• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Cancelled Games Two Rooms and a Boom [Sign-ups]

Calvinッ

Ongo Gablogian, the art collector
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
1580133467015.png

Two Rooms, a President and a Bomber.

Two Rooms and a Boom is a social deduction, hidden role game. There are two teams, the Red Team and the Blue Team. The Blue Team has a President. The Red Team has a Bomber. Players are distributed between two rooms (separate playing areas). The game consists of 3 timed rounds. At the end of each round, some players will be traded into opposing rooms. If the Red Team’s Bomber is in the same room as the President at the end of the game, then the Red Team wins. Otherwise the Blue Team wins. Most players will have some form of role.

Hello TWR, and welcome to my latest game. Another non mafia game I have that is based on a real life game that exists already. But how do we play it on the forums?
At the beginning of the game, I will make two different "Room" threads, (in this case two PMs) and a main thread (this one) in which I will post all the commands / updates / official postings. Such as "Player 2 moves from Room one to Room two" etc.
Players are randomly assigned into one of the two rooms, and their roles are randomly dealt out through a Role PM.

During the game, you may not communicate with players in the opposite room unless I have said otherwise.

Rounds take 48 hours unless ended prematurely which is possible due to game mechanics. There are going to be three rounds, however this is subject to change depending on how many players we get.
Throughout the course of the round, each room elects a leader based on any method they choose. After this the leader, after discussing it with the room, PMs me in their role PM and says who they want to move from their room to the other. In this game we will only send one person from each room, but if we get more players this may change.

After each room's leader has submitted an order to me, I will end the round prematurely and move the players that were chosen. When this is done, two new rooms are created for the next round, and I will announce the next round has begun, players may not look back at the "old" rooms until the game is finished. Leadership is maintained between rounds. (I can't really control not looking back at the messages, so it's more of a gentleman's rule. If you do have info you shouldn't have though, I may have to intervene.)

A leader remains the leader of a room until one of two events occur:
1. Leader abdicates leadership to another player.
If the current leader doesnt want to be the leader (Incase they want to be a hostage or otherwise) then the current leader may ask in Bold, if another player wants the leadership. Should they accept, they become the new leader as soon as I see it, if they deny then nothing happens.
2. Usurping the leader.
Anytime a player doesnt want the current leader to be the leader, they may post Usurp: <Leader Name> with <New Leader Name>. If more than half the room votes, rounded up for odd numbers, the selected player will become the new leader. You may not vote for yourself to become the new leader.

If a leader does not choose someone within 48 hours, I will select someone at random to move.

During the course of the game, players can do what is called a "co-reveal". If you co-reveal with a player, you reveal to them your role and they reveal to you their role. If a players wish to do a co-reveal, they must in their room's thread publicly state, "I wish to do a co-reveal with <Player 2>." "Player 2" must then also say, "I wish to do a co-reveal with Player 1." After both players have "locked in" their wish to co-reveal via bolding, I will PM both players with the role card of the other in private. Both players are FORCED to divulge their role card with the other player (ie, you can't back out if you realize you're about to reveal to a player on the other team).
You may back out of a reveal before the second person confirms by simply saying in bold that you no longer wish to reveal.
You may not role / character claim. You may team claim.

All mod actions will be posted via the "main" thread, before and after the game players may talk freely in the thread, however when the first round starts players are not permitted to talk in the thread. Questions are allowed as well as reactions, and other interactions with the thread, just no talking.
Again, I understand this is a lot to go off, but as you get into the game it turns into a much easier to understand social deduction game.

I'm looking for a minimum of seven players, should somehow we have more players wanted to join, then the player count will be increased before the game starts.
1. @DarthWolf
2. @ExLight

Spectators / Informed Observers
1. @prog rocker
2. @MegaPod

Subs

Last edited:
(I can't really control not looking back at the messages, so it's more of a gentleman's rule. If you do have info you shouldn't have though, I may have to intervene.)
I was already thinking about it with rooms in general but a discord server with channels as rooms can fix this issue. Just pm me if you want me to help/clarify. Of course, this goes under the assumption that all players (can) use discord.

Can the leader move themselves?
"I wish to do a co-reveal with <Player 1>." "Player 2" must then also say, "I wish to do a co-reveal with Player 1."
Also small typo by both asking for a reveal with P1 :p

What kind of powers can we expect?

• Staff
I was already thinking about it with rooms in general but a discord server with channels as rooms can fix this issue. Just pm me if you want me to help/clarify. Of course, this goes under the assumption that all players (can) use discord.
Good idea, entirely possible if the players want it.
Can the leader move themselves?
No, A leader remains the leader of a room until one of two events occur:
1. Leader abdicates leadership to another player.
If the current leader doesnt want to be the leader (Incase they want to be a hostage or otherwise) then the current leader may ask in Bold, if another player wants the leadership. Should they accept, they become the new leader as soon as I see it, if they deny then nothing happens.
2. Usurping the leader.
Anytime a player doesnt want the current leader to be the leader, they may post Usurp: <Leader Name> with <New Leader Name>. If more than half the room votes, rounded up for odd numbers, the selected player will become the new leader. You may not vote for yourself to usurp the leader.
( I missed this, i'll be sticking it in the OP )
Also small typo by both asking for a reveal with P1 :p
Thanks for that my bad, I'll fix it :)
What kind of powers can we expect?
Without revealing too much, because the setup isnt meant to be open. But i'll try and give a few without giving away whether they will or wont be in the game.

Ambassador
Before the game begins, but after character cards have been dealt, you must publicly announce “I am an Ambassador!” and your card will be publicly revealed in thread for the rest of game. This public reveal is permanent. Ambassadors have the “immune” condition. Players withthe "immune" condition are immune to all powers and conditions without exception. Ambassadors can go freely between the two rooms. Ambassadors can never take part in anyvote (e.g. voting to nominate or usurp a leader). Ambassadors can never be picked by leaders to be transferred into another room (or by other characters with such powers) as they are neveractually counted as part of a room's population.

Blind
You begin with the "blind" condition. Players with the "blind" condition do not know what team they're on

Blue Team / Red Team
Vanilla roles, Blue team has to save the president whereas red team has to get the bomber in the same room.

Body Snatcher
If someone co-reveals with you, you get to take a copy of their card, meaning if you co-revealed with someone else after this, you may PM me to show whichever role card you want that you have. This can mislead players into thinking you are a completely different role.

Born Leader
Neither Red or Blue, this is a grey character card, you win if you are a rooms leader at the end of the game.

Wait a sec I feel like I missed something here which solves all my questions. Rooms dont start with each team in their own room, do they? I was like, so why dont you always send the new person away... but now it makes sense.
I'll join

• Staff
Exactly, you don't know the roles or teams of the people in the room with you, which is why pushing reveals is a fairly big deal. For example assuming you're the red team, if the bomber reveals their card to you, you know who it is and that you should either find the president, or try and get the bomber to that room.

And thankyou for joining!

• Staff
Unfortunately this game will also not be proceeding due to a low player count. Thanks again those of you that did join!

Back
Top Bottom