• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia TWR Games Bonanza - Endgame: Mafia win - Epilogue Complete

FinalArcadia: Same basic opinion as Darth and Mido. All 3 are being actively helpful and solvy.
We’re actually the mafia team. :)

I went for Zinn partly for pressure but man did that wagon build. I wish we had more time now.

I definitely think Mega is worth keeping an eye on. I agree that he usually plays much different, and I don’t think I’ve seen him play as mafia.

Night 2: Paranoia Reigns

Night 2: Paranoia Reigns

News of Calvin ッ's death spread like wildfire through The Situation Room. Quickly, Maniacal Engineer was summoned to perform a log check as to the cause of death.
"Hmmmmm..." said the admin, reading the logs through his digital sunglasses, "seems like Calvin ッ contracted a bizarre speech impeding virus before he died. I think it's called...'kewl speek,' but I have no idea what that means."
He shrugged noncommittally and logged out of the ACP. Not quick enough, as it happened. His sunglasses ringed an instant after his logout. Caller ID flashed a username to ME through the sunglasses, and the admin visibly paled.
"I've got to take this call," he said, stepping away, "please excuse ME."

With the admin gone, the players started discussing the possibilities for Calvin's unfortunate demise.

"It had to be Pikochu's doing!" accused Contrainer, "he hates kewl speek and would have used it as a method to torture and kill his victims."
"...that makes no sense," argued Pikochu, sweatdropping, "if I hate it so much, I'd try to stay as far away from it as possible."
"Piko, please," said Pika_Pika42, "I knew you were suspicious from the start!"
"I was there when Pikochu declared his hatred for kewl speek," confirmed Officer Snake, "he's guilty!"
"Guys, this is ridiculous!" cried Pikochu, "I only said that I find kewl speek annoying. I didn't use it to kill anyone!"
"Ah, but you're one of the few people here with the programming skills to create such a virus in the first place," countered jdthebud.

With a group of people mobbing against him, things seemed fairly hopeless for the electric rodent. Suddenly, there came a scream from the women's restroom, and FinalArcadia came flying out.

"Guys!" she shouted, "I just tried flushing the toilet, and it clogged up. When I tried to unclog it, I found an axe!"
"...you found a what?!" asked DarthWolf, who had wandered in carrying a massive plate of his favorite breakfast treat.
"An axe!" axeclaimed FA.
"...well, that's certainly something you don't hear every day," said Lone_Garurumon.
He turned to Midorikawa.
"Midori, I know you're not a staff member in this section, but since Darth and I would both probably get yelled at by ME if he saw us in the girl's bathroom, would you go check things out there?" he asked.
"Sure," agreed Mido, and she accompanied FinalArcadia back into the restroom.
"See, there?" said FA, pointing into a stall.
Sure enough, a large axe was floating in the toilet bowl.
"...what the hell?!" said Mido.

Meanwhile, in light of this newest evidence, the players were doing some reevaluations.
"Hmmmmm..." said MegaPod, "if I'm not mistaken, Zinn's room is located right above that restroom, so, logically, the axe would have gotten stuck when being flushed down Zinn's toilet."
"...or anybody else's toilet in the rooms above mine," countered ZinnLav.
"But it's more likely that the axe would have gotten stuck in one of the other rooms before making it all the way down to the ground floor," remarked ExLight, "so it's most likely to have come from your room."

At this point, Mido and FA returned from the bathroom, and Mido confirmed that the axe was indeed there.
"Well now," said Lone, "this does cast a bad light on ZinnLav."
"Agreed," affirmed Darth, "we should axemine Zinn's room."
"But, but," protested the Discord mod.

Lone_Garurumon led a group into Zinn's suite, while DarthWolf took another group to snoop around outside Zinn's window. Dylan stood guard over the Discord mod.

"This is ridiculous," grumbled Zinn, infuriated that he'd been setup.

Sure enough, Lone's team found a couple of axes stuffed under the couch cushions and under the bed, and Darth's squad found a few axes in the bushes directly underneath Zinn's window.
The groups met up back in the lobby, glaring at Zinn.

"Can't you see this is all a misunderstanding?" he said exaxeperatedly, "I'm being setup. This is all just based on paranoia from a previous mafia game. A prank gone wrong."
"Pranks are prohibited here, since the Prank War," remarked DarthWolf, "nice try, though."
"I'm afraid we're going to have to axe you to leave," said Dylan, pushing a button.
Instantly, a trapdoor opened underneath ZinnLav, causing him to fall to his doom. aka into the lava-tory.

Zinnlav was lynched.

Dear ZinnLav,

You are Midnight the Umbreon from Eeveelution Mafia. Midnight was originally played by Soulmaster. Eeveelution Mafia was hosted by Midorikawa in June 2013.

Eeveelution Mafia said:
Dear Soulmaster

You are Midnight the Umbreon.

You're named after the time of day in which you evolved in, and your type. Midnight also tends to be a dark time during the night and therefore referencing Umbreon's color, which is obviously black.

You have an interesting name, but no interesting abilities. You are just Vanilla.

You are aligned with the town, and win when all threats are eliminated.

Oddly enough, you are vanilla. You have no powers other than your vote.

You are aligned with town and win when all threats to your faction have been eliminated or nothing can stop this from happening

Midnight Umbreon, from Eeveelution Mafia originally hosted by Midorikawa. The town vanilla.

Maniacal Engineer stood alone in a side room, listening to the person at the other end of the line.
"Yeah" he said, "I understand. Yeah, I'm keeping an eye on them."
He listened for a few more minutes.
"Pretty disappointed, actually," he replied.
The caller spoke again.
"Yeah, I agree, but let's wait a little longer. Dylan shows some promise," said the engineer.
He waited a moment until the caller finished talking.
"I understand," he said, "but it would be best if you didn't contact me again until I'm done here. It would only cause more suspicion."
The caller spoke briefly.
"Okay, much appreciated," responded the mad scientist, "I'll be back as soon as I can."
The caller bade him farewell, and the engineer hung up the phone, and walked back into the lobby.

"Sorry about that," he said, smiling, "what did I miss?"
It is now Night 2. Phase ends at 0:00 on the 21st of September.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oof
Sorry, Zinn

The fact he was a stationary role makes me doubt Lone's claim a little more due to te excess of stationary roles (it's actually at least 5, not 4: Bomb, Miller, Vanilla, Singer, and Survivor). 35% or more of the players not being able to move is ridiculously high for a role madness-ish game, and I'm prone to suspect a few of the remaining claims. My eyes still on Contrainer's and now on Lone's weird claim.

I feel like if Piko is Town then we messed up Mafia's plan because we lynched a claimed Vanilla instead of a potential Power Role, which is not ideal but it's better than a lot of scenarios. People seem to be teaming him with Pika as well, so a cop check on them would be great for us to sort out some stuff.

Oof
Sorry, Zinn

The fact he was a stationary role makes me doubt Lone's claim a little more due to te excess of stationary roles (it's actually at least 5, not 4: Bomb, Miller, Vanilla, Singer, and Survivor). 35% or more of the players not being able to move is ridiculously high for a role madness-ish game, and I'm prone to suspect a few of the remaining claims. My eyes still on Contrainer's and now on Lone's weird claim.

I feel like if Piko is Town then we messed up Mafia's plan because we lynched a claimed Vanilla instead of a potential Power Role, which is not ideal but it's better than a lot of scenarios. People seem to be teaming him with Pika as well, so a cop check on them would be great for us to sort out some stuff.
You’re forgetting one fact. We chose the games. Like my game was mostly vanilla. If other games are full of lack or PR roles then it’s not overly strange.

You’re forgetting one fact. We chose the games. Like my game was mostly vanilla. If other games are full of lack or PR roles then it’s not overly strange.
Aussie picked the roles and adapted them, tho.
And even if a bunch of games are traditional ones, Aussie might've used them to fill most of the staple roles.
So I guess anything is possible for balance's sake.

But unless something shouts the opposite in my face I'm still assuming this game should be treated mostly as a role madness. If you want to claim submited games in an attempt to verify stuff like that I'd be fine with it tho.

Aussie picked the roles and adapted them, tho.
And even if a bunch of games are traditional ones, Aussie might've used them to fill most of the staple roles.
So I guess anything is possible for balance's sake.

But unless something shouts the opposite in my face I'm still assuming this game should be treated mostly as a role madness. If you want to claim submited games in an attempt to verify stuff like that I'd be fine with it tho.
Aussie chose vanilla over cop or doctor from my game so clearly he’s not using games like mine for staple roles.

max_cool_big.jpg

OH THANK GOD.
You might not find my role. I have no idea what's in games that other people submitted, but my submission definitely didn't have one.
Basically, my role's been altered from the original into Survivor.

yeah I had a feeling that was the case, hence why I asked.
I mean in the context that you might not find it as it is now. My role in this game is the most basic of Survivors. I win if I'm alive in endgame, I lose if I don't, nothing beyond that. My role in the original game was not that. I highly doubt I'm allowed to tell you anything about what it used to be. I don't know if a standard Survivor ever existed in any of the games any of you submitted. Basically I was kinda paranoid that you might realise that a Survivor never existed once we mass claim the submitted games (I'm expecting that to happen eventually), and you'd all conclude I was lying and kill me because of that.
I often try to have some special indep in my games if I have any, so I could see Eevee adjust one of mine.
:glare:
so many games with survivors and he decided to modify a role completely to fit one in this game?

And another stationary role? If Zinn turns out to be a Vanilla that will be at least 4 (Miller, Vanilla, Survivor, Singer), which is roughly 30% of the players. :thonk:
The game doesn't have to be power heavy. As far as I'm aware it's really lackluster so far.

There was a zinn wagon? :rolleyes:
If you don't like it next time be more active and make good points debating who you want to get lynched and who you don't want to.

iirc you readlist didn't even have Zinn as Town, so don't come here rolling eyes as if we had done some obvious mistake because you couldn't even formulate a sentence saying whether you believed or not his vanilla claim.

Zinnlav was lynched.
RIP, I had all these responses prepared just now, then I got up to this post

I blame myself for inactivity, I just got addicted to Persona 5 and because I was Vanilla I kinda ignored the game xD

I think I'll try to stick around to see how this game goes though, since it is such a cool concept. I'm interested in where it'll go next

Of the five (?) voters on Zinn at the end of the day, none of them actually look terrible to me? Pikochu's vote sealed ZinnLav's fate pretty much, but this three posts in a row on page 13 do kind of show his thought process morph from MP as most suspicious to Zinn, partly because of jd interactions (or a lack of them). It seems like he was legitimately looking through things to see what to do. I actually think he's really town at this point. I'll need to look through things again more closely when I have time, now that we know Zinn was town and how that affects things, but none of the votes from memory seem that strange. And MegaPod's one bit of content during D2 didn't really ease my suspicions of him, either.
I'm not so sure on Megapod, tho, who's the other wagon, I have a very smol town lean towards him despite him not contributing much.
Was doing a quick and messy of some of the last day, and sorry if I missed it in another post, but what makes/made you lean town on MegaPod?

Also, I hate that I'm even saying this... AGAIN... but what if Contrainer is jester and actively trying to get lynched. It's like... the only thing that makes his posts make sense to me when they almost seem to be conscious efforts to avoid saying much (...or anything) or going in riddles. And that the vig thing was to avoid not fulfilling his win-con. I was willing to buy that the bomb thing was just a play that went wrong from a legit bomb, but the fact that he's not really done much since then to make sure he's being pro-town isn't helping. I just wish there was a safe way to figure out what's going on with Contrainer, because - at this point - he's kind of a distraction that we can't verify.

instead of "the boy who cried wolf" I feel like I'm turning into "the girl who cried jester" SORRY

Was doing a quick and messy of some of the last day, and sorry if I missed it in another post, but what makes/made you lean town on MegaPod?
He was somewhat an earlier voter in Pikochu's wagon, which gives him a lil' bit more credit over some others that jumped late.
And he attempted to make a rushed readlist. It was mostly repeating some ideas already in-thread and is not ideal, but I feel like it gives him towny credits for at least trying. Aw idk, it's mostly gut feeling.

Also, I hate that I'm even saying this... AGAIN... but what if Contrainer is jester and actively trying to get lynched (....) at this point - he's kind of a distraction that we can't verify.
If he's a Jester then claiming bomb is literally the stupidest fake claim I've ever seen because both teams will want to keep him alive as much as possible.
And I've claimed Jester as Survivor D1 before, I'm an expert on stupid claims.

Of the five (?) voters on Zinn at the end of the day, none of them actually look terrible to me? Pikochu's vote sealed ZinnLav's fate pretty much, but this three posts in a row on page 13 do kind of show his thought process morph from MP as most suspicious to Zinn, partly because of jd interactions (or a lack of them). It seems like he was legitimately looking through things to see what to do. I actually think he's really town at this point.
No matter how much logic he presents, Pikochu's vote was mostly to save himself, so I feel like it's NAI.
Could've been the top of his readlist, if it was between him and them, he'd pick them, no matter his alignment.

What does the "especially not from Pika" part mean? Does it mean that you would find it more likely if someone else would have done it? If yes, why not from me? I get it that you are speaking in my favour, but I don't understand the meaning here.
There are some people who I would more readily accept the possibility from, Mido for example. You, however, just don't strike me as the type.
Ok, why did you feel like claiming now instead of D1 where we actually had some discussion related to the presence of indeps in this game?
Like I said, my gut just told me it was the right time. I trust that guy.
And I mean, it's not like you have to claim just because people are talking about your role.

He was somewhat an earlier voter in Pikochu's wagon, which gives him a lil' bit more credit over some others that jumped late.
And he attempted to make a rushed readlist. It was mostly repeating some ideas already in-thread and is not ideal, but I feel like it gives him towny credits for at least trying. Aw idk, it's mostly gut feeling.
...If Piko is town then wouldn't it just be a case of mafia jumping on an easy mislynch?
I wasn't getting notifications most of the day ok
Piko still scum
Why do you still view Piko as mafia? What are your thoughts on the Megapod case?
Mido for example
What have I done to earn so much mistrust ;_;

Well I am a bit at a loss now...I kept my vote on Piko because I thought he was a better lynch than Zinn or Megapod. I guess it's good we didn't lose a power role but I'm not sure what info we gained from that lynch.

The only response I see from jd about MegaPod and Zinn are the following:

That's it. I think there might be something going on and/or missing between the interaction with jd. I just don't know what to pin it too.
Not sure what you are trying to say here?

Back
Top Bottom