last edited:
summaries done.

i dunno abt the rest content...it's not clearly written in the scan pic

YES! If the blond haired rival is in the anime . . I will be so happy. So we're going to have a Hikari/Nozomi/Kengo rivalry?

I hope so . . the blond boy is really cute.

Holy crap, they finally decided to do a little "childhood friend" thing in the show?

Yaaaaaaay~

- DP 24 Showdown! Satoshi and Pikachu!?

Ash & co receive a request from a woman who wants to borrow Pikachu. She's in trouble because her own Pikachu, who helped make cakes in her cake store, suddenly dissapeared.

A cakemaking... Pikachu?
*snicker*

Surfing, cakemaking, flying - Pikachu can do anything.

Hey guys...
believe it or not, there'll be another 1-hour special on April 12!!
this has been confirmed at the end of today's show.

A Pikachu that makes cakes? :/ The writers may be scraping the bottom of the barrel there. At least there's still the Ash vs Pikachu part to look forward to.

Awesome, Hikari has to battle her childhood friend. (The first Hikari/Kengo fanfic will be born in five... four... three...) I wonder if Kengo will be a recurring rival? He wasn't in the intro, but that might not mean anything.

For some reason, I want to see Nozomi get jealous of him. :D

Hmm...the Pika ep has my interest, and so does what appears to be the first two-part Contest ep for our heroine. Can she defeat Piplup's evo? She needs to win now, this is looking rather embarrassing next to when May won her first contest.

It would make sense for a second rival to appear in the second contest. Hikari is 99% likely to get the ribbon but May beat Harley in his first episode so the writers could create a rivalry where Hikari has the first win.

March 15th - So I'm guessing Steelix is the terrorist of the Bidoof village, then, though the fact that it was left out of the summary does make it vague. We need to see more friendly Steelix. I raised one in the games and she was a sweetheart. :<

March 29th - Cooking much? One for Pikacakes, one for Pofins... the writers must've been hungry. (Me, I'm just crossing my fingers for at least one good scene of the incredible cooking Brock.)

April 5th - Blah blah plot. Hi, Kengo. I'm more interested in that hour-long special... wonder what it'll be about? Is that what's gonna be hosted by Misty - and will she be accompanied by Brock, a la Hoso? Or maybe they'll change the style now that May and Max are off the series? Though that didn't really make 'em make Tracey a host before... but one might argue that May and Max are more deserving than Tracey. Guess we'll have to wait and see. I can't wait until we know what the content will be, though...

She needs to win now, this is looking rather embarrassing next to when May won her first contest.
1) May lost her first contest.
2) May was doing pretty pathetically battle-wise at this point in AG.

Giving Hikari a little slow of a start could be good for her character development.

cue Kengo/Hikari shipping! Maybe IT will be the new Contestshipping.

O_O, how many specials are we going to have in DP? You know they're probably only doing these things so that they can have more breaks later on. At this rate we'll end up with like 3 or 4 weeks of no episodes at all.

FabuVinny said:

Giving Hikari a little slow of a start could be good for her character development.
I agree. Some people were accusing Hikari of Mary-Suedom for doing better in her first contest than May did in hers. Having her lose two contests before finally earning her first ribbon ought to debunk that notion.

Rocketshipper said:
cue Kengo/Hikari shipping! Maybe IT will be the new Contestshipping.
:/ I wish Contestshipping could be left as the only Contestshipping. XD

At least we haven't had a 'childhood friends' pairing yet. Well, technically most of the characters made friends when they were children, but you know what I mean.

Last edited:

I didn't say she won her first contest, I know she didn't, she won her second contest, and yes, it did occur much later in the region than this one is. At least the second contest Hikari was in was not for a ribbon.

All these one-hour specials are driving me crazy. :eek:

Well, those who guessed we're going into filler land were right. Natane doesn't own the Roserade, and a cake-making Pikachu? Uh...

Nice to hear about Hikari next Contest though, indeed as a 2-parter. She'll probably win it.

Only three episodes between today's Contest with the next official one? Wow.

Really can't wait to see what Kengo looks like, if he really is the rival from the gaems.

Or maybe they'll change the style now that May and Max are off the series? Though that didn't really make 'em make Tracey a host before... but one might argue that May and Max are more deserving than Tracey. Guess we'll have to wait and see. I can't wait until we know what the content will be, though...

Uh...Tracey lasted a grand total of 36 episodes and was unpopular as a character.

May was the main female character of AG, lasted for 191 episodes and 4 movies, played a bigger role than Misty did, and was one of the most popular characters in the series.

Whether she hosts it or not I don't really care, but only an idiot, (if someone says this) would say she's not worthy to host something.

I suppose it depends if her voice actor is free or not.

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom