• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

News Two new moves discovered in the game's RAM dump - related to Zygarde?

Now that we know that, I just hope we doesn't have another B2W2 scenario ahead of us, or another third version. As long as the games takes place on the same map as XY, it's just going to feel like an upgraded version IMO. I really hope they can do something completely different this time around.

Tee hee hee time to say something unpopular! Wheeeee!
I think JPR's video commenting on these moves with sum up what I think.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYsXZqUCjww&index=2&list=LLtXPQExvFvDQ5_nL9i1rMbQ

So I do indeed strongly think that the third Kalos game will not be Pokemon Z as the hype is all about, this thrown in with my theory that (contains X and Y spoilers)
there is no way that Lysandre's fate is the same in X (no way he can die) but in Y there is a chance he does die.
The games' storyline are too diverse here.
To me I loved BW2 instead of a Pokemon Gray, as some people may skip the third game if it is a pimped up version of the first. Not me though, I love Emerald and Platinum.

But the rumors of Zygarde getting two megas as version differences really does make sense in this case with two moves that have the same power but different effects. But the arrow one sounds like a good counter for Yveltal which could link in with other theories, and the Lysandre one that Zygarde's role in the next game will be huge, maybe a Giratina sort of scenario will occur?

On one hand this at least pushes some suspicions that we're likely getting another duo of games in the right direction, but I still hold the opinion that we're not going to Kalos next time round, so its still back to ground zero. :/

[video=youtube;xshtQTWooww]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xshtQTWooww[/video]

The move animations pretty much confirm they are related to Zygarde (if there was any doubt). Both attacks incorporate Zygarde's hexagon scales in their animations.
Well I didn't dought that it was Zygardes moves. But Sweet!!!! I love T Arrows!

Yeah... those 2 "Thousand" moves are definitely linked to Zygarde. Looking at their animations, they both have that hexagonal pattern that appears all over Zygarde's body. Maybe they'll be moves each exclusive to some forme of it... at this point, nothing would surprise me.

Heheh... Hyperspace Hole. I was almost expecting it to do a Star Wars lightspeed warp charge, not sink into the ground like a ghost-type move...

Note: eerytime I say the term "Uber" is uin reference to the "Uber" tier, defined by Smogon and/or PO.

Depends of the future forms of Zygarde, but the form that learns the first move (or even Zygarde) is going to be in Ubers and a top tier threat at that. A move that is a Arena Trap.

This moves explain why Zygarde, event though it's not a event pokemon and has 600 BST is banned from offiucial tournaments. (Lati@s, Heatran, Cresselia and Landorus are allowed to use in Nintendo tournaments).

The two of them seems to be "broken" but the first one actually makes Zygarde "Uber" even with 600 BST. A move that traps his opponent like Spider Web is too huge to handle. About the second one, it's huge to have a move that hits fliers like if Gravity were up.

I think you're overestimating Thousand Waves. It doesn't auto-trap; you have to fire the move first. If you don't want to be trapped, than you switch.

This is the core difference as to why Shadow Tag is deadly compared to Spider Web/Block/Mean Look. The former doesn't give your opponent a choice while the latter and Thousand Waves does.

Note: eerytime I say the term "Uber" is uin reference to the "Uber" tier, defined by Smogon and/or PO.

Depends of the future forms of Zygarde, but the form that learns the first move (or even Zygarde) is going to be in Ubers and a top tier threat at that. A move that is a Arena Trap.

This moves explain why Zygarde, event though it's not a event pokemon and has 600 BST is banned from offiucial tournaments. (Lati@s, Heatran, Cresselia and Landorus are allowed to use in Nintendo tournaments).

The two of them seems to be "broken" but the first one actually makes Zygarde "Uber" even with 600 BST. A move that traps his opponent like Spider Web is too huge to handle. About the second one, it's huge to have a move that hits fliers like if Gravity were up.

I think you're overestimating Thousand Waves. It doesn't auto-trap; you have to fire the move first. If you don't want to be trapped, than you switch.

This is the core difference as to why Shadow Tag is deadly compared to Spider Web/Block/Mean Look. The former doesn't give your opponent a choice while the latter and Thousand Waves does.

Then they risk trapping their switch in while you can actively switch for a counter....

Then they risk trapping their switch in while you can actively switch for a counter....

Is it confirmed that the target is still trapped even if Zygarde switches?

It seems unlikely given that Shadow Tag and all the move variations aren't in effect if the user switches.

If these two are going to be Zygarde's signature moves, that means it'll have THREE signature moves. The only other pokemon with that is Vespiquen and its order attacks. The names soundy really cheesy. "Thousand Arrows" is reasonable, but "Thousand Waves" is just silly.

Kyurem also has three signature moves, glaciate, freeze shock and ice burn. About the thousands things, arceus also bult the universe with its thousands arms. Maybe these thousands have something to do with arceus arms? I can see the circle of life trio being related to arceus on pokemon Z/sequels. Maybe the terminus cave is a place in wich dialga/palkia and giratina used to apear to learn from zygard how circle of life is going? I think gen IV legendaries will be catchable on gen VI, since gen IV games are rather old. They might be catchable on pokemon Z/ sequels.

Maybe the terminus cave is a place in wich dialga/palkia and giratina used to apear to learn from zygard how circle of life is going?
I just couldn't help but think of the informal conversations the creation trio and XYZ trio would have as old friends hanging out in the way you described...
Dialga: Duuuuuude, how's the circle of life goin'?
Zygarde: Yeah, it's okay right now. That idiot Yveltal almost awoke.
Palkia: That's cool.
Xerneas: So, what's up with you guys?
Dialga: Celebi keeps going back in time and screwing stuff up. I told him NOT to, but he just doesn't listen. Then I have to go back and fix everything.
Zygarde: And how about you, Giratina? You haven't said anything.
Giratina: Well, Dad banished me and sent me to the Distortion World, just cuz I was messin' around a bit! We got into a big argument, and I obviously WON it, so he got mad. But this guy named Lucas got me out.

Anyway, concerning the rest of your post...
I think gen IV legendaries will be catchable on gen VI

Yes, this is possible, as the Weather trio was available in Gen IV.

Last edited:
Interesting. I have a feeling that this'll be similar to Kyurem, although I don't think you'll like, fuse anything or whatever lol. I think 1,000 Waves is linked to Xernes, and 1,000 Arrows is linked to Yveltal. I think maybe in the third version, or the sequels, or the whatever will be this event in-game, that maybe there'll be this place where you bring Zygarde and Yveltal/Xerneas, and it'll 'cause some energy reaction or whatever and make Zygarde learn 1,000 Arrows/Waves, respectively, ya know?

I think maybe in the third version, or the sequels, or the whatever will be this event in-game, that maybe there'll be this place where you bring Zygarde and Yveltal/Xerneas, and it'll 'cause some energy reaction or whatever and make Zygarde learn 1,000 Arrows/Waves, respectively, ya know?

This seems about right. Now, since there could either be two "third" versions, or just one third version, there's some main ways I think this would work. I also include the possibilities of the moves not being related to Xerneas and Yveltal (ex. new forms, mega evos, etc.)

1. One third version
    • (a) Only Zygarde is available in the game. For him to learn those moves, Xerneas/Yveltal must be transferred from X/Y.
      • (i) Zygarde can potentially learn both moves if both are transferred.
      • (ii) Zygarde can only learn one of the moves. Once one is learned, the second cannot be learned till the first is removed.
    • (b) Zygarde and ONE of the Xerneas/Yveltal are available.
      • (i) The game randomly selects which of the two others is available.
      • (ii) The game allows you to choose which of the two you want to capture, and only that one is available.
    • (c) All three are available in the game
      • (i) Although you can catch both Xerneas/Yvetal, Zygarde can only be taught one of the two moves.
      • (ii) (Unlikely, imo, but possible) Zygarde is able to learn both signature moves once the other two are caught.
    • (d) Xerneas/Yveltal have no relation to these two moves.
      • (i) The player chooses which of the moves Zygarde gets.
      • (ii) The game randomly selects which move Zygarde gets.
      • (iii) (Unlikely, imo, but possible) Zygarde is able to learn both signature moves anyway.
  2. Two "third" versions
    • (a) Xerneas is only available in one game, while Yveltal in the other. The move Zygarde gets depends on the version.
    • (b) Only Zygarde is available in both games.
      • (i) Xerneas/Yveltal must be transferred from X/Y. However, each only allow Zygarde to learn one of the moves, depending on version.
      • (ii) Zygarde can learn both moves in each game if both are transferred.
    • (c) All three are available in both games.
      • (i) Although all three are available, each game will allow Zygarde to only learn one of the moves.
      • (ii) (Unlikely, imo, but possible) Zygarde is able to learn both signature moves, if both others are caught.
      • (i) Regardless of Xerneas/Yveltal, each version allows Zygarde to obtain one of the moves.
      • (ii) The player chooses which of the moves Zygarde gets.
      • (iii) The game randomly selects which move Zygarde gets.
      • (iv) (Unlikely, imo, but possible) Zygarde is able to learn both signature moves anyway.

(I may have missed some possibilities.)

Last edited:
First is bleh. Second will be crazy if it breaks immunity. Could just be for the likes of bounce on Greninja etc ;o.

Last edited:
I think maybe in the third version, or the sequels, or the whatever will be this event in-game, that maybe there'll be this place where you bring Zygarde and Yveltal/Xerneas, and it'll 'cause some energy reaction or whatever and make Zygarde learn 1,000 Arrows/Waves, respectively, ya know?

This seems about right. Now, since there could either be two "third" versions, or just one third version, there's some main ways I think this would work. I also include the possibilities of the moves not being related to Xerneas and Yveltal (ex. new forms, mega evos, etc.)

1. One third version
    • (a) Only Zygarde is available in the game. For him to learn those moves, Xerneas/Yveltal must be transferred from X/Y.
      • (i) Zygarde can potentially learn both moves if both are transferred.
      • (ii) Zygarde can only learn one of the moves. Once one is learned, the second cannot be learned till the first is removed.
    • (b) Zygarde and ONE of the Xerneas/Yveltal are available.
      • (i) The game randomly selects which of the two others is available.
      • (ii) The game allows you to choose which of the two you want to capture, and only that one is available.
    • (c) All three are available in the game
      • (i) Although you can catch both Xerneas/Yvetal, Zygarde can only be taught one of the two moves.
      • (ii) (Unlikely, imo, but possible) Zygarde is able to learn both signature moves once the other two are caught.
      • (i) The player chooses which of the moves Zygarde gets.
      • (ii) The game randomly selects which move Zygarde gets.
      • (iii) (Unlikely, imo, but possible) Zygarde is able to learn both signature moves anyway.
  2. Two "third" versions
    • (a) Xerneas is only available in one game, while Yveltal in the other. The move Zygarde gets depends on the version.
    • (b) Only Zygarde is available in both games.
      • (i) Xerneas/Yveltal must be transferred from X/Y. However, each only allow Zygarde to learn one of the moves, depending on version.
      • (ii) Zygarde can learn both moves in each game if both are transferred.
    • (c) All three are available in both games.
      • (i) Although all three are available, each game will allow Zygarde to only learn one of the moves.
      • (ii) (Unlikely, imo, but possible) Zygarde is able to learn both signature moves, if both others are caught.
      • (i) Regardless of Xerneas/Yveltal, each version allows Zygarde to obtain one of the moves.
      • (ii) The player chooses which of the moves Zygarde gets.
      • (iii) The game randomly selects which move Zygarde gets.
      • (iv) (Unlikely, imo, but possible) Zygarde is able to learn both signature moves anyway.

(I may have missed some possibilities.)

I agree that you probably will not be able to teach him both moves at the same time, it definitely seems like they're going for some kind of exclusivity with this. I also don't think it'll be randomly decided either, since it wouldn't be very fair to leave such an important decision up to chance. The most likely options IMO are 1bii, 1dii, or 2a.

I would laugh if Nintendo released these moves in an event and Zygarde gets no BST boost, mega, or anything elts,
But it's very unlikely that will happen.

Interesting... If Zygarde learns these, then what's with the whole 'Thousand' theme? It's a tad odd.

Anyway, this'll be fun, especially with all the theories.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom