• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Type combinations that NEED to happen!

As interesting a double-typed pokémon might sound, and how would STAB be counted in such a case... The way the game works makes it that monotyped pokémon are those with type 1 and 2 the same, as far as I know.

All it would offer though would be entirely possible with an item (therefore giving this to all monotyped pokémon) or ability that increases type effects (including STAB).
Well, new pokemon are introduced in new generations, so even if the game is currently coded limiting redundant-pure pokemon types, there's no reason why this still couldn't make for a new pokemon.

Although, your idea for making this concept an item for every type is a great one--Eelektross would be a great holder of the Electric item under most conditions (not under Gravity, against a pokemon with Smack Down, or Moldreaker, etc.).

I also forgot to mention before, I want a Fighting type that isn't hand-to-hand martial arts based. Like something with a sword. Maybe a fighting/steel type with a sword for an arm etc. or just like a samurai/knight Pokemon. Or even a fighting/dark that was a ninja with shuriken, something like that.
There's Gallade and the Musketeer Quartet. I'd like more martial arts-based Fighting type pokemon (as I'll only credit Makuhita and Hariyama, Meditite/cham, Throh, Sawk, and Mienfoo/shao as being martial arts-based, with some of the Fire/Fighting starters being questionable, given their inspiration) or, instead, maybe something rather like Sawk and Throh that is based around wrestling. (I already came up for a unique move for such a pokemon: "Grapple," a 60 BP power that is like Pursuit, except it won't double in power when the opponent leaves battle.)

There's Gallade and the Musketeer Quartet. I'd like more martial arts-based Fighting type pokemon (as I'll only credit Makuhita and Hariyama, Meditite/cham, Throh, Sawk, and Mienfoo/shao as being martial arts-based, with some of the Fire/Fighting starters being questionable, given their inspiration) or, instead, maybe something rather like Sawk and Throh that is based around wrestling. (I already came up for a unique move for such a pokemon: "Grapple," a 60 BP power that is like Pursuit, except it won't double in power when the opponent leaves battle.)

Gallade is an example but the Musketeer Quartet can't really even use their arms... and even with Gallade, I was thinking I would want it to be more obviously a weapon than his arm. Kind of like how Blastoise obviously has canons in its shell, this thing would obviously have a sword. Also, I agree that I wish the Martial Arts based ones were more... focused? Like in my original suggestion of wanting on for each traditional Chinese Fighting Style.

I'm still hoping there will be a Steel/Ghost-type some time in the future. It's a good type combination, and it would be great if it could have Levitate as its ability, too.

Steel/Ghost - haunted suit of armor.

Grass/Electric would be interesting.

I've always wanted to see a Fire/Electric combo. They're my favorite types, so it would automatically be my favorite Pokémon. lol

Re: Type combinations you'd like to see

I really need to see a Dragon/Poison type, as it would be interesting to see a dragon type that resembles a viper perhaps, or something like that.

If this hasn't been mentioned before, Steel/Ghost. That would be awesome :D

Also, a Psychic/Fire type that actually justifies its typing. (I'm looking at you, Victini and Darmanitan.)

Steel/Ghost would be amazing, especially so if it gets Levitate as an ability (a fair few Ghosts do, so I'm just basing on that) and has good stats. Being only weak to Fire, having four immunities (Fight, Normal, Poison, Ground) and 7 resistances (Grass, Rock, Ice, Psychic, Bug, Dragon, Flying) with five neutral (Electric, Water, Steel, Ghost, Dark) is really awesome.

I'd like to see Electric/Psychic. It could be an interesting combination in terms of design. There's plenty more I'd like to see, so I'll post them later (tired atm).

OP, You do know there's such a thing as Jynx, right?

Anyway, why not A Steel/Ghost? awful lot of resists and immunities and its be just plain awesome to have some ghost with steroids and armor and all that stuff, eh?

And of course, this combination was said just posts before -.-

Fighting/Flying
hearts.gif

I was very pleased with the bounty of new types from this past generation, in fact the only one missing from what I was requesting was Grass/Ghost. Really just soooo many design opportunities.

Aside from that, maybe a Normal/Poison type? Imagine Chansey with STAB Sludge Bomb, such an enjoyable thought.
Wow, now that I think about it Fighting/Ground doesn't exist yet I don't think. That's one I'd like to see.
Psychic/Bug is the only other one I can think of off the top of my head.

There's soo many still.

EDIT: Did some math, there's just under 50 unused types still available.

I know Poliwrath exists, but I'd like to see more Water/Fighting. Electric/Poison could be fun, too, until the Digletts show up.

a Fire/Ice type would be SO epic! i could imagine it having a 1-stage branch evolution, ones fire-type, ones ice type, an the third is a fire/ice dual.
and possibly a grass/flying dual, aside from tropius, and give it an evolutionary line.

Grass-Dragon
Bug-Dragon
Ice-Bug

I wish to see non-legendary dragon types of those main types. Ice-bug just to add variety to the wonderful bug species.

I'd rather have a legendary Dragon-Grass. It'd be another legendary dragon, yes, but I hope they make it stand out on its own rather than belonging to any trio or anything. Just... a Dragon-Grass. Kinda like Celebi and those. Perhaps Heatran would be a better comparision.
Though the last thing we need are more 4x weak to ice dragons... But being a stand-alone legendary, it'd have all right to have all sort of unique moves and abilities, which in terms of creativity it would really benefit from, given how unusual moves are sort of the Grass type thing.

Bug-Dragon though, should've been a normal pokemon. I'd take that over any other Dragon-Ground or Dragon-Flying. (Or worse, Bug-Flying. So many potentially great pokemon shouldn't get that typing)

For a pleasant enough defence, I suggest a Poison/Steel. Only large problem (that I can think of right now) is Ground-type moves, though and that Steel would be quite resistant...

Ghost/Fighting -- Poltergeist-Like Pokemon
Dark/Bug -- Black Widow-Like Pokemon
Normal/Dark -- Not Sure, Maybe a Ninja-esque style pokemon
Ghost/Psychic
Rock/Ice
Poison/Steel -- Industrial-Based Pokemon

If this hasn't been mentioned before, Steel/Ghost. That would be awesome :D

Also, a Psychic/Fire type that actually justifies its typing. (I'm looking at you, Victini and Darmanitan.)

I agree about the Steel/Ghost type it is long overdue in my opinion, but I disagree with you about Victini I think it is justified as a Psychic/Fire type, as it is a greatly offensive Pokemon able to have both V-Create (one of the most powerful moves in the game) and TM-Psychic in it's move-pool, with decent stats to be used in all sorts of scenarios.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom