• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Type colors you disagree with...

Andros 1337

Reaction score
I wonder, do you think any of the games' type colors seem inappropriate for the type?

Here are my opinons:

Fire IMO should be Red instead of Orange. The TCG has used Red for the Fire-type well before the Gen III games were introduced. Additionaly, the Stadium series also used Red for Fire, and in the Mystery Dungeon series, Fire-types prefer Red Gummis (Orange Gummis are for Fighting-types). Also, why would GameFreak title a game "FireRed" when orange is the color representing the type in the games?

Fighting IMO should be Maroon.

Normal should be White, as in the TCG and the Mystery Dungeon Series.

Dragon should be Orange.

Psychic should be Purple, as it always has been in the TCG.

Rock should be Gray, as it is in the Mystery Dungeon Series.

What does anyone here think?

I disagree with dragon as orange and psychic as purple, although I'm not sure what they currently are so I can't present very valid arguments. But my reason for psychic is that poison is already purple and that would get really confusing. Unless I'm mistaken...?
And dragon has always struck me as a kind of cool color type pokemon, the only dragon that's really *orange* is dragonite. And I don't really like dragonite that much. Orange as dragon just feels tacky to me.
Other than that, your changes seem reasonable, although again I'm not really sure what they were originally.

Dragon seems like a royal blue and Psychic a dark Purple, compared to Poison's reddish-purple. Also Ice could go white or cyan while Normal can go beige or white depending. The rest seem fine imo.

Yeah, I agree Fire should be red. Red DOES make a bit more sense...

Oddly, the Cool Contest is described as Red, but actually uses the same shade of orange as the Fire-type icon. Also, many orange-colored Pokémon are in the Red color category due to the lack of an Orange color category.

Well. In my opinion, Psychic, Dragon, and Normal are fine as they are. But Fire should be red. Fighting is okay either way, even though I suppose maroon is a personal preference. Oh, and Rock should most definitely be gray.

I`m fine with the type colors mostly, used to them I guess. Bug could be something different though, maybe a darker color.

I think they're okay how they are, apart from Normal being a little bit lighter (but not white) and Fire being red.

I never really liked Dark being brown. I think black would suit it better.

Grass
Fire
Water
Electric
Normal
Dark
Steel
Ice
Poison
Fighting
Flying
Psychic
Ghost
Bug
Dragon
Ground
Rock

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom