• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia TWR Games Bonanza - Endgame: Mafia win - Epilogue Complete

No. But what makes Zinn's more credible than mine, is what I'm asking.
I think people are weirded out by the possibility of two vanillas.

The fact his came after yours brought it to surface, so it is being treated as some kind of counterclaim.

I'm still not sure what to think of it. If you flip Town Vanilla I'd still be confused. I'm actually considering the possibility of two vanillas.

2 Vanilla are rare is games like this, but it could be true for balancing reasons.

For what it's worth, the game I submitted mostly has normal roles, though there are a few non-standard/custom ones.

@Midorikawa my response about Darth was in fact a joke, which is why I didn't vote him.

Anyway, I am a bit wary of how fast the wagon on Max formed, so I won't be adding to it. However, I completely agree that his claim was unnecessary and actually fairly anti-town, since vanilla roles are usually trying to get night killed, and he wasted that by claiming on Day 1.

Unvote: Contrainer

AE has confirmed before game start that the factions are rolled before specific roles are chosen. This is Bonanza, not Chaos
Ohhh that makes sense, so say Game A was assigned Mafia, and then AE would've looked at the game and picked a Mafia role from that game, makes sense. I'd forgotten because of how long the game was in sign ups xP

Oh you mean godfather.

Vote: Max1996

It's a half joke guess but honestly if he's truly vanilla we don't lose anything.
I still don't like the fact that Darth started a bandwagon. I'm convinced Max is Vanilla and Town because Mafia would have nothing to gain from lying, especially if watcher or tracker was around.

I don't think 2x vanilla claims warrants all these votes on Max, if it was a role like cop them sure but 2 vanillas is always possible.

In case it is ever relevant, I'll mention that the game I submitted had no vanillas at all.
I'm convinced Max is Vanilla and Town because Mafia would have nothing to gain from lying, especially if watcher or tracker was around.
This part does kind of concern me, because it is true that claiming at all like that does draw attention. Though vanilla may seem like a safe fake-claim to make in a game that most of us seemed to assume would be full of a variety of notable roles? It's really the only thing that majorly stands out to me right now, though, aside from Contrainer's weird soft-claim that was also unprompted and I'm not sure what to think about it at the moment. semi-joking here, but the Kokichi laugh in Max's most recent post almost makes me wonder if he's actually jester though

------

@DarthWolf
What do you think about Max's claim in light of a second vanilla claim?

@Contrainer
Why randomly soft-claim to ward away vig shots and then simply unvote your joke vote with nothing further (especially after noting you weren't going to claim, when saying the vig thing only makes people curious about your role)? I don't see why you'd have been any more of a vig target than anyone else at that point in the game.

In all seriousness, could you guys help me by lynching me?
oof, is that a Jester claim now

I'm fine with lynching the Jester D1 since it removes a possible threat for us

and best case scenario we lynch a scum trying to use reverse psychology

Vote: Max1996

Just got back, I caught up and didnt really see anything that happened other than everyone jumping on Max's claim. At first I was hesitant on voting him but as I caught up more and saw he claimed Jester I now don't think theres much wrong with voting him. It doesn't affect us winning at the end of the day. Since maj isn't active I don't really gain anything from putting another vote on him though.

So Max is claiming jester now? Okay.

I will say I know vanilla has a possibility of being in this game. The question will be if AE decided to actually use the vanilla roles over the other roles like cop and stuff from the less unique games.

I'm not going to claim, but do not vig me.

Unvote

People stop claiming D1. Even stuff like this. I only did it since its Standard Operating Procedure for miller. Let's stop giving mafia information.

Granted Contrainer could just be saying such a thing because he is lying scum looking to keep town vigs from randomly killing him.

Is there any reason to believe Zinn's specifically is legit?
"Legit" in this context only refers to him actually legitimately claiming it, because for a while it looked at though he was joking about it.
No. But what makes Zinn's more credible than mine, is what I'm asking.
The way it was claimed. His claim reads as a counterclaim to you, yours reads as a ploy for Townie points.

Though apparently you're not even claiming Vanilla anymore, you're claiming Jester. I suppose this is fine. Not scum, but it gets you out of our hair later on in the game.

@DarthWolf
What do you think about Max's claim in light of a second vanilla claim?
I put a vote on max to see what reactions it would get amd oh boy did you guys react.
So here are the possible situations.
  1. Max is indeed vanilla, in which case lynching him wouldn't be the worst option and the power roles can just do their work at night. It's safe to check him.
  2. Max is scum trying to blend in early. It's very risky but if successful its super rewarding, something I would do as scum. My assumption in this case is that he is GF, safe from cop and tracker/watcher claims, thus solidifying his claim. Yes its early and there was no reason to claim it, but would claiming it on D3 really make it look better? Either way, lynch him.
  3. Max is town and trying to protect a powerrole. Now this is most certainly possible and the only reason why we shouldn't lynch him.

So it's a 2/3 argument to lynch him. Now, why not Zinn? Well let's look at these points again. Number 1 is still applicable, if so, Zinn would probably believe max and claim to support his.
Number 2 isn't as likely, he's seen the reactions on max, regardless of what max really is, he wouldn't dare get the same attention as mafia.
Now I honestly think number 3 is the real one here for zinn at this moment but I'd like to not discuss those details for the mafia as to why I think so.
The main point to vote, number 2,isn't (as) applicable to zinn as it is to max.
Just got back, I caught up and didnt really see anything that happened other than everyone jumping on Max's claim. At first I was hesitant on voting him but as I caught up more and saw he claimed Jester I now don't think theres much wrong with voting him. It doesn't affect us winning at the end of the day. Since maj isn't active I don't really gain anything from putting another vote on him though.
Wrong, there is no majority so putting down your vote doesn't affect us in any negative way. Instead it shows your lack of commitment on max. If he does flip scum it makes you more suspicious. If you truly believe he should be voted then toughen up and vote him. This iz applicable for anyone here at any given time and any game (without majority).
I'd laugh if he's a bomb and just kills half the game in one day
Nah, if he's bomb he would play better than this.

Also I'm not even going to consider the jester. It's stupid, wasn't claimed in a confident way that only causes confusion and fits max perfectly as a "I give up let me try one last thing to either get them off of me or juts end me now since you got me anyway so I just claim jester sort of but not really"

Back
Top Bottom