• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

TWR Awards 2019 [RESULTS ARE LIVE]

Best Single Town Performance - ExLight from Black Butler Mafia/ He did not claim Miller on day 1. He got investigated by a Cop on N2 and came up as guilty. He almost got lynched and I liked how he defended himself.
-Best Single Mafia Performance - FinalArcadia from Voltron Mafia/ Two mafia got killed off so early and FinalArcadia soloed all the way till end game and she won as mafia.
-Best New Player - ExLight
-Best Single Independent Performance - Space from Tokyo Ghoul Mafia
-Best Single Sub In Performance - Magnificent Entertainer from Pokemon Generation Three
-Most Entertaining Player - Ereshkigal
-Most Strategic Player - Magnificent Entertainer
-Most Unlucky Player - Ereshkigal/ Eresh has tried to vig kill me in Pokemon Rival Mafia and in Black Butler Mafia but the vig kill always backfired and Eresh would end up dying instead of me.

Mafia Host Tier
-Best New Host - Zinnlav
-Most Creative Host - Elementar
-Most Entertaining Host - DarthWolf
-Best Flavor Writer - DarthWolf
-Best Custom Role Creator - Zinnlav/ I loved the Unjester Bus Driver role I had in Black Butler and I have never seen a role like this before.

Team Tier
-Best Town Team Performance - Scooby Doo Mafia
-Best Mafia Team Performance - The War Room Awards Mafia

Best Flavor Writer - Magnificent Entertainer

EDIT 1: Went back and reread Pokemon vs. Digimon Mafia, TWR Awards '18 Mafia, Holiday 2018 Mafia, and Chaos Mafia IV. Despite playing in and/or hosting all of those, I'd actually forgotten a lot about them. I highly recommend people looking to fill in some of their missing awards categories to go check out Chaos Mafia in particular. That was quite the ride. Especially when AussieEevee subbed in for Rainbow Cloud. Woof.
I've added in votes for Best Single Town, Best Single Mafia, Best Single Sub In, Most Strategic Player, Most Organized Host, and Best Custom Role Creator based on those games alone, and I'm looking into voting for either Elieson or HumanDawn as Most Entertaining Player, given their interactions and posts in Pokemon vs. Digimon Mafia.

Also, I would like to nominate ZinnLav as Town Player That Killed The Most Town since Zinn axed too many questions in Chaos Mafia IV.
Added in a few votes based on reading the above games. Like I said in the above quote, I highly recommend reading, or rereading, those if you're looking to fill in some more awards, or if you just want a few laughs.

Omg check out post 366 from ExLight in Pokemon Rival Mafia
I think this game could be best Town team Performance

Omg check out post 366 from ExLight in Pokemon Rival Mafia
I think this game could be best Town team Performance
Considering how close Town came to defeat in that game, yeah...no. I still find it odd that nobody seems to remember Pokémon vs Digimon Mafia.
Zero mislynches, and only a single townie died that whole game.

Hey, I finally have votes

Mafia Player Tier
-Best Single Town Performance
-Best Single Mafia Performance: ME played the Town in Gen III Mafia like a pro, getting pretty much all their info and manipulating all the numbers with pretty minimal suspicion
-Best New Player: ZinnLav
-Best Single Independent Performance: Jinjo’s Survivor run in Gen III
-Best Single Sub In Performance
-Most Sportsmanlike Conduct
-Most Entertaining Player: Ereshkigal in general.
-Most Strategic Player:
-Most Unlucky Player: Darthwolf there is never a time where he hasn’t gotten paired up against, and subsequently lost to ME, and it’s getting kind of absurd by this point.
-Best Save

Non-Mafia Player Tier
-Best Single Player Performance: Soulmaster The winner of Battleship
-Most Entertaining Player
-Most Strategic Player
-Most Unlucky Player

Mafia Host Tier
-Best New Host
-Most Creative Host
-Most Entertaining Host: ME always does a fun job with his games, be it in the setups, FT, or just player interactions
-Most Organised Host: DarthWolf Maybe it’s just because I’ve seen his actual “keep track of things” system first-hand unlike others, but his setup’s good, and helpful
-Fair Hosting Award
-Best Flavor Writer: ME
-Best Original Game: Elementar YOU Mafia was a fun concept
-Best Custom Role Creator: Flop Making the hosts part of the mafia is fucking criminal insanity and I love it
-Host of the Best Mafia Game
-Host of the Best Bastard Game: Flop & ME for Chaos Mafia IV

Non-Mafia Host Tier
I guess Max just gets all of this, huh?

The War Room Tier
-Most friendly user: Pika_Pika42 is honestly a really nice guy.
-Most committed user: ZinnLav has played a ton of games since he started, and even hosted a couple
-TWR Person of the Year

Team Tier
-Best Town Team Performance: Pokemon vs Digimon Mafia That bunch did not mislynch once, and would up only losing one Townie. Sure, some of that may have been down to our somewhat subpar balancing, but it’s still quite impressive.
-Best Mafia Team Performance: Chaos Mafia IV They did incredibly well to win after losing their only method of night-killing
-Best Non-Mafia Team Performance: N/A, no team based non-mafias

Wait TWR is 10 this year

Sure, some of that may have been down to our somewhat subpar balancing
Actually, what you don’t consider in this case is twofold.
  1. Two out of four scum were caught without using roles at all. Max was caught D1, with no action results at all, and Seth Rollins was caught by using logic and observing his reactions with known scumlord DarthWolf.
  2. Imbalanced games actually make things more difficult for Town, especially when a role like Town Role Cop exists. It makes a lot of the claims difficult to believe, and makes decisions made by Town leadership all the more crucial for weeding out the false claims and verifying the true claims. When I asked AussieEevee to check Space’s role, it was both because I didn’t trust Space and I didn’t trust AussieEevee. Verifying the alignment of two slots or more slots with one action was crucial to streamlining the game and whittling down the PoE very quickly.

Mafia Player Tier
-Best Single Town Performance Max1996 your bomb act in Holiday Mafia was amazing
-Best Single Mafia Performance Ereshkigal, your decipher performance in TWR 18 mafia was earns a place here. It wasn't perfect but it was definitely great to see the large amount of effort put into it.
-Best New Player ZinnLav you've stood out most to me and very quickly did you lose your "new guy" vibe
-Best Single Independent Performance Morbid Minnish although you lost as a SK in Pokeball Z mafia, you made it quite far
-Best Single Sub In Performance
-Most Entertaining Player Magnificent Entertainer not guessing your role and shooting me over and over again on the ZD crossover
-Most Strategic Player Magnificent Entertainer
-Most Unlucky Player ExLight for being the Gladiator in the ZD crossover
-Best Save

Non-Mafia Player Tier
-Best Single Player Performance
-Most Strategic Player
-Most Unlucky Player

Mafia Host Tier
-Best New Host
-Most Creative Host Calvin ッ for his Noughts & Crosses game. There were some flaws in the game but the idea is there.
-Most Entertaining Host Lone_Garurumon for both flavour (see below) as for being great to work with as cohost
-Most Organised Host
-Fair Hosting Award
-Best Flavor Writer Lone_Garurumon both for Pokemon vs Digimon as for our crossover on ZD. Has a nice length and I get really immersed in the flavour. I always enjoy reading it.
-Best Original Game
-Best Custom Role Creator ZinnLav I've seen your setups and I like how you always try to to add a custom role fun results that look normal yet crazy at the same time, not over the top.
-Host of the Best Bastard Game Magnificent Entertainer & Docotr Floptopus Chaos Mafia

Now this next tier is an odd one. We didn't have many games for this category, partially due to the lack of games added and the slower pace created by DtB. Although Max might see this as cheap and not earned, he still earns the award for best host in this category.
Non-Mafia Host Tier
-Most Creative Host
-Most Organised Host
-Most Entertaining Host
-Fair Hosting Award
-Host of the Best Non-Mafia Game Max1996

The War Room Tier

-Most friendly user
-Most committed user Zinnlav see below
-TWR Person of the Year ZinnLav it might sound weird but I see you kind of as the new me from 2017, someone who joined during Holiday Mafia and has made a name for themselves. You've been both a regular player and have already hosted some games with an eager mindset to bring more. You add value to TWR and thus I think you deserve this.

Team Tier
-Best Town Team Performance
-Best Mafia Team Performance
-Best Non-Mafia Team Performance

Edited my vote post to add a few.
Mafia Player Tier
Best Single Mafia Performance - Magnificent Entertainer

Mafia Host Tier
Most Creative Host - @Calvin ッ for Noughts & Crosses Mafia's concept.
Best Original Game - Guess Your Role BGMf/ZD Crossover (Lone&Darth)

Best Town Team Performance - Pokémon vs Digimon Mafia for losing only one Townie.

Mafia Player Tier
-Best Single Town Performance - Maniacal Engineer/Magnificent Entertainer/Whatever else he calls himself :p, Pokeball Z Mafia. Shot the host, generally acted unhelpful most of the time, helped Town win.
-Best Single Mafia Performance - Jinjo, for Classic Sonic Mafia. Won the game, despite Town knowing she's mafia, by making a deal with the serial killer.
-Best New Player
-Best Single Independent Performance -
-Best Single Sub In Performance -
-Most Entertaining Player - Magnificent Entertainer
-Most Strategic Player
-Most Unlucky Player - Elieson, for War Room Awards '18 Mafia. Created what should have been a winning strategy, ensured a total Town annihilation because of bad luck of the Mafia having a codebreaker.
-Best Save - Jinjo, for Classic Sonic Mafia. Won the game, despite Town knowing she's mafia, by making a deal with the serial killer.

Non-Mafia Player Tier
-Best Single Player Performance
-Most Strategic Player
-Most Unlucky Player

Mafia Host Tier
-Best New Host
-Most Creative Host
-Most Entertaining Host
-Most Organised Host
-Fair Hosting Award
-Best Flavor Writer
-Best Original Game
-Best Custom Role Creator
-Host of the Best Bastard Game

Non-Mafia Host Tier
Max1996. There's, like, no one else.

The War Room Tier
-Most friendly user
-Most committed user
-TWR Person of the Year

Team Tier
-Best Town Team Performance
-Best Mafia Team Performance
-Best Non-Mafia Team Performance

I'll fill in more later, as I look over games.

Back
Top Bottom