• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

News Two new moves discovered in the game's RAM dump - related to Zygarde?

Zeb

what is your spaghetti policy here?
Reaction score
Thousand Waves: Ground, Base Power 90, 100 Accuracy, Physical Attack. The user attacks with a wave that crawls along the ground. Those hit can't flee from battle.

Thousand Arrows: Ground, Base Power 90, 100 Accuracy, Physical Attack. This move also hits opposing Pokémon that are in the air. Those Pokémon are knocked down to the ground.

Something to note: Land's Wrath is also a Ground type physical attack with 90 base power. Could these be the signature moves of Zygarde's form (or forms)? Seems pretty likely to me.

The effects of the moves do sound like they will be really good moves too (except their names are a bit... strange).

Thousand Arrows - AttackDex - Serebii.net
Thousand Waves - AttackDex - Serebii.net

thousandmoves_zpsc283faa8.png

[video=youtube;xshtQTWooww]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xshtQTWooww[/video]

Last edited:
Thousand Arrows: Ground, Base Power 90, 100 Accuracy, Physical Attack. This move also hits opposing Pokémon that are in the air. Those Pokémon are knocked down to the ground.

So a ground-type move that can hit flying-types? Or just pokemon with Levitate or holding an Air Balloon?

Seems like they could possibly be moves for Zygarde, perhaps for the third Kalos game( or released on an event Zygarde later)

Didn't think about an event Zygarde; that might end up being the case. I do think they are most definitely related to Zygarde.

So a ground-type move that can hit flying-types? Or just pokemon with Levitate or holding an Air Balloon?

Sounds like it hits all of Flying, Levitators and Balloon holders. Basically a Ground type attack with no immunities.

A third event move has been discovered, called Hold Hands.
No idea what it does, maybe a Splash Clone.
It only works in doubles, and an ally is targeted.

Yeah Zygarde may have just found its way into the Uber tier. Cool find @Zeb
why do you say this? At best, if Thousand Waves is a trapping move he may move up to OU, but his stats wouldn't really support that. Not sure thousand arrows would even be worth using.

why do you say this? At best, if Thousand Waves is a trapping move he may move up to OU, but his stats wouldn't really support that. Not sure thousand arrows would even be worth using.

Thousand Arrows would negate an entire types Immunity. People would carry Zygarde on their team just for the purpose of easily defeating an opponent's Talonflame, Charizard-Y, Pokemon with Levitate, or a Pokemon holding an Air Balloon.

Thousand Arrows would negate an entire types Immunity. People would carry Zygarde on their team just for the purpose of easily defeating an opponent's Talonflame, Charizard-Y, Pokemon with Levitate, or a Pokemon holding an Air Balloon.

I imagine it would work more like mold breaker than completely canceling it, even after switching out.

I imagine it would work more like mold breaker than completely canceling it, even after switching out.

Most like Smack Down, but broken.

More than likely, Zygarde will be getting the Kyurem treatment and have new forms or Mega Evolutions and a stat increase to go along with them. Zygarde's current BST will most likely not be an issue.

I'm trying to think of who this would affect most. Rotom Wash, to a degree, Thundurus (both), Gengar and Ho-oh would affected, is there anything else significant I'm missing? I really don't see this as super game breaking.

hard to theorymon on new forms without knowing anything bout them, so I think talking about them really doesn't help.

Definitely Pokémon Z version. If they make Pokémon X2Y2, I will suck my toy horse.

I'm trying to think of who this would affect most. Rotom Wash, to a degree, Thundurus (both), Gengar and Ho-oh would affected, is there anything else significant I'm missing? I really don't see this as super game breaking.

hard to theorymon on new forms without knowing anything bout them, so I think talking about them really doesn't help.

Zapdos, Moltres, Crobat etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see how these games necessarily mean a third version over a sequel (or even something new)--simply suggests Zygarde (being the best candidate for these moves) is going to get a bit more relevance in a new game.

I'm going to assume that the strange names are related to whatever myth ties to the legendary that uses these moves.

Zapdos, Moltres, Crobat etc.
even out of these, only zapdos would be used in the same tier as a boosted Zygarde.

Definitely looks like Zygarde related moves. In Generation 5, Kyurem had new signature moves in the sequels due to new forms, so I think those new moves would be similar in that way. As for whether this will be related to a third game or sequels, idk..

Definitely seems like a Kyurem scenario. Most likely Land's Wrath will change into one of the moves depending on what Mega Stone it's holding. I wonder if he'll get features from the either Xerneas or Yveltal when Mega evolving.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom