• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia TWR Games Bonanza - Endgame: Mafia win - Epilogue Complete

I kinda appreciate the attempt to not claim it tho oof
iirc that game had an Universal Backup so he even did his research before "claiming"

sorry it came down to this, Mega, oof

The Votals at the end of the Day
yea, it was unstoppable oof

Megapod: FinalArcadia, Lone_Garurumon, DarthWolf, Contrainer, Midorikawa
jdthebud: pika_pika42, ExLight
Officer Snake: Jdthebud
DarthWolf: Megapod

MegaPod's vote on Contrainer makes sense now and god do I feel gullible about Contrainer in D1 now. Sucks that potentially the only vig shots we had are dead because Contrainer would be ripe for the shooting now that we can reasonably assume he's safe to kill. Wild to think we could've actually had a bomb CC happen all the way back on D1 though??
Thoughts and views on other players can change throughout the game, can't it? I don't see anything wrong with that.
I didn't vote until I had the proper analysis made, which I did state earlier on that I was going to do that.
Thoughts can change, yeah, but that doesn't mean I can't find it notable that you went two phases saying why ZinnLav was likely town only to suddenly move in to vote Zinn with no real progression of those thoughts between them. It looks a little less bad now that MegaPod flipped town rather than scum like I expected, so at least we know there was no scumbuddy-saving. But I felt it was worth noting anyway as one of the things that made me feel iffy about you.
Ironically, I have the exact same feeling with you right now. I can see why Mido isn't targeted for her miller claim but nothing stops scum from killing you.
If this is a scum plan to plant seeds on em for a future lynch XD
WELL... that's fair lol, we're really in the same boat in that regard. And there's not a whole lot we can do to prove that that isn't why either of us is still alive (or ExLight). It's why I'm keeping at least a cautious paranoia over you (ExLight I feel a bit better about now with how hard they were pushing Contrainer lying from the beginning).
Skim read page 19 and 20 and it is interesting imo how quickly the votes are moving on to Mega, some with no reasoning such as contrainer's, I need to see why MP is being lynched since I haven't seen a mention of a copcheck or his claim.
This is literally nearly the same kind of post you did in D1 about Max, saying that it's not like there is a copcheck or claim that totally incriminated Max or MegaPod enough to be lynched. Yeah, they ended up town, but a) we're not always going to have a nice clean copcheck or something to work with and b) who DO you suspect then? And I think jd had some votes still at the time you posted this; why didn't you mention him at all?

------

Well, I haven't done one of these yet, and in case it can help, here's a reads list:

1. @Midorikawa - un-CC'd miller, good posts and questions to other players, overall hasn't really fit what I'm used to from her scum play.
  2. @Lone_Garurumon - claimed Survivor, albeit one with some alterations from whatever original role he's got. Without any extra deaths happening so far that would indicate a Serial Killer is for sure here, I think he's not a threat, and it's true that we've seen no other independents. His posts haven't really rung any alarm bells for me either, and fit with the playstyle of Survivor IMO. Blue for independent.
  3. @Officer Snake - has done nothing to be read as town. He appears only to say that he doesn't get why someone is being lynched, but never provides thoughts outside of that and has never noted a single person that he finds scummy. It kind of comes across like he says it to get town points when the lynched player flips town because it's easy to say and he never provides any alternatives whatsoever. However, that kind of seems to have been what he did in Portal Mafia as town that just ended, at least as far as I can tell having watched the last few phases. I'd lean scum here for the fact that I have no reason to townread him frankly, and it sounds like his minimal posting is NAI.
  4. @Pika_pika42 - I can't think of anything from Pika_pika that really struck me as scummy. The Pikochu stuff could be scum trying to get towncred, yeah, but it wasn't even an aggressive defense, and from his posts back then, I think he was really trying to figure out why people even found Pikochu suspicious in the first place. MegaPod ended up being town, but Pika's reasons for voting him back in D2 made sense, and his posts seem to be well-thought out. I don't think his play here really fits his scumplay, from what I can remember anyway.
  5. @Contrainer - looks like liar liar pants on fire now with the bomb claim, and has done absolutely nothing to help town find scum in-thread.
  6. @DarthWolf - the trickiest one here IMO. There's nothing that just screams scum from his actions, but there are little things (that I covered in D3) that make me paranoid that he could be mafia, though the MP town flip helps some in that regard. I know that he is absolutely capable as scum to be able to lead or push the game from the shadows, but without anything making that seem like a real possibility yet, I'd consider him one to keep an eye on.
  7. @jdthebud - defended Contrainer's claim even to D3, often (or always, I'd need to double-check to be sure) seems to follow along with the majority wagons, and gives off a general feel of kind of sliding by. I could see him being scum, even if I can't point to any specific action of his that seals it since his posts are often a bit wishy-washy (though I suppose that in itself is scummy).
  8. @ExLight - has been on Contrainer's case from the beginning, and it seems like that was the right thing to do now. Has made strong posts that try to move town to think about various possibilities, and ExLight doesn't always just follow the majority, which I feel shows that they are really thinking things through. Likely town.
Sorry if everyone got notifications for this, I just C/P'd the playerlist and removed the dead ones and myself lol

Lynch jd or lone I guess

Well ok that makes me sure that Officer is scum. Contrainer is probably scum too. If we have a cop I think Contrainer should be checked.

He should have come out with it or pushed Contrainer more.

Hajdbsna sijs

Counterclaim people if your counterclaim is getting away with their fake claim!

Ugh.
How did I accidentally hit like on this post and not notice earlier?

fixes goof and reburies self in my grave

Uhm later in the same damn post. Thought that was obvious.
Oh that was it? It felt too short to refer to that.
Yeah I didn’t use it, Darth. We literally haven’t caught a single scum yet and I’d rather not fudge up an investigative role that can potentially find one.
Yeah, well I’d rather we have as many chances as possible to catch scum than to use that just to clear myself. The rest of Town can dig themselves further in the hole by helping the mafia finish me off if that’s what they wanna do. At this point, the Mafia may deserve the win anyways, I dunno. At least I tried.
I mean, a decent way of doing that is by definitively proving who it's not. Had you LRodded, you would have drawn the kill and the protection, whiffing an NK, as well as draw the cop directly to you, confirming to us once and for all that you are, in fact, not scum, allowing us to turn efforts to someone else who might actually be scum.

Just my thinking.
I initially quoted this to say how this was flawed but them I saw the flip. Told you it was fake :p
But seriously, why didn't you CC this? I get you might have wanted to get shot by scum and it's a tough call... But uhg it's mostly their thought of how things could have been different.
Actually, I’ve just had a thought. Darth halfheartedly asked around who has submitted a game my claim could come from, but dismissed it as fake before he can even hear everyone out or even check games which were already claimed maybe I dunno?? Just strikes me as a suddenly...dirty-feeling way of trying to shut me down. Does anyone else get that? I think my earlier paranoia surrounding him could be justified. My ship’s sinking anyways, so screw it.
Unvote: Contrainer
Vote: DarthWolf
Guilty until proven innocent, I already suspected you so it's not like "hey I think you read scum but I figure someone else wants to defend him now is the chance.
Lynch jd or lone I guess
Funny that you say that. I was thinking that mafia consist of you jd and snake, maybe FA in the mix. But what is truly clearing lone right now?
When I flip youll see why I claimed bomb
No don't wait for the flip if you're town. Don't waste it. Claim now, or well, it might be better after the night.
If this is the case, why have your posts ever since the claim not been scumhunting or very pro-town in general?
Also this @Contrainer
Well ok that makes me sure that Officer is scum. Contrainer is probably scum too. If we have a cop I think Contrainer should be checked.
I haven't looked back yet but what confirms snake?
I suggest either lone for indep paranioa or jd

@DarthWolf Nothing confirms him for sure, just my belief based on my reads of the other players.

ExLight - It's your boy, Light~ Not sexy. Trying to keep an eye in the game.

Midorikawa - Dark Green. There's a VERY SMALL chance that scum doesn't have Godfather, indicating no Millers, which would make it a somewhat solid uncounterclaimable role for scum. But Midori has been scumhunting pretty actively, so I'm Townreading her pretty hard.

FinalArcadia - Green. I think she hasn't claimed yet, but based on her in-thread activity I feel like FA and Midorikawa are the two people Townleading most of the game. They seem to think similarly, tho, which isn't always a good thing since it can mislead town even if both have the best intentions.

DarthWolf - Town Lean. He was more active during the first two Day Phases, and had a small decline on the last one. One thing that bothers me is his certainty that Piko was Town. This makes me wonder if he received and item or has an investigative role. In any case I think we should analyze his posts further.

Pika_Pika42 - I feel like he was playing a little too defensively/passively when protecting Pikochu, but I can't really point anything particularly Scummy or Towny. I could try to use meta, since last time we played together he was scum that I busted because of him defending the the post-lynch of a night bomb, but this time is kinda different because he seemed to question Contrainer's claim rather the straight up attempt to push it or just pop after it, which seems like a more pro-town action now that we know Contrainer was lying.

jdthebud - Now that I'm rereading his posts I noticed that Officer posted earlier this Day Phase but didn't contribute to any of the discussions, which I kinda missed when I voted jd. That kinda changes my read on him from Scum to slight scum lean. jd really kept himself under the radar during D1, as if he was trying to hide something, which might bother me a little. Him abstaining from voting D1, and voting on an empty wagon D3 is kinda weird too. He's been hunting a lil' bit more on these latest phases, which is good I guess, I really want him to keep it up so we get more stuff to analyze.

Lone_Garurumon - I hate his claim. "It's a completely normal Survivor, but you might not find it in any of the submitted games". I didn't like his attempt to lynch Piko D2 with poor reasoning. He seems to be going with the flow, not really scumhunting, which is expected for an indept. He's prolly really indept, yes, but I wonder if it really is a non-hostile one.

Contrainer - Scum. Town wouldn't fake claim something like this and then potato around not scumhunting. I had my eyes on your bullshit since D1 when you said you were afraid of Max being a bomb.

Officer Snake - Little to no participation, hopefully will appear and contribute more. Good policy lynch if we run outta candidates via PoE.

wowie each person got one color
nice I think this is the prettiest rainbow list I've ever made and it's so colorful

ExLight - It's your boy, Light~ Not sexy. Trying to keep an eye in the game.

Midorikawa - Dark Green. There's a VERY SMALL chance that scum doesn't have Godfather, indicating no Millers, which would make it a somewhat solid uncounterclaimable role for scum. But Midori has been scumhunting pretty actively, so I'm Townreading her pretty hard.

FinalArcadia - Green. I think she hasn't claimed yet, but based on her in-thread activity I feel like FA and Midorikawa are the two people Townleading most of the game. They seem to think similarly, tho, which isn't always a good thing since it can mislead town even if both have the best intentions.

DarthWolf - Town Lean. He was more active during the first two Day Phases, and had a small decline on the last one. One thing that bothers me is his certainty that Piko was Town. This makes me wonder if he received and item or has an investigative role. In any case I think we should analyze his posts further.

Pika_Pika42 - I feel like he was playing a little too defensively/passively when protecting Pikochu, but I can't really point anything particularly Scummy or Towny. I could try to use meta, since last time we played together he was scum that I busted because of him defending the the post-lynch of a night bomb, but this time is kinda different because he seemed to question Contrainer's claim rather the straight up attempt to push it or just pop after it, which seems like a more pro-town action now that we know Contrainer was lying.

jdthebud - Now that I'm rereading his posts I noticed that Officer posted earlier this Day Phase but didn't contribute to any of the discussions, which I kinda missed when I voted jd. That kinda changes my read on him from Scum to slight scum lean. jd really kept himself under the radar during D1, as if he was trying to hide something, which might bother me a little. Him abstaining from voting D1, and voting on an empty wagon D3 is kinda weird too. He's been hunting a lil' bit more on these latest phases, which is good I guess, I really want him to keep it up so we get more stuff to analyze.

Lone_Garurumon - I hate his claim. "It's a completely normal Survivor, but you might not find it in any of the submitted games". I didn't like his attempt to lynch Piko D2 with poor reasoning. He seems to be going with the flow, not really scumhunting, which is expected for an indept. He's prolly really indept, yes, but I wonder if it really is a non-hostile one.

Contrainer - Scum. Town wouldn't fake claim something like this and then potato around not scumhunting. I had my eyes on your bullshit since D1 when you said you were afraid of Max being a bomb.

Officer Snake - Little to no participation, hopefully will appear and contribute more. Good policy lynch if we run outta candidates via PoE.

wowie each person got one color
nice I think this is the prettiest rainbow list I've ever made and it's so colorful
0/10 because darth and Pika were too hard to read on the theme I’m using :p

Back
Top Bottom