• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia TWR Season '17 Mafia - 26/09/17 - Endgame: Army of ME

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woo, welcome back Piko :D

Alex: What makes you certain that I am scum, exactly? Or was it just that jd thought I was?
I might have been inactive for a bit, but I am most certainly town.

Unless you are covering for Pika. Which is reasonable if you're going to die when the leader dies. :')

Not only I have it's because of jd but also because the fact that PP42 already lost his deathproof visiting you which implies your Mafia. Sadly for town and lucky for you, you probably get to live for one more night before we finish you off.

Oh please. Why the hell would I be voting for PP42 then if I was culted? I'm fully aware that the entire cult dies if the leader dies. After all, I was the one who brought up the cult in the first place.

ATTENTION TOWN ALIGNED PLAYERS: PLEASE VOTE FOR PIKA_PIKA42. YOU WILL LOSE IF PIKA_PIKA42 IS ALIVE AS HIS CULT HAS CLOSE TO A MAJORITY AND GETTING RID OF MAFIA AT THE MOMENT IS NOT THE BEST OPTION. WE CAN GET RID THE LAST MAFIA IN THE NEXT DAY PHASE AS IT'S OBVIOUS THAT C. COOKIE IS SCUM. LETS GET RID OF THE ENTIRE CULT FIRST.

ATTENTION TOWN ALIGNED PLAYERS: PLEASE VOTE FOR PIKA_PIKA42. YOU WILL LOSE IF PIKA_PIKA42 IS ALIVE AS HIS CULT HAS CLOSE TO A MAJORITY AND GETTING RID OF MAFIA AT THE MOMENT IS NOT THE BEST OPTION. WE CAN GET RID THE LAST MAFIA IN THE NEXT DAY PHASE AS IT'S OBVIOUS THAT C. COOKIE IS SCUM. LETS GET RID OF THE ENTIRE CULT FIRST.
You think you can beat MY cult!? Pathetic, you're trying hard, but your approach is off. If only I could help you....

DAY 7 VOTE COUNT

CherubCookie IV (Alex Kaz, DarthWolf, Pika_pika42, Changeling)
Pika_pika42 III (Rainbow Cloud, CherubCookie, Pikochu)

Phase ends in 20 hours (-27 minutes).

Night 7: Masterless Elieviralsoul - 25/09/17

DAY 7 VOTE COUNT - FINAL

CherubCookie IV (Alex Kaz, DarthWolf, Pika_pika42, Changeling)
Pika_pika42 III (Rainbow Cloud, CherubCookie, Pikochu)

Night 7: Masterless Elieviralsoul

Elie managed to scratch ME and infect him with the Elieson Virus, and everyone got worried over it as the virus can be deadly; yet there was one good thing about this infection. With ME being taken over by a soul-lacking evil virus, Soulmaster's mastery of souls no longer had any effect on him; he could now see clearly that Soulmaster was one of the people manipulating the entire incident. Wasting no more time, he used the Ban Hammer to ban him immediately.

Dear CherubCookie, you are Soulmaster, represented by US Presidents I Mafia.
The game is famous for The Second Appearance Of Great Olive this season; this time not as the Mafia Oracle, but as the Town Leader. Always cryptic but also always ready to win, his less-cryptic-than-before-but-still posts led town to a Best Town Team Performance Award and Olive himself to the Best Individual Town Performance Award, making him the only person to win both Individual Town and Mafia for the same season.

The role chosen, however, is a simple one from the mafia. You are the Roleblocker. Once per night you may select a player and attempt to prevent them from using their role

You are allied with the mafia and win when all opposing forces are eliminated while at least one member of your faction is alive
CherubCookie was lynched. They were Soulmaster from US Presidents I Mafia, Mafia Roleblocker

It is now Night 7. It will end in 22 hours (-15 minutes).

Day 8: Moremissing Enthusiasm - 25/09/17
Endgame: Army of ME - 26/09/17

DAY 8 VOTE COUNT - FINAL
Slife IV (Changeling, DarthWolf, Rainbow Cloud, Pika_pika42)

Endgame: Army of ME

Special guest for Endgame FT: Maniacal Engineer

TheCapsFan descended into the F&G Administration Building's basement. Ever since jdthebud had said that Maniacal Engineer was the true mastermind behind the events in TWR, he had been keeping a closer eye on his boss. To be sure, he had initially just thought that jdthebud was trying to frame the more popular mechanical engineer before being banned. However, ME's recent heavy handedness in banning Jsach and Elieson, simply because they had suspected him of being up to no good was certainly alarming. He'd even circumvented dig in both instances, and he and dig usually got along very well.
Something sinister was afoot, something lurking just beneath the surface.
Naturally, since it was lurking just beneath the surface, Caps's first inclination was to head to the basement, since that was just below the surface of the ground, and he figured ME's terrible sense of humor was as good of a starting place as any to begin his investigation. Indeed, as he stepped onto the floor of the subterranean storage space, he struck pay-dirt, figuratively speaking.

In the center of the basement was Maniacal Engineer's Regeneration Machine, fully repaired and operational. Entranced by the humming of the machine, Caps walked up to it and pulled out his cellphone, intending to take pictures for evidence. A precisely thrown knife knocked the telecommunications device out of the young moderator's hand and embedded itself into the machinery, making the phone useless.

"I wouldn't do that if I was you," said a familiar voice behind Caps, "then again, if I was you, you would be ME, and that can be arranged."
TheCapsFan turned to face the newcomer and his boss, Maniacal Engineer, who looked thoroughly unfazed, and was trimming his right hand's fingernails with another knife.

"My hat's off to you for finding this place," said the mad scientist, "and for even being suspicious enough to go looking for it."
"You haven't exactly been subtle recently," Caps pointed out.
"True," said the engineer, examining his newly trimmed nails, "though that in and of itself should unnerve you."
"I don't get unnerved easily," stated Caps.
"Fair point," reasoned the Section Head, "but here's mine. If my normally inconspicuous evil plans are suddenly very conspicuous, what do you think that would mean?"
"It means you're getting sloppy in your quest for more power," snarled Caps, causing ME to chuckle.
"Wrong," he replied, twirling the knife in his robotic hand, "it means that it's too damn late to stop me."

Immediately, Caps was surrounded by 4 other MEs and backed against the basement wall.

"You see, Zexy was right," revealed the mad scientist, "my true goal in tinkering with the Regeneration Machine was to transform everybody into ME. In his clumsiness, he nearly undid all of the hard work I had put into this little scheme. Luckily, I was able to brush it off as his idiocy and, after I saved the day once again, nobody thought to dig any deeper."

As the MEs closed in around him, Caps pulled out his giant clock hands.
"You'll never get away with this," he shouted.
Maniacal Engineer actually tutted.
"My dear boy, I already have," he said, chidingly.
He walked over to his diabolical contraption and began fiddling with the controls.
"Master of Espadas, Mathematical Engima, Mouse Electrocute, Monarch Enabler, contain him until the process is complete," he commanded.
The hosts who used to be Sword Master, returnofMCH, Pikochu, and DarthWolf complied.

Master of Espadas knocked one of the clock hands out of Caps's grip with his fencing prowess. Mouse Electrochu created a magnetic field and whisked the other clock hand away from the young moderator.
Thus disarmed, Mathematical Engima constricted him using complex mathematical equations, while Monarch Enabler summoned a horde of legendary leaders from throughout history to guard the captive. Though he struggled mightily, TheCapsFan could not escape this malevolent ensnarement.
Maniacal Engineer's face glowed in the light of his fiendish device as he flipped the final switch.
"Don't worry," he said sinisterly, "I am told that this process is largely painless."

The four other MEs stepped away just as the Regeneration Machine blasted out a wave of concentrated Muons and Electrons which bombarded Caps, mutating and enhancing him. The captive moderator screamed in agony as his very essence was manipulated.
Maniacal Engineer just watched with an evil smile plastered on his face, as the other four stood impassively and observed.
When the machine stopped, TheCapsFan was no more. In his place was yet another ME.

Mathematical Engima solved his scrambled calculus, releasing the new ME from the binds.
"Welcome to the fold, my brother," said Maniacal Engineer, reaching out his organic hand. The new ME took a few uncertain steps forward and grasped it.
"I shall call you Manipulator of Eons," said the Section Head, "after your penchant for perpetual punctuality."
"Thank you, oh great leader," said the newly christened Manipulator of Eons, "I will serve you well."
"That you will, good lad, that you will," agreed the madman, "for the time has come for my masterful endgame. Come, my brethren! First we shall claim The War Room, and then Bulbagarden itself shall fall at our feet! Nothing can stop us now!"

The remaining hosts sat around the meeting room, awaiting the arrival of Maniacal Engineer. Just as the clock struck, they heard the sound of marching emanating from down the hall.
CheffOfGames went to investigate the cause of these mysterious noises, walked down the corridor several feet, and saw the MEs approaching.
"What the?" he gasped, as he turned back to alert the other hosts.
"Manipulator of Eons, stop him!" ordered the Super Moderator.
The new ME raised his hand and mistakenly erased Cheff from existence.

Dear Slife, you are CheffOfGames, represented by Percy Jackson and the Mafia of Olympus.
The game is famous for its 4-player neighborhood, which covered almost half the game. It also was the Debut of "Goddamn Kingmaker Again" DarthWolf, the independent all mafia teams love and all town teams... also love, because waffles. The mafia team consisting of Zexy the Neighbor and Doctor Floptopus the Rolecop forced a tie with the town, making Waffles the only true winner.

The role that is most representative of the game is the mafia neighbor. As a result, you are the Neighbor. You have a neighbor chat with a player of the town.

You are allied with the mafia and win when all opposing forces are eliminated while at least one member of your faction is alive
Slife was lynched. He was CheffOfGames from Percy Jackson and the Mafia of Olympus, Mafia Neighbor

The mafia faction has been eliminated

"Hmmmm..." pondered Maniacal Engineer, "we need to work on your control over your powers. That was a little heavy handed."
The deranged Section Head shrugged and the MEs continued their approach to the meeting room.

On their arrival, the remaining hosts were immediately assimilated into the arME.

Dear AussieEevee, you are HumanDawn, represented by Super Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope's Peak Academy Mafia.
The game is famous for using the concept of Forbidden Actions from the SDR3 anime in mafia. Everyone was Vanilla but had an action that would be lethal if performed. The game ended in a town win after a close call Final 3.

One of the simplest forbidden actions will appear in this game. You are the Forbidden Action: Talking In OC. If you send an OC message, you will die. You may receive OC messages, however.

You are allied with the town and win when all opposing forces are eliminated while at least one member of your faction is alive
Dear Sword Master, you are EeveelutionLover, represented by Pokemon Starters Mafia.
The game is famous for its evolution mechanics that would only trigger when one member of a certain type or region was left alive. The game ended in a mafia win after only one mafia lynch in Day 1, because there were not enough powers and the mafia managed to hide well.

The game's mechanics were such that everyone was Vanilla until some other specific characters died. If this game were to be treated as one in which the only character from Pokemon Starters Mafia is the one of this role, the role would have its full power... but said full power was never revealed in the game. To avoid endless paradoxes, in this game, you are just the Vanilla. Your only power is your vote, so use it wisely!

You are allied with the town and win when all opposing forces are eliminated while at least one member of your faction is alive
AussieEevee died in endgame. He was HumanDawn from Super Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope's Peak Academy Mafia, Town Forbidden Action: Talking In OC

Pikochu died in endgame. He was EevelutionLover from Pokemon Starters Mafia, Town Vanilla

The town faction has been eliminated

Having murdered, enslaved, banned, or otherwise disposed of all of the other hosts, it was a simple task for ME to commandeer all of the mafia games in TWR, which were secretly traps that mercilessly ensnared the players, converting them into even more MEs. Very quickly, The War Room was completely converted. Shortly thereafter, the narcissistic Super Moderator covertly connected his Regeneration Machine to a satellite dish and began broadcasting his Muon and electron rays throughout the forum.
Caught conveniently unprepared, the senior staff succumbed to the sinister signal's shape shifting sequence. Soon, the entire forum belonged to ME, who ruled it with his iron fist.
None of the MEs created by the machine were as mighty or effectual as the original, though they were still powerful in their own rights, and any attempt at rebellion by the non-MEs was mercilessly ended.
Maniacal Engineer was truly triumphant and had accomplished a flawless endgame. He basked in his own glory and did whatever he wanted, whenever he wanted. And he lived happily ever after.

Dear Alex Kaz, you are Sword Master, represented by The Simpsons Mafia.
The game is famous for having 5 mafia members, making it unbalanced. Only one was lynched and the others quickly overpowered the town.

There was a mason team consisting of a Miller and a 3x JOAT, the Simpsons siblings. You are the Miller Mason. You have a mason partner you share a chat with and know that each other is town. Yet you will appear mafia in all copchecks.

---
Converted to Neighbor Cult Member, then Cult Member
Dear Elementar, you are returnofMCH, represented by Random Messages 2 Mafia.
The game is famous for being the sequel of the August 2015 hit, Random Messages Mafia. Its theme and the FT Maniacal Engineer provided made it amusing. Role-wise, it had two neighborhoods, of 5 staff members (2 were mafia) and 3 millers (all town) with extra one-shot roles respectively. However, because of inactivity, it ended in an easy mafia win by TheCapsFan, MegaPod and (the accidentally lynched) Pikochu.

You are the Miller Neighbor 1x Roleblocker. You will appear as mafia in copchecks. You share a neighbor OC chat with other players. One night in the game, you may select a player and attempt to prevent them from using their role.

---
Converted to Neighbor Cult Member
Dear DarthWolf, you are Pikochu, represented by Periodic Table Mafia.
The game is famous for FinalArcadia the Serial Killer who somehow managed to claim indep, get proven a liar and still win

Another major feature was the three way masonry with power roles, of which one was a Roleblocker which existed in another non-Mason copy in the town leading to counterclaims and mislynches. But the Mason picked for this game is a differen one. As a result, you are the Beloved Mason. You share a Mason chat with some other player and know that each other is town. If you die, the next phase is skipped.

---
Converted to Neighbor Cult Member, then Cult Member
Dear The Light, you are DarthWolf, represented by Star Wars Mafia.
The game is famous for the 2-man independent team that could posess others and use their powers. It also included an Oracle role, clearly influenced by Olive, that Zexy played with a similar restriction.

You are the Oracle. Every phase (both days and nights!) you may ask the hosts a Yes/No question and you will get the answer at the end of the phase. The question needs to be such that could be answered before the role PMs are sent out, this means it must be related to setup and not to role assignment.

---
Converted to Cult Member
Dear Rainbow Cloud, you are TheCapsFan, represented by TWR Season '16 Mafia.
The game is famous for being the prequel of this game. It debuted the idea of commemorating each TWR Season with a game that would include a role for each mafia host, whose role has appeared in a previous game of theirs. The game ended in a close-call town win, where Elieson was lynched despite putting his best effort.

Lots of roles could have reappeared in this slot, but the one most fitting for Caps who is part of a band would be related to music. As a result, you are the Singer. When you die, the mafia learns a random role that exists in the game.

Dear Pika_pika42, you are Maniacal Engineer, represented by Fruit Bowl Mafia 2.
The game is famous for its Flying Spaggheti Monster role which was played by Zexy. It was a 1x Deathproof Weak Cult Leader. It was roleblocked for several consecutive nights, but Zexy managed to use it after the Roleblocker death to recruit Elieson and force a 2-man Cult win. This marks the only occasion where a hostile independent winner has managed to also obtain the Most Unlucky Player Award of the year for the same game, despite winning it!

Noodless to say, your role will be the Flying Spaggheti Monster. As a result, you are the 1x Deathproof Weak Cult Leader. You may survive one attempt at your life, being a lynch, kill or recruiting mafia. Each night, you may select a person and attempt to recruit them in your Cult; if they are not mafia, they will join you and gain the same win condition as you; if they are mafia, you will die or lose your Deathproof shot. If you die, all your Cult members will also die.

You are allied with the cult and win when all opposing forces are eliminated while you are alive
  • Pika_pika42 - Maniacal Engineer - Fruit Bowl Mafia II - 1x Deathproof Weak Cult Leader
  • Elementar - returnofMCH - Random Messages Mafia II - Miller Roleblocker 1x Neighbor -> Neighbor Cult Member
  • Alex Kaz - Sword Master - The Simpsons Mafia - Miller Mason -> Neighbor Cult Member -> Cult Member
  • DarthWolf - Pikochu - Periodic Table Mafia - Beloved Mason -> Neighbor Cult Member -> Cult Member
  • Changeling - DarthWolf - Star Wars Mafia - Oracle -> Cult Member
  • Rainbow Cloud - TheCapsFan - TWR Season '16 Mafia - Singer -> Cult Member
all won in endgame! The Cult faction has won

The End of all things

Zexy woke up in a cold sweat. He sat bolt upright, though the action made him very dizzy and made the room spin. He took a moment to get his bearings. He wasn't in his bedroom, which was unusual, and there seemed to be quite a few empty beer bottles littered on the floor next to the futon on which he had been sleeping. He had a very bad headache, which he suspected was from his nightmare. He attempted to stand up, but the action proved to be too difficult, as his body seemed heavier than lead.
The light flickered on, illuminating Maniacal Engineer's den. Zexy screamed. He was in the belly of the beast!
Looking slightly worse for wear himself, the mad scientist fired a low energy blast from his robotic arm, which slightly singed the disconcerted Greek moderator.
"Shut up, will ya?" shouted the Section Head crankily, "yeesh. I take pity on you and invite you over for a few drinks, you get drunk and pass out on my futon, wake up, and immediately start screaming. What's the matter with you, anyway?"
"Stay away from me!" demanded Zexy, scrunching himself as far away from Maniacal Engineer as he possibly could, "you're evil!"
"No I'm not, you're just an idiot," sighed ME, "you probably just had a bad dream. That's what you get for challenging me to a drinking contest."

Zexy breathed deeply for a few moments. It all started coming back to him. ME had invited him to his house to celebrate the recent box office success of his latest ME Movie. Zexy had agreed and then challenged his boss to a drinking contest. A poor decision if ever there was one. The Greek moderator groaned.
"You finally remembering?" asked ME.
"Why?" Zexy wondered, "what could have possibly possessed me to do that?"
"Beats me," replied the Section Head, shrugging. He tossed Zexy an aspirin and handed him a glass of water and a blanket.
"Get back to sleep," he ordered, "we'll talk about your unprofessional behavior tomorrow morning."
Zexy groaned again, but took the aspirin and laid back down.
Maniacal Engineer waited until Zexy's breathing had slowed down, indicating that the Greek moderator had gone back to sleep. He then went back into his kitchen and pulled out a smaller version of his Regeneration Machine, which he began tinkering with.
"Soon," he muttered, "soon..."

Endgame!
Congratulations to @Elieson and the Cult (@Pika_pika42 , @Elementar , @Alex Kaz , @DarthWolf , @Changeling and @Rainbow Cloud ) for winning the game!

Thanks to all who played. May I ask you a few questions about the game?

Did you enjoy the game?
What did you think of the setup and the balance?
What did you think of the flavor text?
If you could change one thing in this game, what would it be?
Any feedback you'd like to provide, which WE can take into account for designing TWR Season '18 Mafia?

Congratulations, Elieson + Cult!

Did you enjoy the game?
I did indeed.

I wasn't expecting a Cult, but I don't think they were too overpowered. I think with more activity, Town could've won. My team and I should've played our cards differently, I think.

Marvelous stuff.

I would've stick to using night kills to remove the cult and not claim Lyncher + Cult Cop. Whoops.

Any feedback you'd like to provide, which WE can take into account for designing TWR Season '18 Mafia?

Nah, I think WE has it covered! Thanks for letting me play!

Congratulations to the winners!
tumblr_mopul6FECn1sozvjxo1_500.gif

Last edited:
The game is famous for the 2-man independent team that could posess others and use their powers. It also included an Oracle role, clearly influenced by Olive, that Zexy played with a similar restriction.
To be fair, the indep team was removed quickly, the the PGO like Darth Vader was very memorable to me though.
Don't blame me for the oracle, it was @SoaringDylan his idea:p

Did you enjoy the game?
Yes I did. I did notice a drop in my effort when culted as it wasn't that hard anymore.
I even admitted being cult and still people weren't sure about me XD
@Pikochu what were you talking about with pika losing hsi deathproof. I asked you back then what you meant since he didn't lose it yet at that point
Looks fine to me. Getting culted was unexpected though. Should have expected it though.
I haven't been able to keep up with it, I'll have to read back on it. It looks like you've put a lot of effort in it.
@MegaPod actually being a lyncher, that was an interesting claim, although flawed:p
Make me host :D
Honestly, you did a fine job with memorable roles, but please, no more post restrictions:(

Wow... What a twist! Good game guys, and congratulations to who was chosen to be a winner :p ! Good to see I was right about my scumreads on Cheerub, Midorikawa and Megapod, too.

This was literally Slife in our chat Night 2...:

Alex Kaz-09/10/2017
so there goes one, Possible scum : Slife, Midori, pika, MegaPod, CherubCookie

All anti-Town...

Every time an ITP wins...I become stronger...this time, you have seen my power unleashed, and with the victory of the cult in hand, I shall come back yet again, even more powerful than I was before....

Dear Elementar, you are returnofMCH, represented by Random Messages 2 Mafia.

You are the Miller Neighbor 1x Roleblocker. You will appear as mafia in copchecks. You share a neighbor OC chat with other players. One night in the game, you may select a player and attempt to prevent them from using their role.

Elementar was TownCulted Roleblocker. How about that!?! Did I call it or did I call it! I tried to help you, town! I really really did! Totally Antitown! I wasn't blowing hot air!

Did you enjoy the game?

I sure did.

Balanced, the Cult IMO seemed a bit swingy. That weak modifier means he could've easily undone his own work by complete accident and with no info method of his own, it was a huge risk at all times. Rest of the game seemed pretty fine to me.

Flavor, as always in these games, was spot on.

Change 1 thing? IMO modify the cult leader to make it a bit weaker offensively but a bit stronger defensively.

For future games, please no % roles! I'm cryin' over here!

Man Pika, you did well. Good job Cult~

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom