• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia TWR Season '17 Mafia - 26/09/17 - Endgame: Army of ME

Status
Not open for further replies.
Day 1: An Ominous Announcement - 04/09/2017

• Day 1: An Ominous Announcement

A few days after the grand premiere of "Maniacal Engineer The Movie: The Alliance of Doom and Stuff", Maniacal Engineer made a section-wide announcement:

"Attention to all War Room hosts,

I would like the 21 hosts of mafia games of the past War Room season to gather in my office tomorrow, at 9am in the morning. There are some important matters to discuss."

The hosts were worried, for the rest of the day, that something bad might've happened but they had to attend of course. Gossip would run rampant; after all, there were rumors that a year ago, the Elieson Virus had made yet another comeback which turned all of the past season's hosts into lazy mafia that would eventually kill off one another, only for the staff to find a way to restore the forum's state and cover things up, without any user remembering a thing. What if something like it would happen again?

It is now D1. Day 1 ends in 48 hours. (-28 minutes)
    With 21 players alive, 14 votes are required for hyper majority.

Good luck everyone! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
    List of Hosts In The Game
  • The list of games that were chosen will NOT be posted. However each host was assigned one mafia game they were officially considered hosts of, and no game appears twice.
    The list of hosts shall be posted:
    1. AussieEevee
    2. Calvin
    3. CheffOfGames
    4. DarthWolf
    5. Doctor Floptopus
    6. EeveelutionLover
    7. Elementar
    8. Elieson
    9. Enzap
    10. HumanDawn
    11. jackatlasred
    12. jdthebud
    13. Jsach
    14. Maniacal Engineer
    15. Pikochu
    16. returnofMCH
    17. SoaringDylan
    18. Soulmaster
    19. Sword Master
    20. TheCapsFan
      and saving the best for last :p ...
    21. Zexy

Night 1: WC: Where's Calvin? - 6/9/17

• DAY 1 VOTE COUNT - FINAL

jdthebud III (Slife, HumanDawn, Alex Kaz)
    Max1996 II (CherubCookie, Zachie)
    CheffOfGames I (Pika_pika42)
    Sword Master I (Max1996)
    HumanDawn I (MegaPod)
    Elementar I (AussieEevee)
    AussieEevee I (Zachie)
    Lone_Garurumon I (CheffOfGames)
    MegaPod I (Midorikawa)

Night 1: WC: Where's Calvin?

The next morning, of the 21 hosts that should've gathered only 20 were around. Calvin was missing, and ME asked Enzap if he could have a look around TWR to bring him in.

Enzap searched TWR far and wide but found nothing. Annoyed, he decided to return to the meeting and announce that his efforts were fruitless, but he felt like going at the TWR bathroom first instead.

What he saw there was shocking; all that was left was Calvin's banned residual data.

Dear Jdthebud, you are Calvin, represented by Pokemon Generation II Mafia.
    The game is famous as the sequel of Generation I Mafia, part of a series in which every player has HP and there is a lack of a regular lynch, each vote counting as a 1HP hit instead. Mafia barely won because of town's lack of coordination in the end, with Rainbow Cloud being the sole survivor. The other members were AussieEevee (during an era where he would rand mafia all the time) and DarthWolf the Betrayer, doing what he's best at one more time and keeping the town fooled for days...

Most roles were related to HP or were just night attacks that could be coordinated into hitting mafia that are weak to their typing. Only a few roles could be used for this game, one of which was Celebi. As a result, you are the 70% Lie Detector. Once per night you may select a statement a player said; you will learn if they are lying or not, but your role has only a 70% chance of giving the correct result.

You are allied with the town and win when all opposing forces are eliminated while at least one member of your faction is alive
    jdthebud was lynched. He was Calvin (Pokemon Generation II Mafia), Town 70% Lie Detector

It is now Night 1. It will end in 24 hours.

Could we threadmark this please?
    Done.

Last edited:
    Day 2: Let the "Games" Begin - 7/9/17

• Day 2: Let the "Games" Begin

Back at the meeting, Enzap was getting late too and everyone was worrying. ME had an idea: "Let's all just go together back in TWR and find them"

The others followed their Section Head's orders. Once again, they retraced Enzap's steps, down to the TWR bathroom. But upon getting there, what they saw was the residual data of both the banned Calvin and Enzap...

ME got a shocked face and announced: "It appears that someone had plans to ruin today's meeting from the start. It must be someone among us. We are going back to the meeting room and not leaving until the culprit has been found. With the old, traditional way..."

Zexy frowned: "Oh boy, we have to play real world mafia all over again :("

Dear Max1996, you are Enzap, represented by Pokemon Sun & Moon Mafia.
    The game is famous for the very stacked mafia roles; every member had at least three different powers. Even some townies had at least two powers. A few other strange roles such as the evolving Nebby or the Kahuna Backup Hau appeared. The game ended in a town win after 3 successive mafia lynches; mafia tried their best and were close to winning, but couldn't hold their act in the end.

The role that is most representative of Enzap however, is a simple one; Melemele Kahuna Hala (as he was the Section Head of FnG at the time and his Handsome Three would fill in for the other Kahunas, of which Hala is the leader). As a result, you are the Roleblocker. Once per night you may select a player and attempt to prevent them from using their role

You are allied with the town and win when all opposing forces are eliminated while at least one member of your faction is alive
    Max1996 was killed. He was Enzap from Pokemon Sun and Moon Mafia, Town Roleblocker

It is now Day 2. It will end in 48 hours unless HYPER-MAJORITY occurs.
    With 19 players alive, 13 are needed for HYPER-MAJORITY.

Everyone will be receiving a Post Restriction they must follow until the end of Day 3. These will be sent out soon.

Last edited:
    Night 2: Just Blame Zexy - 9/9/17

• DAY 2 VOTE COUNT - FINAL
    Elieson IV (Elementar, Pika_pika42, Lone_Garurumon, Alex Kaz)
    Elementar III (Elieson, MegaPod, AussieEevee)
    Zachie I (Midorikawa)

Night 2: Just Blame Zexy

Before anyone could make an accusation, Zexy stepped forward:

"Hi everyone. WE would like to make an announcement. WE all know that whenever something happens, everyone blames Zexy anyway, so why even bother trying to defend or anything like that? WE also know that lots of similar crisis situations have happened but WE have managed to restore order in all cases. This is just getting boring and repetitive by now. So let's shake things up, shall WE?"

He then took the phone out of his pocket and said:

"A while ago, while WE were joking around with ME, he told me that he's created a Jester Autoban Program which anybody can use to permaban themselves immediately, bypassing all permissions. That man sure is resourceful but can come up with all sorts of useless or outright catastrophic inventions, but he's still so cool. Anyway, back to the topic at hand. WE'll just use this little thing and leave the game peacefully, WE know WE will be back after this is all over anyway. No Zexy Zombies or any other flashy stuff this time. See you soon, people."

He then initiated the program and got himself permabanned.

Dear Elieson, you are Zexy, represented by Zexy Games Mafia.
    The game is famous as the point where Zexy stopped hosting role madness games and started hosting role insanity games. Every Zexy-hosted game would have a role, but there were some repeats. This resulted in 3 Jesters in the same game, with each successive Jester flip generating more amusement, frustration and giggles. The game ended in a town win but one of the Jesters and another independent won too.

The most prominent feature of the game was its 3 Jesters. As a result, you are the Jester. Your vote is your power, so use it wisely... on yourself, one minute before phase end!

You are allied with yourself and win only if you get lynched
    Elieson was lynched. He was Zexy from Zexy Games Mafia, Independent Jester.

Congratulations to @Elieson for winning the game!

It is now Night 2. It will end in 24 hours.

Day 3: WE shall stay together, even in death - 10/9/17

• Day 3: WE shall stay together, even in death

Immediately after Zexy banned himself, SoaringDylan came forward and said:

"I shall follow him. WE shall stay together, even in death."

ME realised what would happen and tried to stop it, but Dylan took out his own phone and initiated a copy of the autoban program Zexy gave him.

Dear HumanDawn, you are WE er- SoaringDylan, represented by ME VS WE Mafia.
    The game is famous for the battle against the MEs and the WEs. There was a singular amount of MEs (ME) and a plural amount of WEs (Dylan and Zexy) co-hosting the game. The game ended in a mafia win after DarthWolf the Betrayer managed to fool everyone again. As a setup designed in the aftermath of Zexy Can't Balance Mafia, it was not extremely role heavy. The madness came from the fact that town had roles that would normally suit mafia much more; examples include 1x Destruction Starter, 1x Poisoner and 1x Post Restrictor, which was re-used from RM2 for an extra dose of three-phase-long frustration with giggles.

How could such a role not return again? As a result, you are the 1x Post Restrictor. One night in the game, you may unlock your power. For the next three phases (day, night, next day) every person in the game will get a post restriction fitting their character, making it easier to figure their character out.

HumanDawn was killed. He was SoaringDylan from ME VS WE Mafia, Town 1x Post Restrictor

It is now Day 3. It will end in 48 hours, unless HYPER-MAJORITY occurs.
    With 17 players alive, 12 are needed for HYPER-MAJORITY.

Looking for subs for this game.

Last edited:
    Night 3: Staff for just a few wEEks - 12/09/2017
  • DAY 3 VOTE COUNT - FINAL

Zachie III (Pikochu, MegaPod, The Light)

Night 3: Staff for just a few wEEks

After both WEs were gone, ME had another idea: "It is apparent from the WE's actions that they were not involved with the incidents that lead to Calvin and Enzap's bans. Perhaps, however, it is the newly discovered EEs that did the deed."

Elementar, leader of the EEs, looked at his Section Head with shock: "But boss, how could you suspect me? A few wEEks ago you hired me as an FnG mod, you said you believe in me."

ME replied sternly: "In fact, it might be exactly that which lead to said incident. Only a little while ago, there was the entire Elementar's Mafia Universe incident. Dark Elementar appeared there, for the first time we know of. There is a dark side in you, and perhaps now that you have staff powers and authority to access more of our information, you turned to the dark side again."

Elementar frowned: "GEE, there's no way I can get out of this, it sEEms. I am indEEd one of the people behind this. You might have sEEn through me, but my associates will sEE this to the end. So procEEd, ban me away. It was nice being staff, even if only for a few wEEks. Now I nEEd to just rely on my teammates."

ME turned towards dig: "I'm so sorry this hire happened, dig. Please procEEd with his ban."

dig nodded and banned Elementar.

Dear Zachie, you are Elementar, represented by Pokemon XY&Z Mafia.
    The game is famous for Olive the Oracle, the Best Single Mafia Performance-winning master plan of posing as Olympia the Cryptic Oracle to mislead the town and just slide by until LYLO The game however ended in a town win because at the Final 3, the other two would belive each other over Olive and got him lynched. Nonetheless, Olive carried his team by himself for more than half the game.

The game is also famous for debuting the 1x Destruction Starter custom role that would appear in lots of Elementar and some other hosts' games. As a result, you are the 1x Destruction Starter. One night phase in the game, you may unlock this power. The next day phase will have two lynches.

You are allied with the mafia and win when all opposing forces are eliminated while at least one member of your faction is alive
    Zachie was lynched. He was Elementar from Pokemon XY&Z Anime Mafia, Mafia 1x Destruction Starter

It is now Night 3. It will end in 48 hours.

Post Restrictions are lifted.

Still looking for subs for this game.

Day 4: The Doc's Last Flop - 13/9/17

• Day 4: The Doc's Last Flop

After Elementar's allegiance to the enemy has been revealed, ME called the meeting off for the day, as he would like to research further into the former mod's motives and possible associates. After staying closed in his office for a few hours, he decided what his next course of action should be. He then rushed to the Punstermobile, turned the engine on, and rushed to the hospital.

Doctor Floptopus was there, she had a night shift in case some emergency were to happen; especially in lieu of recent events, the danger of someone being injured at night was huge. She noticed ME parking the Punstermobile outside of the RM General Hospital and realised he was coming for her.

When ME reached her office, he had something to tell her: "Listen, Flop. I know you've not been my most trusted ally ever since I renounced my allegiance with the Troll Alliance and became staff, while you have stayed behind. Yet you're RM's best doctor, and although your motives might be flip-flopping a lot over the past incidents, I believe that the FnG staff could use your help in this case. Elementar's words show well that it's not the Troll Alliance behind this incident, for a change, so I should be able to trust you to figure the actual enemies out."

Flop nodded: "We might indeed not be on the best of terms anymore, but I'm always willing to help RM from any external threat. Only the Trolls deserve to have a shot at ruining all the fun, no one else. Of course I'll help. I assume you'd like me to check what is left of Enzap and Calvin, as well as the surrounding area?"

ME agreed: "Indeed. You are a smart doctor indeed, glad to have had you as an ally before. So let's get to work, shall we?"
    They then shook hands.

Flop rushed to the crime scene, which would be TWR's bathroom. She would start inspecting the area closely for any signs that only she, a doctor, could interpret correctly to reach the culprit. After checking the area Enzap's leftover data were found, she came to a shocking realization. But before she could do a thing, someone managed to ban her, stopping her from getting involved further.

Dear CheffOfGames, you are Doctor Floptopus, represented by Professor Layton Mafia.
    The game was open setup and had an Even Night Cop and an Odd Night Doctor as the only power roles. It ended in a mafia win after Elieson, as mafia, claimed Cop before the real one could counterclaim and was believed over the real one in the LYLO.

The unique feature of the game was its cop and doctor role that could only act every two nights. In this game, you are the Odd Night Doctor. In odd nights (Night 1, 3, 5 etc.) you may select a person and attempt to protect them from kills.

CheffOfGames was killed. He was Doctor Floptopus from Professor Layton Mafia, Town Odd Night Doctor

It is now Day 4. It will end in 48 hours (-9 minutes), unless HYPER-MAJORITY occurs.
    With 15 players alive, 10 are needed for HYPER-MAJORITY.

Night 4: AussieEextermination - 15/9/17

• DAY 4 DAY COUNT - FINAL

Midorikawa IV (Alex Kaz, Elementar, DarthWolf, jdthebud)
    DarthWolf II (MegaPod, Midorikawa)
    CherubCookie I (Pika_pika42)

Night 4: AussieEextremination

The next morning, ME found Flop banned in the TWR bathroom as well, although part of him was expecting this to happen. He immediately started investigating the area until he found an empty bottle of BBQ sauce that had a label saying "Barbie Sauce". He immediately realized who was the culprit:

"It must be AussieEevee. Only Australians call BBQ barbie."

Eevee realized he's been found: "Oh no, I'm a sad Eevee now. There's no Coke around either :( Oh well, so long everyone; my allies will still see this to the end!"

ME then asked dig to ban AussieEevee, and he did.

Dear Midorikawa, you are AussieEevee, represented by AussieEevee's Superhero Bonanza.
    The game is famous for debuting the Bonanza style, a Chaos-style like game with the difference that the roles are decided after alignments are randomized to characters, and thus fit their given faction better than Chaos roles. The game ended in a town win after a correct cop check and some deduction for the second mafia member.

A unique feature of the game was that both mafia had two roles each. In this game, you are the 1x Bulletproof Rolecop. You may survive one kill attempt. In the night phase you may select a player and attempt to learn their role.

You are allied with the mafia and win when all opposing forces are eliminated while at least one member of your faction is alive
    Midorikawa was lynched. She was AussieEevee (AussieEevee's Superhero Bonanza), Mafia 1x Bulletproof Rolecop

It is now Night 4. It will end in 24 hours (-35 minutes).

Still looking for subs for this game.

Last edited:
    Day 5: Spamlord VS Scumlord - 16/9/17

• Day 5: Spamlord VS Scumlord

Another one of the culprits was gone, but ME would not be satisfied until all of them were gone. To this end, he contacted another old friend from the Troll Alliance who could help; jackatlasred.

He made it to the Troll Tower, jammed all the security spambots and made it to the top room; jackatlasred knew full well what would happen, so he just sat on his office, with his feet on the desk, snacking on some spam.

When ME got in, jack said: "Why hello old friend, would you like me to treat you some spam? I guess there is... business we have to do, isn't it?"

ME nodded and replied: "You know me well by now, jack, and so do I. So don't pull off any tricks, you know how this works. To the point, though; you have an immeasurable spambot army, which could be useful in finding the rest of the culprits of this latest incident, of course. So please get to it."

jack agreed, showed ME off and the Spamlord started programming like crazy.

His spambots managed to spam so much that a breach occured in the forum's security system, and being a skilled programmer, he used that opening to access the Conversation where the attacks were coordinated. It was there when he saw Him, and he figured out how it all happened; he then planned to leave silently, to stay unnoticed. But on his way out, his own spambots turned against him, converted him into a spambot, causing the system to ban him; apparently the Scumlord has expected this would happen and found the perfect program to counteract jack.

The next morning, jack was missing, and everyone thought he was banned too. ME rushed to the Troll Tower to confirm it.

Dear Lone_Garurumon, you are jackatlasred, represented by Yugioh TCG Mafia.
    The game is famous for using decks as roles, making them extremely probablity based, with bricking (drawing a useless card; vanilla) being a possibility. The game ended in a mafia win, the mafia consisted of only one member, Midorikawa. With 6 players, this might have been the smallest mafia game ever in TWR.

One of the decks had a 50% chance to brick and 50% chance to rolecop their target. As a result, you are the 50% Rolecop. Once per night you may select a player and attempt to learn their role, but there's only 50% chance your role will work.

Lone_Garurumon was killed. He was jackatlasred from Yugioh TCG Mafia, Town 50% Rolecop

It is now Day 5. It will end in 48 hours (-4 minutes), unless HYPER-MAJORITY occurs.
    With 13 players alive, 9 are needed for HYPER-MAJORITY.

Last edited:
    Night 5: Trust ME, He's an Engineer - 18/09/2017

• DAY 5 VOTE COUNT - FINAL
    MegaPod VI (DarthWolf, Elementar, Pika_pika42, CherubCookie, The Light, Alex Kaz)
    Pika_pika42 IV (Pikochu, MegaPod, jdthebud, Rainbow Cloud)

Night 5: Trust ME, He's an Engineer

ME arrived at the Troll Tower and found jack's residual data, but above him stood a lone, immobile spambot, which wrote in the middle of its head: "FINAL SPAMBOT". Curious, as always, he tried to activate it and see what kind of spam it would post.

Surprisingly, the spam this bot posted was not rulebreaking at all... at least for jack and the bot itself. Instead, it was a video of jack's final moments before his ban, in which it became clear who the Scumlord was.

With this major piece of info in hand, which would expose the true mastermind of this incident, ME returned to the meeting room, marching in proudly: "Gentlemen, I have finally found the Scumlord among us. Trust ME, he's an engineer."

Caps got surprised: "But boss, did you mean it was you?!"

ME corrected him: "Of course not. There's another engineer among us, never forget. Only he could have designed the hardware and software required for this incident to even begin in the first place."

jdthebud got a shocked expression on his face, realising he's been caught: "NOOOOO! Don't listen to ME; it's ME and his cult-like followers who did it, and he's fooling you all along. You think your Section Head is a noble and just person, but that's far from the truth. Even if I get banned, here and now, the truth will show itself in the end; the Scumlord might've been caught, but the Scum are not finished! It is us who will uncover the evil that is ME!"

ME, having enough of this, just declared: "Just die, jd! dig, sort it, please!"

dig then banned jd and calmly said: "Sorted."

Dear MegaPod, you are jdthebud, represented by Solar System Mafia.
    The game is famous for using objects of the solar system as roles. The game ended in a mafia win.

One of the mafia members had a strange role combination. As a result, you are the Godfather Monitor. Any copchecks on you will return a town result. Once per night, you may select a player; if they are an investigative role that would get a result, you get a copy of their result as well.

MegaPod was lynched. He was jdthebud from Solar System Mafia, Mafia Godfather Monitor

It is now Night 5. The night will end in 24 hours.

Day 6: Missed Enthusiasm - 20/9/17
  • Night 6: Game Over - 21/09/17

• DAY 6 VOTE COUNT - FINAL

jdthebud III (Rainbow Cloud, Pika_pika42, DarthWolf)
    Pikochu II (Alex Kaz, Changeling)
    Pika_pika42 I (CherubCookie)
    CherubCookie I (jdthebud)

Night 6: Game Over

ME and the rest of the TWR hosts had supposedly scored a great victory over the mafia of this incident, with the ban of jdthebud the Engineer Scumlord. However, jd's last words couldn't get off Jsach's head; could ME be evil and just pulling strings all along? He was torn over whether he should speak up or not, but he decided to do so:

"Hey lads, let's not keep ignoring the elephant in the room here. Aren't you wondering if jd had a point when he said ME is behind this? jd would have no reason to turn to evil, what if he is the good guy? ME, on the other hand, has shown his evil side countless times, don't let me get started on all of his Regenerations..."

ME, furious that he was suspected, lashed back: "How dare you suspect ME like that?! I'm the Section Head here, all I want is the best for this place. I have indeed Regenerated several times to evil entities before, but all of them are kept in check now, and I'm not planning to enter the Troll Alliance ever again. The truth is simple; jdthebud was jealous of ME being a better and more popular Mechanical Engineer than him and wanted to get revenge on ME. What is going through your mind, Jsach?"

ME paused for a second, but then continued: "I think watching gameshows all day has affected your thought process. This is not a game, you should not treat it as such; outlandish claims like yours need to be punished. I'm sorry friend, you're a pretty cool guy, but at least until this incident is over, I have to request you get banned. Can't let you interfere if you believe such things about ME."

Jsach then replied: "Are you kidding me, ME? At this point you're just ruling this place with your iron fist... that mechanical arm of yours! How could you honestly think that watching gameshows is enough reason to kill me off?! I'm just foiling your plans, huh? Truth hurts, man!"

ME shouted back: "ENOUGH! Game over, Jsach. dig, let's ban him already."
    Before dig could either give permission or veto the decision, ME raised the Ban Hammer he inherited from Enzap when the Section Headship was passed to him, and swung it on Jsach, banning him.

Dear returnofMCH, you are Jsach, represented by Gameshow Mafia.
    The game is famous for its Wheel mechanics that randomized beneficial or negative effects to players. The game ended in a mafia win by Maniacal Engineer, Life and Slife after an elaborate bussing plan that lead the team to success.

Another unique feature of the game was its cop role that could only act every two nights. As a result, you are the Recharging Cop. In the night phase you may select a player and attempt to learn their alignment, but you cannot use this power in consecutive night phases.

jdthebud was lynched. He was Jsach from Gameshow Mafia, Town Rechgarg

It is now Night 6. It will last 24 hours.

Last edited:
    Day 7: The Elieson Virus Returns - 22/09/17

• Day 7: The Elieson Virus Returns

Seeing Jsach get unfairly banned, Elie became furious at ME, and the Virus kicked in, taking over his body: "PREPARE TO DIE, ME! I AM BACK!"

ME watched the trasnformation sadly: "Could it be?! The Elieson Virus is back, taking over your brain? I'm sorry friend, you're a pretty cool guy, but at least until this incident is over, I have to request you get banned. Can't let you interfere while under the effect of such a virus, nor can I let you be consumed by it and almost reach death."

Elie replied: "I'LL GET YOU FIRST!" before lashing out at ME, barely scratching him. ME then used the Ban Hammer to strike him down, but the damage was done... maybe.

Dear Pikochu, you are Elieson, represented by I Can't Believe It's Not War Room Mafia Mafia.
    The game is famous for its title (whose size is average for an Elieson game) and its two-shot roles, some of which are rare. The game ended in a town win even though mafia almost won and might have done so had Maniacal Engineer not needed to sub out.

In this game, you are the 2x Safeguard. Two night phases in the game, you may select a player and make any other roles used on them for that night fail.

Pikochu was killed. He was Elieson from I Can't Believe It's Not War Room Mafia Mafia, Town 2x Safeguard

It is now Day 7. It will last 48 hours.
    With 10 players alive, the game is in a state of LYSLO. Even if town does lynch correctly, they may lose the game.
    HYPER-MAJORITY rules are no longer in effect.

Night 7: Masterless Elieviralsoul - 25/09/17

• DAY 7 VOTE COUNT - FINAL

CherubCookie IV (Alex Kaz, DarthWolf, Pika_pika42, Changeling)
    Pika_pika42 III (Rainbow Cloud, CherubCookie, Pikochu)

Night 7: Masterless Elieviralsoul

Elie managed to scratch ME and infect him with the Elieson Virus, and everyone got worried over it as the virus can be deadly; yet there was one good thing about this infection. With ME being taken over by a soul-lacking evil virus, Soulmaster's mastery of souls no longer had any effect on him; he could now see clearly that Soulmaster was one of the people manipulating the entire incident. Wasting no more time, he used the Ban Hammer to ban him immediately.

Dear CherubCookie, you are Soulmaster, represented by US Presidents I Mafia.
    The game is famous for The Second Appearance Of Great Olive this season; this time not as the Mafia Oracle, but as the Town Leader. Always cryptic but also always ready to win, his less-cryptic-than-before-but-still posts led town to a Best Town Team Performance Award and Olive himself to the Best Individual Town Performance Award, making him the only person to win both Individual Town and Mafia for the same season.

The role chosen, however, is a simple one from the mafia. You are the Roleblocker. Once per night you may select a player and attempt to prevent them from using their role

CherubCookie was lynched. They were Soulmaster from US Presidents I Mafia, Mafia Roleblocker

It is now Night 7. It will end in 22 hours (-15 minutes).

Day 8: Moremissing Enthusiasm - 25/09/17
  • Endgame: Army of ME - 26/09/17

• DAY 8 VOTE COUNT - FINAL
    Slife IV (Changeling, DarthWolf, Rainbow Cloud, Pika_pika42)

Endgame: Army of ME

Special guest for Endgame FT: Maniacal Engineer

TheCapsFan descended into the F&G Administration Building's basement. Ever since jdthebud had said that Maniacal Engineer was the true mastermind behind the events in TWR, he had been keeping a closer eye on his boss. To be sure, he had initially just thought that jdthebud was trying to frame the more popular mechanical engineer before being banned. However, ME's recent heavy handedness in banning Jsach and Elieson, simply because they had suspected him of being up to no good was certainly alarming. He'd even circumvented dig in both instances, and he and dig usually got along very well.
    Something sinister was afoot, something lurking just beneath the surface.
    Naturally, since it was lurking just beneath the surface, Caps's first inclination was to head to the basement, since that was just below the surface of the ground, and he figured ME's terrible sense of humor was as good of a starting place as any to begin his investigation. Indeed, as he stepped onto the floor of the subterranean storage space, he struck pay-dirt, figuratively speaking.

In the center of the basement was Maniacal Engineer's Regeneration Machine, fully repaired and operational. Entranced by the humming of the machine, Caps walked up to it and pulled out his cellphone, intending to take pictures for evidence. A precisely thrown knife knocked the telecommunications device out of the young moderator's hand and embedded itself into the machinery, making the phone useless.

"I wouldn't do that if I was you," said a familiar voice behind Caps, "then again, if I was you, you would be ME, and that can be arranged."
    TheCapsFan turned to face the newcomer and his boss, Maniacal Engineer, who looked thoroughly unfazed, and was trimming his right hand's fingernails with another knife.

"My hat's off to you for finding this place," said the mad scientist, "and for even being suspicious enough to go looking for it."
    "You haven't exactly been subtle recently," Caps pointed out.
    "True," said the engineer, examining his newly trimmed nails, "though that in and of itself should unnerve you."
    "I don't get unnerved easily," stated Caps.
    "Fair point," reasoned the Section Head, "but here's mine. If my normally inconspicuous evil plans are suddenly very conspicuous, what do you think that would mean?"
    "It means you're getting sloppy in your quest for more power," snarled Caps, causing ME to chuckle.
    "Wrong," he replied, twirling the knife in his robotic hand, "it means that it's too damn late to stop me."

Immediately, Caps was surrounded by 4 other MEs and backed against the basement wall.

"You see, Zexy was right," revealed the mad scientist, "my true goal in tinkering with the Regeneration Machine was to transform everybody into ME. In his clumsiness, he nearly undid all of the hard work I had put into this little scheme. Luckily, I was able to brush it off as his idiocy and, after I saved the day once again, nobody thought to dig any deeper."

As the MEs closed in around him, Caps pulled out his giant clock hands.
    "You'll never get away with this," he shouted.
    Maniacal Engineer actually tutted.
    "My dear boy, I already have," he said, chidingly.
    He walked over to his diabolical contraption and began fiddling with the controls.
    "Master of Espadas, Mathematical Engima, Mouse Electrocute, Monarch Enabler, contain him until the process is complete," he commanded.
    The hosts who used to be Sword Master, returnofMCH, Pikochu, and DarthWolf complied.

Master of Espadas knocked one of the clock hands out of Caps's grip with his fencing prowess. Mouse Electrochu created a magnetic field and whisked the other clock hand away from the young moderator.
    Thus disarmed, Mathematical Engima constricted him using complex mathematical equations, while Monarch Enabler summoned a horde of legendary leaders from throughout history to guard the captive. Though he struggled mightily, TheCapsFan could not escape this malevolent ensnarement.
    Maniacal Engineer's face glowed in the light of his fiendish device as he flipped the final switch.
    "Don't worry," he said sinisterly, "I am told that this process is largely painless."

The four other MEs stepped away just as the Regeneration Machine blasted out a wave of concentrated Muons and Electrons which bombarded Caps, mutating and enhancing him. The captive moderator screamed in agony as his very essence was manipulated.
    Maniacal Engineer just watched with an evil smile plastered on his face, as the other four stood impassively and observed.
    When the machine stopped, TheCapsFan was no more. In his place was yet another ME.

Mathematical Engima solved his scrambled calculus, releasing the new ME from the binds.
    "Welcome to the fold, my brother," said Maniacal Engineer, reaching out his organic hand. The new ME took a few uncertain steps forward and grasped it.
    "I shall call you Manipulator of Eons," said the Section Head, "after your penchant for perpetual punctuality."
    "Thank you, oh great leader," said the newly christened Manipulator of Eons, "I will serve you well."
    "That you will, good lad, that you will," agreed the madman, "for the time has come for my masterful endgame. Come, my brethren! First we shall claim The War Room, and then Bulbagarden itself shall fall at our feet! Nothing can stop us now!"

The remaining hosts sat around the meeting room, awaiting the arrival of Maniacal Engineer. Just as the clock struck, they heard the sound of marching emanating from down the hall.
    CheffOfGames went to investigate the cause of these mysterious noises, walked down the corridor several feet, and saw the MEs approaching.
    "What the?" he gasped, as he turned back to alert the other hosts.
    "Manipulator of Eons, stop him!" ordered the Super Moderator.
    The new ME raised his hand and mistakenly erased Cheff from existence.

Dear Slife, you are CheffOfGames, represented by Percy Jackson and the Mafia of Olympus.
    The game is famous for its 4-player neighborhood, which covered almost half the game. It also was the Debut of "Goddamn Kingmaker Again" DarthWolf, the independent all mafia teams love and all town teams... also love, because waffles. The mafia team consisting of Zexy the Neighbor and Doctor Floptopus the Rolecop forced a tie with the town, making Waffles the only true winner.

The role that is most representative of the game is the mafia neighbor. As a result, you are the Neighbor. You have a neighbor chat with a player of the town.

Slife was lynched. He was CheffOfGames from Percy Jackson and the Mafia of Olympus, Mafia Neighbor

The mafia faction has been eliminated

"Hmmmm..." pondered Maniacal Engineer, "we need to work on your control over your powers. That was a little heavy handed."
    The deranged Section Head shrugged and the MEs continued their approach to the meeting room.

On their arrival, the remaining hosts were immediately assimilated into the arME.

Dear AussieEevee, you are HumanDawn, represented by Super Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope's Peak Academy Mafia.
    The game is famous for using the concept of Forbidden Actions from the SDR3 anime in mafia. Everyone was Vanilla but had an action that would be lethal if performed. The game ended in a town win after a close call Final 3.

One of the simplest forbidden actions will appear in this game. You are the Forbidden Action: Talking In OC. If you send an OC message, you will die. You may receive OC messages, however.

Dear Sword Master, you are EeveelutionLover, represented by Pokemon Starters Mafia.
    The game is famous for its evolution mechanics that would only trigger when one member of a certain type or region was left alive. The game ended in a mafia win after only one mafia lynch in Day 1, because there were not enough powers and the mafia managed to hide well.

The game's mechanics were such that everyone was Vanilla until some other specific characters died. If this game were to be treated as one in which the only character from Pokemon Starters Mafia is the one of this role, the role would have its full power... but said full power was never revealed in the game. To avoid endless paradoxes, in this game, you are just the Vanilla. Your only power is your vote, so use it wisely!

AussieEevee died in endgame. He was HumanDawn from Super Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope's Peak Academy Mafia, Town Forbidden Action: Talking In OC

Pikochu died in endgame. He was EevelutionLover from Pokemon Starters Mafia, Town Vanilla

The town faction has been eliminated

Having murdered, enslaved, banned, or otherwise disposed of all of the other hosts, it was a simple task for ME to commandeer all of the mafia games in TWR, which were secretly traps that mercilessly ensnared the players, converting them into even more MEs. Very quickly, The War Room was completely converted. Shortly thereafter, the narcissistic Super Moderator covertly connected his Regeneration Machine to a satellite dish and began broadcasting his Muon and electron rays throughout the forum.
    Caught conveniently unprepared, the senior staff succumbed to the sinister signal's shape shifting sequence. Soon, the entire forum belonged to ME, who ruled it with his iron fist.
    None of the MEs created by the machine were as mighty or effectual as the original, though they were still powerful in their own rights, and any attempt at rebellion by the non-MEs was mercilessly ended.
    Maniacal Engineer was truly triumphant and had accomplished a flawless endgame. He basked in his own glory and did whatever he wanted, whenever he wanted. And he lived happily ever after.

Dear Alex Kaz, you are Sword Master, represented by The Simpsons Mafia.
    The game is famous for having 5 mafia members, making it unbalanced. Only one was lynched and the others quickly overpowered the town.

There was a mason team consisting of a Miller and a 3x JOAT, the Simpsons siblings. You are the Miller Mason. You have a mason partner you share a chat with and know that each other is town. Yet you will appear mafia in all copchecks.

---
    Converted to Neighbor Cult Member, then Cult Member
    Dear Elementar, you are returnofMCH, represented by Random Messages 2 Mafia.
    The game is famous for being the sequel of the August 2015 hit, Random Messages Mafia. Its theme and the FT Maniacal Engineer provided made it amusing. Role-wise, it had two neighborhoods, of 5 staff members (2 were mafia) and 3 millers (all town) with extra one-shot roles respectively. However, because of inactivity, it ended in an easy mafia win by TheCapsFan, MegaPod and (the accidentally lynched) Pikochu.

You are the Miller Neighbor 1x Roleblocker. You will appear as mafia in copchecks. You share a neighbor OC chat with other players. One night in the game, you may select a player and attempt to prevent them from using their role.

---
    Converted to Neighbor Cult Member
    Dear DarthWolf, you are Pikochu, represented by Periodic Table Mafia.
    The game is famous for FinalArcadia the Serial Killer who somehow managed to claim indep, get proven a liar and still win

Another major feature was the three way masonry with power roles, of which one was a Roleblocker which existed in another non-Mason copy in the town leading to counterclaims and mislynches. But the Mason picked for this game is a differen one. As a result, you are the Beloved Mason. You share a Mason chat with some other player and know that each other is town. If you die, the next phase is skipped.

---
    Converted to Neighbor Cult Member, then Cult Member
    Dear The Light, you are DarthWolf, represented by Star Wars Mafia.
    The game is famous for the 2-man independent team that could posess others and use their powers. It also included an Oracle role, clearly influenced by Olive, that Zexy played with a similar restriction.

You are the Oracle. Every phase (both days and nights!) you may ask the hosts a Yes/No question and you will get the answer at the end of the phase. The question needs to be such that could be answered before the role PMs are sent out, this means it must be related to setup and not to role assignment.

---
    Converted to Cult Member
    Dear Rainbow Cloud, you are TheCapsFan, represented by TWR Season '16 Mafia.
    The game is famous for being the prequel of this game. It debuted the idea of commemorating each TWR Season with a game that would include a role for each mafia host, whose role has appeared in a previous game of theirs. The game ended in a close-call town win, where Elieson was lynched despite putting his best effort.

Lots of roles could have reappeared in this slot, but the one most fitting for Caps who is part of a band would be related to music. As a result, you are the Singer. When you die, the mafia learns a random role that exists in the game.

Dear Pika_pika42, you are Maniacal Engineer, represented by Fruit Bowl Mafia 2.
    The game is famous for its Flying Spaggheti Monster role which was played by Zexy. It was a 1x Deathproof Weak Cult Leader. It was roleblocked for several consecutive nights, but Zexy managed to use it after the Roleblocker death to recruit Elieson and force a 2-man Cult win. This marks the only occasion where a hostile independent winner has managed to also obtain the Most Unlucky Player Award of the year for the same game, despite winning it!

Noodless to say, your role will be the Flying Spaggheti Monster. As a result, you are the 1x Deathproof Weak Cult Leader. You may survive one attempt at your life, being a lynch, kill or recruiting mafia. Each night, you may select a person and attempt to recruit them in your Cult; if they are not mafia, they will join you and gain the same win condition as you; if they are mafia, you will die or lose your Deathproof shot. If you die, all your Cult members will also die.

You are allied with the cult and win when all opposing forces are eliminated while you are alive
    • Pika_pika42 - Maniacal Engineer - Fruit Bowl Mafia II - 1x Deathproof Weak Cult Leader
    • Elementar - returnofMCH - Random Messages Mafia II - Miller Roleblocker 1x Neighbor -> Neighbor Cult Member
    • Alex Kaz - Sword Master - The Simpsons Mafia - Miller Mason -> Neighbor Cult Member -> Cult Member
    • DarthWolf - Pikochu - Periodic Table Mafia - Beloved Mason -> Neighbor Cult Member -> Cult Member
    • Changeling - DarthWolf - Star Wars Mafia - Oracle -> Cult Member
    • Rainbow Cloud - TheCapsFan - TWR Season '16 Mafia - Singer -> Cult Member
    all won in endgame! The Cult faction has won

The End of all things

Zexy woke up in a cold sweat. He sat bolt upright, though the action made him very dizzy and made the room spin. He took a moment to get his bearings. He wasn't in his bedroom, which was unusual, and there seemed to be quite a few empty beer bottles littered on the floor next to the futon on which he had been sleeping. He had a very bad headache, which he suspected was from his nightmare. He attempted to stand up, but the action proved to be too difficult, as his body seemed heavier than lead.
    The light flickered on, illuminating Maniacal Engineer's den. Zexy screamed. He was in the belly of the beast!
    Looking slightly worse for wear himself, the mad scientist fired a low energy blast from his robotic arm, which slightly singed the disconcerted Greek moderator.
    "Shut up, will ya?" shouted the Section Head crankily, "yeesh. I take pity on you and invite you over for a few drinks, you get drunk and pass out on my futon, wake up, and immediately start screaming. What's the matter with you, anyway?"
    "Stay away from me!" demanded Zexy, scrunching himself as far away from Maniacal Engineer as he possibly could, "you're evil!"
    "No I'm not, you're just an idiot," sighed ME, "you probably just had a bad dream. That's what you get for challenging me to a drinking contest."

Zexy breathed deeply for a few moments. It all started coming back to him. ME had invited him to his house to celebrate the recent box office success of his latest ME Movie. Zexy had agreed and then challenged his boss to a drinking contest. A poor decision if ever there was one. The Greek moderator groaned.
    "You finally remembering?" asked ME.
    "Why?" Zexy wondered, "what could have possibly possessed me to do that?"
    "Beats me," replied the Section Head, shrugging. He tossed Zexy an aspirin and handed him a glass of water and a blanket.
    "Get back to sleep," he ordered, "we'll talk about your unprofessional behavior tomorrow morning."
    Zexy groaned again, but took the aspirin and laid back down.
    Maniacal Engineer waited until Zexy's breathing had slowed down, indicating that the Greek moderator had gone back to sleep. He then went back into his kitchen and pulled out a smaller version of his Regeneration Machine, which he began tinkering with.
    "Soon," he muttered, "soon..."

Endgame!
    Congratulations to @Elieson and the Cult (@Pika_pika42 , @Elementar , @Alex Kaz , @DarthWolf , @Changeling and @Rainbow Cloud ) for winning the game!

Thanks to all who played. May I ask you a few questions about the game?

Did you enjoy the game?
    What did you think of the setup and the balance?
    What did you think of the flavor text?
    If you could change one thing in this game, what would it be?
    Any feedback you'd like to provide, which WE can take into account for designing TWR Season '18 Mafia?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back
    Top Bottom