• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Two New Titles

The legend could just be like the legends we got of Groudon and Kyogre before their appearance in Hoenn. Of course the big difference this time is the movie so I'm not sure how it would fit into that. Maybe it will foreshadow Arceus or something.

Sound like good titles. It seems like the writers really do want to avoid standard filler in D/P, and try to include more game oriented storylines instead.

Granted we already did have quite a bit of standard anime filler in D/P, (the cake making Pikachu episode comes to mind...completely pointless), but it seems like they want to go one step further this time.

I guess coming off the Battle Frontier saga with a lack of filler and rushed pivotal episodes convinced the writers that important episodes are usually more fun than standard "introduce a new Pokemon" filler.

It'll be interesting to see how they can keep this up over the next three years of Sinnoh, considering the Gyms are still spread out by about 15 episodes apart. Oh well, thank god for the Contest arc, as always.

"Emperor Quartet"? What's wrong with translations that are actually familiar to people, like Big Four or Shitennou?

Heh. It's my trademarked translation. Sounds far more pwnage than "Big Four". But that's just me.

For everyone who WTFed at "Emperor Quartet":
Emperor Quartet = Elite Four! Yeah!

"Big Four" makes me think of when Yugi and friends battled the "Big Five of Kaiba Corp." XD But if Brock turned into a robotic Aipom, that would be really awesome.

Lucian in the anime?!? Can we has Flint too? In the same episode with Volkner? *excited*

DJFOIDSHGOIDSHOFSJFOSAJFOS GOYOU.

*incoherent with spazzy fangirl love*

TWO-PARTER PLZKTHX. ;0; Seriously, it's high time an Elite other than that overrated dragon trainer got a two-parter, and since Goyou is my favorite Sinnoh Elite--not to mention most favorite Sinnoh char overall--I'd just about die of squee if he got to be in two eps in a row. Even one ep is more than I would ever have dreamed, though. The anime is just doing so many things right with D/P. <3<3<3

O_O. Um...where the heck is the 2nd gym? We have the second gym leader showing up randomly in next week's episode, so I assumed they were building up to the next gym challenge, but then we have 4 episodes after the "looking for honey" arc with no gym in sight? Why is she in the next episode anyway?

Other than that, these episodes sound interesting. I hope all the elite 4 members get to show up this time.

Presumably, Ash will be using the second gym as his "training arc" that he seems to always have. These episodes will likely fill in while he trains up his 'mons to take on Gardenia following their initial battle in this week's ep.

After the Eterna forest eps though, they will be in Eterna City, so presumably this all takes place there. (Which would make a bit of sense actually, as there's a monument to Dialga/Palkia in Eterna City, presumably the second ep is actually centered around that).

Rocketshipper does bring up a good point, with these new titles...there's now an 18 episode gap between Ash beating Hyouta and this last new title. Assuming the 2nd Gym is the very next unannounced episode...that's still friggin 18 episodes apart!

I don't think we've ever had this big a gap between Gym battles. And unlike the Dewford Gym training arc, which had a Gym battle only three episodes after Rustboro, and then we had a 13 episode training saga.

The Gardenia battle isn't a Gym match so whether Ash wins or loses doesn't matter, and that makes 18 episodes since Ash won a badge. The good thing is the episodes inbetween have been mostly non-filler...but this is still the biggest wait we've ever had between a Gym battle. Anyone who was still doubting that Shinou will be three years long like Johto and Hoenn were can now say their peace, because if the Gyms are this stretched out it seems like they may want Sinnoh to last for the entire 4th generation.

In all honesty Battle Frontier was really just Hoenn extended by another year, maybe this time the writers don't want to do another short filler saga, because they must have been annoyed that they were rushed while trying to fit in 7 Brains (including rematches), 7 Contests, a Grand Festival and other episodes in only 1 year. Maybe this time they don't want to be forced to work under that kind of deadline again?

but this is still the biggest wait we've ever had between a Gym battle.

Nope. The biggest gap ever was waaaaaay back in the Indigo League saga. We had 23 episodes in-between Koga's gym and Blain's gym (25 if you include the Dratini and Porygon episodes + Snow Way Out and Holiday Hi-Jinx were originally planned to air after Porygon).

Maybe he will win the badge in tommorow's episode? 0.o

Afterall, Whitney showed us it could still count, and Brock is a liscensed judge and all...

I have to agree with Habunake on this one....

It wouldn't make sense to me, if they were to stretch out the 2nd gym that far.

Actually, this reminds me of what they did back in Johto Journeys and Johto League Champions, with all the filler episodes they stuck in between Ash's gym battles.

Of course, whether the episodes are filler or non-filler, it doesn't matter to me. I just like interesting, fun, and exciting episodes. ^_^

I think it's really cool though, how Ash gets to meet (and battle?) another Elite Four member! And this time, a member of the Sinnoh Elite Four! That's awesome!!!! :-D

Now, I don't expect Ash to win the match, but I know he'll do his best.

And about the Dialga/Palkia episode, it sounds very interesting. I'm excited to see what it's about. ^^

Nope. The biggest gap ever was waaaaaay back in the Indigo League saga. We had 23 episodes in-between Koga's gym and Blain's gym (25 if you include the Dratini and Porygon episodes + Snow Way Out and Holiday Hi-Jinx were originally planned to air after Porygon).

Jouto had a 25 episode gap as well, between the 4th and 5th gyms.

If you think this is bad wait till after the gym battle, cause if the writers decided to take the game route, then god only knows how long it will be before we see Ash's gym match against Maylene.

Maybe they'll fill the time with more of Pokehunter J or something, we haven't seen her in a while. Shinji has also been on a hiatus as of late, maybe we can have a small arc revolving around him.

As long as the gaps between the Gyms are filled with Contests and plot-related episodes the gap isn't a big deal, (truly the best thing about May/Dawn is they help salvage the show when there's a gap between Gyms with their plot-driven story arcs), but it still makes you wonder if they intend Shinou to last for the entire 4th generation.

Yeah, Shinji had been absent...maybe he'll appear in an upcoming episode, he just wasn't mentioned in the title/summary?

You know, him appearing in the Lucien episode and learning some stuff from an E4 dude (who needs to read a book with his legs crossed, plz!) and all.

Yeah, that would be interesting because I'd like to see how Shinji takes a real loss. So far we've only seen him tie against Ash, but I wonder how he'd act if something really powerful like an Elite member completely owned him.

The episode could end with an ethical speech by Ash or something if Shinji is seen yelling at his Pokes. Lucian would be a good character to see beat Shinji.

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom