• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia TWR Games Bonanza - Endgame: Mafia win - Epilogue Complete

Oh you mean godfather.

Vote: Max1996

It's a half joke guess but honestly if he's truly vanilla we don't lose anything.
I mean, if he’s scum he just drove the spotlight to himself and will prolly be caught moving eventually. Same for Midorikawa.

I’ll stand with my game philosophy, shouldn’t we save them for later? Like, when we have no other leads? If they start acting untowny or getting inactive we can turn this into a viable discussion point again. It’s easier to check if they’re lying with mechanical info and, if they really are scum, they might not use their role powers to not get caught, which is already a bonus for us.

Oh you mean godfather.

It's a half joke guess but honestly if he's truly vanilla we don't lose anything.
I'm also Vanilla :p
Not sure if this is AE's joke. Also not sure how many people submitted games with Vanilla in them. I myself never host games with Vanilla in them because it's such a sucky role (though tbh at least it's not anti-town like Miller is)

Not sure if this is AE's joke. Also not sure how many people submitted games with Vanilla in them. I myself never host games with Vanilla in them because it's such a sucky role (though tbh at least it's not anti-town like Miller is)
oof
if this isn’t role madness claiming vanillas early on might not be a good idea since it would help scum to find power roles, right?

but I don’t really like two vanilla claims like that right off the bat, and I’m not sure if I can interpret this as a counterclaim, tho?

Two vanilla claims right off the bat in a 14-player game (when even smaller games here tend to have just one vanilla, if that at all) is very weird, especially when you'd think vanilla roles would be some of the last choices a host would make when deciding what to grab from the submitted games since vanilla is boring by definition.

I actually like DarthWolf's vote right now; I see the logic in it, especially given that I'm not even really sure why Max claimed to begin with. It's not like miller, which makes sense to claim since you might mess up copchecks. If anything, it seems better to keep quiet about being vanilla so that maybe mafia would kill you or rolecop you and not hit somebody with a more useful role. ZinnLav's claim makes a little more sense to me as a sort-of counterclaim (not really, but I don't know how else to word it) in a game where more than one vanilla seems odd. I just can't remember off-hand if AussieEevee liked/likes to use vanillas in his games, but I feel like most games of his I played in were definitely role madness.

VOTE: Max1996

@Max1996
What prompted you to claim? It sounded like it was a response to Midori saying she has no other actions beyond just miller, but it's not like that's uncommon at all. What do you think of ZinnLav's claim?

-----

Also, I mean, we could all say what game we submitted, since that's allowed (if I'm understanding AE's clarification on claims correctly). That could help figure out if it is even possible to have certain roles here, though I dunno if that's something to deal with right off the bat or not.

Hmm, I'm not exactly sure I like Max claiming like that. For the miller it makes sense, since that actually has functional benefit for Town by letting the Cop know who not to waste a check on. Claiming Vanilla just feels like trying to score townie points. It's Max though, so I'm not sure it really means anything.

Is this legit? The emoji tells me no, but everyone else seems to be taking it seriously.

Which is why I said I don't know if it's AE's joke or not. A role madness game with two Vanilla. I'd say the game if I was allowed to.
Though I would like to know if anyone submitted a game with interesting Mafia aligned roles.
The game I submitted had more interesting Town aligned roles so I'd rather not reveal it because it'd only harm Town and help Mafia narrow it down. Though I've only hosted two games so make that what you will :p

Day 1 Votals

Stop stop stop. Wait wait! Hold it!

… I have the votals.

Max1996 4: Megapod, Pikochu, DarthWolf, FinalArcadia
Midorikawa 0:
Calvin 0:
Lone_Garurumon 0:
Megapod 1: Exlight
ZinnLav 1: Max1996
Officer Snake 0:
Pika_pika42 0:
Contrainer 1: jdthebud
DarthWolf 1:, Zinnlav
Jdthebud 1: Midorikawa
FinalArcadia 1:Officer Snake
Pikochu 0:
Exlight 1: Pika_pika42
AussieEevee 0:
Not Voting 3: Lone_Garurumon,, Calvin,, Contrainer
Current Lynch target: Max1996

You may now carry on. There is 24 hours (+15 minutes) left in this phase.

Last edited:
I do agree that this many vanillas doesn't seem quite right, though. AE only randomised the factions, he actively curated the roles. Of the two (kinda three) I think I like Max's the least. Mido's is a reasonable claim to make, and is at least more than just vanilla, since she also has miller. Zinn's (assuming it's true, a like does not an answer make, Zinn) reads as a potential counterclaim to Max's. Max's just reads as random and going for townie points. I know I basically said "Max will be Max", but this isn't just Max being weird, this is him getting actively caught up in an unbelievable position.
I'll wait for Zinn to confirm if his is or is not legit, but if it is I'll probably put a vote on Max.

As to "should we submission massclaim?", I'm honestly not sure. We'd be able to poke through what everyone's submitted to see if this mass Vanilla thing is at least feasible, along with things like Contrainer's pseudo-bomb-beloved-whatevs hints. Might be giving scum too much info to play with at the start of the game, though.

Also, I mean, we could all say what game we submitted, since that's allowed (if I'm understanding AE's clarification on claims correctly). That could help figure out if it is even possible to have certain roles here, though I dunno if that's something to deal with right off the bat or not.
The game I submitted didn't have any groundbreaking or unusual roles (except for one, but it wouldn't fit outside that game), so it was prolly used for a staple role. I'd assume quite a few of the submissions might've been like that as well, so I'm not sure if it is going to be that useful.

I do agree that this many vanillas doesn't seem quite right, though. AE only randomised the factions, he actively curated the roles. Of the two (kinda three) I think I like Max's the least. Mido's is a reasonable claim to make, and is at least more than just vanilla, since she also has miller. Zinn's (assuming it's true, a like does not an answer make, Zinn) reads as a potential counterclaim to Max's. Max's just reads as random and going for townie points. I know I basically said "Max will be Max", but this isn't just Max being weird, this is him getting actively caught up in an unbelievable position.
I'll wait for Zinn to confirm if his is or is not legit, but if it is I'll probably put a vote on Max.

As to "should we submission massclaim?", I'm honestly not sure. We'd be able to poke through what everyone's submitted to see if this mass Vanilla thing is at least feasible, along with things like Contrainer's pseudo-bomb-beloved-whatevs hints. Might be giving scum too much info to play with at the start of the game, though.
Yes it kinda was a counter claim, though at the same time I wouldn't put it past AE to have two Vanilla.
But if AE has randomised the factions we could very well have a Vanilla Mafia or Roleblocker Town

Been asked twice about this now, so just to clear up any confusion:

You submit a game to me that meets the criteria above. I will randomise the games to their factions, and then appropriate character/roles from that game for that faction will be chosen.
AE has confirmed before game start that the factions are rolled before specific roles are chosen. This is Bonanza, not Chaos

Unvote: ExLight
Joke period is over but still don't hate Meltan, alright?

As for the role claims, it's only half of D1 yet, could we not give mafia too much info already? Mido's claim is fine since early D1 Miller claims are appreciated except by AE, and are mostly true.

Whereas Max's and Zinn's Vanilla claims seem odd to me. First, they had no reason to claim them right off the bat. Second, I am not sure about Vanilla roles in this role madness game, leave alone two. I don't oppose the idea of claiming the games we submitted if we can get a clear idea of what roles to expect in the game and check if claimed roles are actually there in those games.

At this point, Max seems to be most suspicious because of the abrupt nature and timing of his claim.

Midorikawa 1: Midorikawa
Is this correct? Last I checked, Mido had her vote on jd, not herself.

Back
Top Bottom