• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

News Two new moves discovered in the game's RAM dump - related to Zygarde?

The Lati Twins, Charizard Y, Talonflame, etc. Basically anything with a subtype weak to ground. And believe it or not that is a lot of Pokemon.

EDIT: Forgot some of the most common Air Balloon Pokemon. Heatran and Excadrill. Basically a Zygarde running both Earthquake and Thousand Arrows is going to be one of the scariest Pokemon in the game.

Depending on the New Zygarde's stats and move tutor availability, I don't see why it would run both at the expense of another move.

Zygarde also doesn't learn much outside of Outrage and Extremespeed. I don't think there will be many Tutor moves that could help Zygarde out.
Dragon Dance, Dragon Tail, Stone Edge, Coil. Coil is actually really good on him. There's no real reason he would have both move and there's no real reason why you couldn't switch out after he used the move. I can maybe see it getting him more use, especially if he has new formes (which we have zero evidence of anyways) but Uber is a stretch.

Dragon Dance, Dragon Tail, Stone Edge, Coil. Coil is actually really good on him. There's no real reason he would have both move and there's no real reason why you couldn't switch out after he used the move. I can maybe see it getting him more use, especially if he has new formes (which we have zero evidence of anyways) but Uber is a stretch.

I also don't see the point in using Thousand Arrow's if you don't have to. I'm assuming it'll start out at 10 PP like Land's Wrath does.

Xerneas has earth traits and Yveltal has sky traits. Thousands Waves’ effect is targeted to Pokémon on the ground and Thousand Arrows’ effect is targeted to Pokémon in midair.

Was just about to mention this. Waves is very much X-axis (crawls along the ground) and Arrows is Y-axis (hits Pokemon in the air). There is a link between the moves effects and Xerneas/Yveltal.

I just hope that the forme change is done similar to Giratina instead of like Kyurem.

As this gen is all about plugging Mega Evos it will likely be a Mega Evo. Xerneas and Yveltal have 680 BST, Zygarde has only 600, a 100 mega boost brings him up to 700 which would allow him to easily deal with the previous 2. Especially this arrows one taking down Yveltal and putting it in its place.

The only Mega Evolutions we've had have been of previous-gen Pokemon, and I'd wager that's so they can market those old Pokemon as still being as fresh and interesting as the new ones. Even if Zygarde gets a new Forme - which is possible, even plausible - I doubt it'd be a Mega Evolution, since Zygarde is a new Pokemon as it is.

Darn it and just when I thought it was going to to be one game, ether way
Zygarde used thousand arrows 10 times
It's over 9000!!!!arrows

The only Mega Evolutions we've had have been of previous-gen Pokemon, and I'd wager that's so they can market those old Pokemon as still being as fresh and interesting as the new ones. Even if Zygarde gets a new Forme - which is possible, even plausible - I doubt it'd be a Mega Evolution, since Zygarde is a new Pokemon as it is.

Aside from remakes, new games tend to focus more on current-generation Pokemon. If you think Zygarde is good enough to come back to with a new form, I don't see why it wouldn't be given a Mega Evolution. I understand not giving Mega Evolutions to new Pokemon at the start of a generation, but to an existing Pokemon that you're going to revisit and promote? I don't see why not.

Darn it and just when I thought it was going to to be one game, ether way
Zygarde used thousand arrows 10 times
It's over 9000!!!!arrows

It could still be a single game. Emerald got around the "two-version" set up for Latios and Latias by actually forcing you to choose which one would appear. B2W2 also had the Memory Link feature. For all we know, a new game could use a similar feature to choose what Mega Stone is given, and if it is not linked to an old game, it would be randomly generated.

It could still be a single game. Emerald got around the "two-version" set up for Latios and Latias by actually forcing you to choose which one would appear. B2W2 also had the Memory Link feature. For all we know, a new game could use a similar feature to choose what Mega Stone is given, and if it is not linked to an old game, it would be randomly generated.

Maybe choosing blue or red button at Flare HQ would result in receiving respective Stone.

Note: eerytime I say the term "Uber" is uin reference to the "Uber" tier, defined by Smogon and/or PO.

Depends of the future forms of Zygarde, but the form that learns the first move (or even Zygarde) is going to be in Ubers and a top tier threat at that. A move that is a Arena Trap.

This moves explain why Zygarde, event though it's not a event pokemon and has 600 BST is banned from offiucial tournaments. (Lati@s, Heatran, Cresselia and Landorus are allowed to use in Nintendo tournaments).

The two of them seems to be "broken" but the first one actually makes Zygarde "Uber" even with 600 BST. A move that traps his opponent like Spider Web is too huge to handle. About the second one, it's huge to have a move that hits fliers like if Gravity were up.

Well, I'm gonna guess since there are two, it'll be two Zygarde formes/Mega Evolutions.

On the topic of these, they sound actually pretty cool. If a ME is what Garde shall receive (likely a hefty 100BST boost) then these moves shall be OP.

The Lati Twins, Charizard Y, Talonflame, etc. Basically anything with a subtype weak to ground. And believe it or not that is a lot of Pokemon.

EDIT: Forgot some of the most common Air Balloon Pokemon. Heatran and Excadrill. Basically a Zygarde running both Earthquake and Thousand Arrows is going to be one of the scariest Pokemon in the game.

The Lati twins aren't weak to Ground.

Nah, they wouldn't leave such a crucial in game decision up to luck. It would either be determined by which copy of XY you link up with (either through Memory Link or by trading Xerneas or Yveltal over) or by choice (I like @shiny_magikarp's idea where it's based off which button you hit in Flare HQ).

Okay, this is wickedly cool. I'm really hoping that we see a Mega Evolution for Zygarde in order to gain access to these moves, as I'd love to see a third game--or pair of sequels, I ain't picky--utilizing more Megas than we got in the current games.

This makes me want to go out and catch mine, just to be good and ready.

If it is a Mega Evolution, I hope other Gen VI Pokemon get them as well. Zygarde being the only Kalos Pokemon with a Mega Evolution is way too gimmicky.

Everything depends on whether Zygarde does get new formes. Right now it is still too slow to even abuse those moves.

[video=youtube;xshtQTWooww]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xshtQTWooww[/video]

The move animations pretty much confirm they are related to Zygarde (if there was any doubt). Both attacks incorporate Zygarde's hexagon scales in their animations.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom