• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Event TWR Awards 2021

Reaction score
It was recently requested to open a voting thread for TWR Awards that would be available for the full season. With major support from you guys I present to you
TWR Awards 2021
1601659107852.png

Some of the new players might wonder what this is, allow me to explain.
TWR Awards are a yearly event to commemorate and honour the season (lasting from aug till jul)
We look back at the games and players of that season and reward the best, the fun and the crazy.
This is important to us, because without you, your fellow players and games TWR wouldn't exist.
Thus we award those games, moments and players.

1. Voters must have completed at least one of this season’s games, either through playing or hosting.
  2. This season lasts from August 1st 2020 till July 31st 2021
  3. Staff members are eligible to receive awards.
  4. Voters are not permitted to vote for themselves.
  5. You may not vote for best town/mafia performance if you were in that group in that game.
  6. You may not vote for ongoing games.
  7. Voting will be public and in this thread only. Voters can only vote for one person/game per category.
  8. Voters can give the reasoning behind their votes with a small explanation, but it's not mandatory.
  9. Two further awards - Best Player and Best Host - will be awarded to the person who accumulated the highest number of votes across the categories of the Player Tier and the Host Tier respectively. Should the winners of the Best Player Award and the Best Host Award win more than half the categories in their respective tier, they would solely win that respective award, and their other awards would go to the person that has garnered the second highest number of votes in those categories.
  10. You are not required to vote in all categories. If you like you can vote in one or you can vote in them all. As long as you vote only once, in each.
  11. If you wish to add to or change your votes after posting, please edit the original post to keep the thread organised.
  12. Only players whose first ever completed played mafia game was in this season are eligible for the Best New Player award.
  13. Only hosts whose first ever completed hosted mafia game was in this season are eligible for the Best New Host award.
  14. For the Most Sportsmanlike Conduct award, players that have subbed out of the game (as part of the sportsmanlike act itself) are eligible.

This thread will stay open for the full season, during which you can place your votes at any moment you like. As per usual, you will have until 2 weeks after that to change any votes (14th of August).
Please update your original post if you make changes and feel free to announce the changed made in a new post.

If you have any questions about what an award means or eligibility, just ask any of the mods.

VOTING CATEGORIES

Mafia Player Tier
-Best Single Town Performance
-Best Single Mafia Performance
-Best New Player
-Best Single Independent Performance
-Best Single Sub In Performance
-Most Sportsmanlike Conduct
-Most Entertaining Player
-Most Strategic Player
-Most Unlucky Player
-Best Save

Non-Mafia Player Tier
-Best Single Player Performance
-Most Entertaining Player
-Most Strategic Player
-Most Sportsmanlike Conduct
-Most Unlucky Player

Mafia Host Tier
-Best New Host
-Most Creative Host
-Most Entertaining Host
-Most Organised Host
-Fair Hosting Award
-Best Flavor Writer
-Best Original Game
-Best Custom Role Creator
-Host of the Best Mafia Game
-Host of the Best Bastard Game

Non-Mafia Host Tier
-Best New Host
-Most Creative Host
-Most Organised Host
-Most Entertaining Host
-Fair Hosting Award
-Host of the Best Non-Mafia Game

The War Room Tier
-Most friendly user
-Most committed user
-TWR Person of the Year

Team Tier
-Best Town Team Performance
-Best Mafia Team Performance
-Best Non-Mafia Team Performance

Mafia Games
Zinn’s Future Mafia Game Mafia - ZinnLav, DarthWolf
Fire Emblem Mafia: Girl of the Plains - DekuNut
Chaos Mafia V: This Time it's Personal - Doctor Floptopus, Magnificent Entertainer
Great Expectations Mafia - DekuNut
Holiday Bonanza 2020 - Snowy, ZinnLav
New Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony Mafia - Max1996
Sonic Adventure Mafia - Rainbow Cloud, ReturnofMCH
Xenoblade Chronicles Mafia - TheCapsFan, ReturnofMCH
U-Choose Mafia - Calvin ッ
Rainbow Rocket Mafia - Rainbow Cloud and ReturnofMCH

Non-Mafia Games
Out of the Loop - Pika_pika42
Codenames: Pokemon Edition - Calvin ッ

Last edited by a moderator:
With Zinn's Future Mafia Game Mafia and Chaos Mafia already having finished, I'll take the lead by placing the first votes of the season

Mafia Player Tier
- Most Sportsmanlike Conduct - @Midorikawa for Zinn's Future Mafia Game Mafia, although it's simple declining questions from players about your previous life and act as a fully new player (for as much as possible) is very respectful imo
- Most Unlucky Player - @MegaPod for Chaos Mafia and your success as an indep despite the circumstances and then lose because of stupid town after you left the game already

Mafia Host Tier
- Most Entertaining Host - @ZinnLav for Zinn's Future Mafia Game Mafia, not the most conventional reason but I really enjoyed working with you on that one, discussing the game and I loved the FT
- Best Flavor Writer - @Magnificent Entertainer for Chaos Mafia V, was a fun read and from an entertainment point of view is was cool to see all the characters involved, and on top of that the Zexy Zombie was great

Last Updated: 03/10/2020
Subject to change according to new games that happen of course.
Mafia Player Tier
-Best Single Town Performance -
-Best Single Mafia Performance -
-Best New Player -
-Best Single Independent Performance -
-Best Single Sub In Performance -
-Most Sportsmanlike Conduct - Midorikawa, Zinn's Future Mafia Game Mafia, same reason Darth said, she's always got amazing sportsmanship when it comes to subbing into a game she died in and doesn't let knowledge from her pre-existing role affect her playstyle and treats the first incarnation as a whole other player.
-Most Entertaining Player -
-Most Strategic Player -
-Most Unlucky Player - MegaPod, Chaos Mafia V, gotta agree with Darth, winning only to lose to a Game Ender is rough luck. (Sorry again)
-Best Save -

Non-Mafia Player Tier
-Best Single Player Performance -
-Most Entertaining Player -
-Most Strategic Player -
-Most Sportsmanlike Conduct -
-Most Unlucky Player -

Mafia Host Tier
-Best New Host - N/A (No new hosts yet)
-Most Creative Host -
-Most Entertaining Host -
-Most Organised Host -
-Fair Hosting Award -
-Best Flavor Writer - ME, Chaos Mafia V, as always, an expert in writing up flavor text, incorporating all the characters in an environment and hinting at who they visited with what roles is a very tricky thing to do well, but he pulled it off wonderfully, while also introducing softballs and curveballs (and other baseball throws).
-Best Original Game -
-Best Custom Role Creator - ME & Flop, Chaos Mafia V, Invisibility Cloak, Teacher, Time Travelling JOAT (though reused), Spellcaster, Music God, probably a few others I'm forgetting, it had a lot of fun and interesting roles, per the Chaos standard.
-Host of the Best Mafia Game -
-Host of the Best Bastard Game - ME & Flop, Chaos Mafia V, not many games end in a loss for everyone because the players lynched the host.

Non-Mafia Host Tier
-Best New Host - N/A (No new hosts yet)
-Most Creative Host -
-Most Organised Host -
-Most Entertaining Host -
-Fair Hosting Award -
-Host of the Best Non-Mafia Game -

The War Room Tier
-Most friendly user -
-Most committed user -
-TWR Person of the Year -

Team Tier
-Best Town Team Performance -
-Best Mafia Team Performance -
-Best Non-Mafia Team Performance -

I remember editing this, but I don't know what new games I added... I think it was
New Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony Mafia - Max1996
Sonic Adventure Mafia - Rainbow Cloud, ReturnofMCH
Xenoblade Chronicles Mafia - TheCapsFan, ReturnofMCH

Maybe a couple more but I can't recall.

Regardless, more games have been added to the OP if this changes anyones votes! We have until the end of July for the season to end so there's still a couple months for games to come and go. I don't mind posting more often and letting people know when games finish and are added to the OP. Otherwise if people do not want that then just check back on the OP every now and again, when games are done of course!

Back
Top Bottom