• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Notice TWR Awards 2020 [RESULTS]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calvinッ

Ongo Gablogian, the art collector
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
Yet another season has passed in The War Room, we’ve had our games come and go, and now it is time to welcome everybody to the 2020 TWR awards! As always, around this time of year we take this opportunity to look back on the past season of TWR, and the moments, games, and players that made the season what it was! It goes without saying that this section of the forum would be nothing without you guys, and as such, we create these awards yearly to commemorate this. Votes will be open until the 14th August at 23:59 BST (A countdown can be found here), please make sure to read the rules below before you vote:

1. Voters must have completed at least one of this season’s games, either through playing or hosting.
  2. Staff members are eligible to receive awards.
  3. Voters are not permitted to vote for themselves.
  4. You may not vote for best town/mafia performance if you were in that group in that game.
  5. Voting will be public and in this thread only. Voters can only vote for one person/game per category.
  6. Voters can give the reasoning behind their votes with a small explanation, but it's not mandatory.
  7. Two further awards - Best Player and Best Host - will be awarded to the person who accumulated the highest number of votes across the categories of the Player Tier and the Host Tier respectively. Should the winners of the Best Player Award and the Best Host Award win more than half the categories in their respective tier, they would solely win that respective award, and their other awards would go to the person that has garnered the second highest number of votes in those categories.
  8. You are not required to vote in all categories. If you like you can vote in one or you can vote in them all. As long as you vote only once, in each.
  9. If you wish to add to or change your votes after posting, please edit the original post and tag the moderators in a new post to notify them of the change.
  10. Only players whose first ever completed played mafia game was in this season are eligible for the Best New Player award. (See below)
  11. Only hosts whose first ever completed hosted mafia game was in this season are eligible for the Best New Host award. (See below)
  12. For the Most Sportsmanlike Conduct award, players that have subbed out of the game (as part of the sportsmanlike act itself) are eligible.
If you have any questions about what an award means or eligibility, just ask any of the mods.

VOTING CATEGORIES

Mafia Player Tier
-Best Single Town Performance
-Best Single Mafia Performance
-Best New Player
-Best Single Independent Performance
-Best Single Sub In Performance
-Most Sportsmanlike Conduct
-Most Entertaining Player
-Most Strategic Player
-Most Unlucky Player
-Best Save

Non-Mafia Player Tier
-Best Single Player Performance
-Most Entertaining Player
-Most Strategic Player
-Most Sportsmanlike Conduct
-Most Unlucky Player

Mafia Host Tier
-Best New Host
-Most Creative Host
-Most Entertaining Host
-Most Organised Host
-Fair Hosting Award
-Best Flavor Writer
-Best Original Game
-Best Custom Role Creator
-Host of the Best Mafia Game
-Host of the Best Bastard Game

Non-Mafia Host Tier
-Best New Host
-Most Creative Host
-Most Organised Host
-Most Entertaining Host
-Fair Hosting Award
-Host of the Best Non-Mafia Game

The War Room Tier
-Most friendly user
-Most committed user
-TWR Person of the Year

Team Tier
-Best Town Team Performance
-Best Mafia Team Performance
-Best Non-Mafia Team Performance

Mafia Games
kewl mafla - Contrainer
Jumanfia - DekuNut, funnier6
Star Trek Mafia - Zachie, Magnificent Entertainer
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Mafia - Calvinッ
Diamond is Unbreakable Mafia - littlegumball
Portal Mafia - funnier6
The Division Mafia - Pikochu
Build-It! II - Calvinッ
TWR Games Bonanza - Snowy
Pokemon The First Movie Mafia - Snowy, DarthWolf
The War Room Awards Mafia - DarthWolf
Mafia: The Gathering - Planechase - DekuNut
Mafiaholics Anonymous - funnier6
Cells at Work Mafia - ZinnLav, Parissong
Seraph of the End Mafia - ZinnLav, Doctor Floptopus
Pokemon Generation Four Mafia! - Calvinッ, Magnificent Entertainer
War of the Super-Men - DekuNut
A Perfectly Ordinary Game of Mafia - Lone_Garurumon, Crystal Onix
Mentor Mafia Game: Rainbow Rocket Strikes Back - DarthWolf, ZinnLav, Zachie, Magnificent Entertainer
The Best Anime SpongeMafia - funnier6
Hollywood Mafia - DarkGodRasul, DekuNut
One Night Ultimatae Werewolf - DarthWolf

Non Mafia Games
Scrabble - Contrainer
Connect 4 v3 - Max1996
Spyfall - Calvinッ
Secret Eevee - Snowy
War of the Elements v6 - Max1996
The Fantastic Forretress Face-Off - MegaPod
Codenames - Calvinッ
MCH’s Evil Tourney - ReturnofMCH, Lone_Garurumon
Wereword - DarthWolf
Pokemon Generational Murder Mystery - Soulmaster
Pokémon Generations - Find Mew! - Max1996
Pokemon Chess - Acrobatic Crobat
War of the Elements v7 Do-Over - Max1996

Last edited by a moderator:
What does Best Save mean? What's the criteria?
Also who are the new Hosts and Players for this season, it's hard to remember.
Best Save refers to those moments where someone did something to save a moment or the game where it would otherwise seem like it was lost. Does that clear it up enough?
I'll try to tackle the latter part later for you.

Last edited:
We have decided to add another award
Best New Host - Non-Mafia Host Tier
This only seems fair with the Mafia Tier also having one and at the same time promoting non-mafia games.
There is only one eligible candidate though, giving an automatic victory by my vote
@Acrobatic Crobat

I've also added a list of eligible new mafia players (it better be worth it, given the time it took to confirm these players were actually new)
@ShinyRockruff204
@BackSet
@Laurentus
@Tood
@Blaine
@Acrobatic Crobat
@captain chib
@Silverfish
@Poyzin
@CyanideCrystal
@Felly
@DawningWinds
@Snowstorm
@Auxillify
@Patrycjator
@Giri
@ミ☆ ᴍyᴜᴍᴀ
@Zorchic
@Frozen Fennec
@Agent2583
@prog rocker
@jamiebearcub
@KohKimura64
@Vroendal
@naga10

Again, if you think you should or shouldn't be in any of these lists, let us know

Given my inactivity this season, I'm not sure who to vote for. Or even if I have (much of) a chance at any awards this year.

Given my inactivity this season, I'm not sure who to vote for. Or even if I have (much of) a chance at any awards this year.
I wouldnt call inactivity a reason to not vote at least. You never have to vote for all the categories either. How I often do it is by going through the game list, looking at those I've participated in (As host, player or maybe even MoD) and look at what stood out to me.

Voting Tood for Best New Player
Voting Diamond is Unbreakable Mafia for Best Town Team Performance

I'll see the rest later maybe

Last edited:
Mafia Player Tier
-Best Single Town Performance - HumanDawn, for his solo victory in Seraph of the End Mafia
-Best Single Mafia Performance - N/A, can't remember anyone specific
-Best New Player - Tood, I really liked his participation in the games this season and he made good points in the games he played.
-Best Single Independent Performance - CyanideCrystal, I gotta give points for the Independent Cancer Cell win in Cells at Work Mafia
-Best Single Sub In Performance - N/A (I'd probably vote myself :v)
-Most Sportsmanlike Conduct - N/A, it's hard to pick
-Most Entertaining Player - N/A, I can't remember anyone in particular who stood out
-Most Strategic Player - ExLight, from several games
-Most Unlucky Player - Felly, hands down, Cells at Work Mafia, her first game, got lynched Day 2, Seraph of the End Mafia, lynched Day 1, I think most other games she played she died before Night 2 began.
-Best Save - HumanDawn, gotta say, it was super close in Seraph of the End Mafia, where he ended up the sole victor.

Non-Mafia Player Tier
-Best Single Player Performance - N/A
-Most Entertaining Player - N/A
-Most Strategic Player - DarthWolf, War of the Elements
-Most Sportsmanlike Conduct - N/A
-Most Unlucky Player - N/A

Mafia Host Tier
-Best New Host - N/A, I didn't play any of their games
-Most Creative Host - DekuNut, I really enjoyed Mafia: The Gathering, very unique and fun mechanics
-Most Entertaining Host - Lone_Garurumon, A Perfectly Ordinary Game of Mafia, while I didn't play, it was fun to watch.
-Most Organised Host - N/A (I'd vote myself if I could)
-Fair Hosting Award - N/A
-Best Flavor Writer - ME, specifically for his work in Mentor Mafia: Rainbow Rocket Strikes Back
-Best Original Game - N/A, No idea what this means
-Best Custom Role Creator - DekuNut, both War of the Supermen and Mafia: The Gathering had some pretty cool unique roles
-Host of the Best Mafia Game - DekuNut, I always enjoy playing and looking forward to his games
-Host of the Best Bastard Game - Lone_Garurumon, A Perfectly Ordinary Game of Mafia, of course

Non-Mafia Host Tier
-Best New Host - N/A
-Most Creative Host - Calvin, always looking at new ideas of party games to transfer to forums
-Most Organised Host - Soulmaster, for Generational Murder Mystery, it involved a lot of set up and organisation
-Most Entertaining Host - Soulmaster, also for Generational Murder Mystery
-Fair Hosting Award - Soulmaster, of the other non-Mafia games I played, his involved more role interaction than the others
-Host of the Best Non-Mafia Game - Soulmaster, for Generation Murder Mystery

The War Room Tier
-Most friendly user - The War Room Staff & ME, they all make me feel comfortable in TWR and are always happy to help me out whenever I have questions or with hosting and planning games
-Most committed user - Tood, played a lot of games this season and just dove right into it
-TWR Person of the Year - Tood, again I love how he got into the games and played really well too

Team Tier
-Best Town Team Performance - The Town team in Mentor Mafia: Rainbow Rocket Strikes Back, despite mostly being newcomers, they played really well even though they lost in the end.
-Best Mafia Team Performance - KenderCharmeleon, Midorikawa & CyanideCrystal in Seraph of the End Mafia, good cohesive teamwork, mostly went unnoticed by Town and slipped by pretty easily, even if they did lose at the end.
-Best Non-Mafia Team Performance - N/A

Mafia Categories:

Best Single Town Performance - HumanDawn for multiple games

Best Single Mafia Performance - Minish for Hollywood Mafia for coming back after losing both scumbuds really early on

Best Single Independent Performance - CyanideCrystal for Cells at Work! mafia

Most Sportsmanlike Conduct - Lone_Garurumon for always being ridiculously chill

Most Strategic Player - HumanDawn in general again

Most Unlucky Player - TheCapsFan in Superman Mafia

Best Flavor Writer - Lone_Garurumon

Most Organized Host - ZinnLav

uh that’s all I can think for now, might post again if any other pop in my head

Host of the Best Mafia Game - DekuNut for Magic the Gathering

Best Original Game - Magic the Gathering

Best Mafia Team Performance - Best Anime Spongebob Mafia (Tood, Naga, Vroendal)

uh that’s all I think

Award Results
The results are in!

Mafia Player Tier
-Best Single Town Performance @HumanDawn
-Best Single Mafia Performance @Minish for their performance in Hollywood Mafia
-Best New Player @Tood
-Best Single Independent Performance @CyanideCrystal for their performance in Cells at Work Mafia
-Best Single Sub In Performance N/A
-Most Sportsmanlike Conduct @Lone_Garurumon
-Most Entertaining Player N/A
-Most Strategic Player @ExLight & @HumanDawn
-Most Unlucky Player @Felly for constantly dying
-Best Save @HumanDawn for their close success in Seraph of the End Mafia
-Best Mafia Player @HumanDawn

Non-Mafia Player Tier
-Best Single Player Performance N/A
-Most Entertaining Player N/A
-Most Strategic Player @DarthWolf for their performance in War of the Elements
-Most Sportsmanlike Conduct N/A
-Most Unlucky Player N/A
-Best Non-Mafia Player @DarthWolf

Mafia Host Tier
-Best New Host N/A
-Most Creative Host @DekuNut for Mafia: The Gathering - Planechase
-Most Entertaining Host @Lone_Garurumon for A Perfectly Ordinary Game of Mafia
-Most Organised Host @ZinnLav
-Fair Hosting Award N/A
-Best Flavor Writer @Lone_Garurumon & @Magnificent Entertainer (ME specifically for his story in Mentor Mafia: Rainbow Rocket Strikes Back)
-Best Original Game @DekuNut for Mafia: The Gathering - Planechase
-Best Custom Role Creator @DekuNut
-Host of the Best Mafia Game @DekuNut for Mafia: The Gathering - Planechase
-Host of the Best Bastard Game @Lone_Garurumon for A Perfectly Ordinary Game of Mafia
-Best Mafia Host @DekuNut

Non-Mafia Host Tier
-Best New Host @Acrobatic Crobat
-Most Creative Host @Calvinッ
-Most Organised Host @Soulmaster for Generational Murder Mystery
-Most Entertaining Host @Soulmaster for Generational Murder Mystery
-Fair Hosting Award @Soulmaster
-Host of the Best Non-Mafia Game @Soulmaster for Generational Murder Mystery
-Best Non-Mafia Host @Soulmaster

The War Room Tier
-Most friendly user @Calvinッ @Crystal Onix @DarthWolf @Lone_Garurumon @Snowy @Magnificent Entertainer
-Most committed user @Tood
-TWR Person of the Year @Tood

Team Tier
-Best Town Team Performance Diamond is Unbreakable Mafia (@Officer Snake @Tood @Cyber Wolf @Midorikawa @DekuNut) & Mentor Mafia: Rainbow Rocket Strikes Back (@Frozen Fennec @KohKimura64 @Zorchic @Giri @Parissong @Officer Snake @Felly @prog rocker)
-Best Mafia Team Performance The Best Anime SpongeMafia (@Vroendal @naga10 @Tood) & Seraph of the End Mafia (@KenderCharmeleon @Midorikawa @CyanideCrystal)
-Best Non-Mafia Team Performance N/A

Thank you to everyone who participated in the last season! We always thrive to improve the section, this year included. More non-mafia games with a greater variety of types and hosts, as well as becoming our own fully independent section again! Of course, shout out to those who voted, especially @ZinnLav and @ExLight (on that more soon).

Cheers to all of you, may we have the best games and the best plays in the coming season!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom