• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Type combinations that NEED to happen!

I agree about the Steel/Ghost type it is long overdue in my opinion, but I disagree with you about Victini I think it is justified as a Psychic/Fire type, as it is a greatly offensive Pokemon able to have both V-Create (one of the most powerful moves in the game) and TM-Psychic in it's move-pool, with decent stats to be used in all sorts of scenarios.

By 'justify', I meant one whose design actually makes sense in relation to its typing.

Fire/Water XDD What would it attack with? Boiling water? Hot steam? XDD
Blastoise with a flamethrower?

Or something like that. Maybe if they made it a pot of boiling water......even though the "pot" aspect would suggest a Steel subtype, but I've been wrong before.

Also, if they make a Fire/Grass 'Mon, they could go the route I had suggested (Burning Bush), or a joint cigarette.

I'm thinking that anything combined with Normal would be a basic form of that particular element (ex. Normal/Electric=Thunderbolt, Normal/Ghost would be like Casper, Normal/Grass is a patch of flowers, etc.)

Eh, just throwin' it out there.

I want Starters that are Fire/ Water, Water/ Grass and Grass/ Fire. With an exclusive move (to the three, so all of them could learn it) learnt either at a high level with third stage evolution or high level with first stage evolution.
Dual-typed Eeveelution.

I don't see why people like the idea of a Fire/Water type. I can imagine the final design being absolutely horrendous.

Wild FLAMBOIL appeared!

WTF is that thing!?

A Bug/Water type that's actually useful (I like Surskit's design though). If it evolves once/twice and has good stats then I would use it often. Bug/Dark, Bug/Psychic, Electric/Psychic, Grass/Dragon, Ice/Fighting, Electric/Fighting, Flying/Fighting, Ghost/Steel and Ghost/Grass would also be good.

Rock/Dragon- T Rex fossil pokemon anybody?

Psychic/Electric

Fighting/Flying- Flying is paired with every other type except fighting. It needs to happen already.

Grass/Ghost- if only the next starter would be this. Unlikely but a guy can dream.

Poison/Fire

Poison/Dragon- A Komodo dragon pokemon would fit the bill perfectly

Steel/Poison!!! look at all the resistances! Bug 4x's resist, Dark, Dragon, Flying, Ghost, Grass (4x's), Ice, Normal, Rock, Steel....thats 10 resistances! Plus an Immunity to Poison 11 resistances and would only have 2 weakness Fire and Ground (4x's) He'd be an excellent Wall (Hey Ferrothorn is 4x'sweak to Fire and he's one of the best Walls in the game) and Maybe a stat spread of

HP: 90
ATK:50
Def: 130
SAtk: 50
SDef: 130
Speed 30
Total: 480
Maybe he coud be a Metal Basalisk?

Last edited:
I agree with the poison/ dragon from the previous post. Also poison/ steel could work very well like a mercury or lead based pokemon. The mercury one would either be made of or have liquid metal somewhere and the lead one could base its design from a top hat. (Lead poisoning caused many people making top hats in the olden days to go crazy. Hence the expression- mad as a hatter. This also inspired the alice in wonderland character.) I must say, I really like the idea of a lead/ top hat designed poison/steel pokemon.

Steel/Poison with Levitate!!! look at all the resistances! Bug 4x's resist, Dark, Dragon, Flying, Ghost, Grass (4x's), Ice, Normal, Rock, Steel....thats 10 resistances! Plus an Immunity to Poison 11 resistances and would only have 2 weakness Fire and Ground (4x's) He'd be an excellent Wall (Hey Ferrothorn is 4x'sweak to Fire and he's one of the best Walls in the game) and Maybe a stat spread of

HP: 90
ATK:50
Def: 130
SAtk: 50
SDef: 130
Speed 30
Total: 480
Maybe he coud be a Metal Basalisk?

Hey just read your idea n thought imagine if they combined my poison/steel with yours! (Mine is below yours in the board) Mine has the design n yours has the ability and stats it would be the best pokemon in every way! Oh by the way it would be immune to ground due to levitate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey just read your idea n thought imagine if they combined my poison/steel with yours! (Mine is below yours in the board) Mine has the design n yours has the ability and stats it would be the best pokemon in every way!

Maybe the snake could have a move called Hatter Madness? It poisons and confues the target? He'd be great but with 50/50 offensive stats he's not going to be very offensive but a 90/130/130 Defensive spread will make it a great wall and give him some support moves and he'dbe set

Maybe the snake could have a move called Hatter Madness? It poisons and confues the target? He'd be great but with 50/50 offensive stats he's not going to be very offensive but a 90/130/130 Defensive spread will make it a great wall and give him some support moves and he'dbe set

Yeah and it could have a metal top hat for a head and a snakes body (with the top part of the mouth being the hole at the bottom of the hat and the lower jaw part of the snake) the eyes could be on the ribbon of the hat. I've already drew a rough sketch n it looks really badass!!

Yeah and it could have a metal top hat for a head and a snakes body (with the top part of the mouth being the hole at the bottom of the hat and the lower jaw part of the snake) the eyes could be on the ribbon of the hat. I've already drew a rough sketch n it looks really badass!!

Cool, link it so I can see

Can't right now, I'm on my blackberry n don't have a comp. I'll upload it sometime tho. I'm no artist, however. Maybe I'll ask around n see if anyone can draw it better.

not much of an artyist either...but I think he should have a prevo

HP: 50
Atk: 20
Def: 100
SAtk:20
SDef:100
Speed:20
BST: 310
Maybe he could be baby snake with a fedora?
Total:

not much of an artyist either...but I think he should have a prevo

HP: 50
Atk: 20
Def: 100
SAtk:20
SDef:100
Speed:20
BST: 310
Maybe he could be baby snake with a fedora?
Total:

Was thinkin that too like a just poison type where the hat's on top of its head so when it evolves the hat evolves and becomes its head, turning metal in the process?.

I think he should be Poison/Steel all the way

Fair enough th@ works 2. Actually, it would make the evolution more fluid n he could have a metal bit at the end of his tail like a spike or something. Wish nintendo were lookin at these posts. I really want 1 now lol

Fair enough th@ works 2. Actually, it would make the evolution more fluid n he could have a metal bit at the end of his tail like a spike or something. Wish nintendo were lookin at these posts. I really want 1 now lol

Itwould be cool and I might surpass Ferrothorn as the best Tank

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom