• 4chan is an 18+ website, and as such we do not want to expose our underage users to that site.

You may post screen shots and text from 4chan, but direct linking to the site or its archival sites is not allowed.

Thanks.

• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • Regarding Isle of Armor/Crown Tundra DLC Spoilers

For anyone browsing this section wishing to discuss spoilers and official announcements for the Isle of Armor as well as the Crown Tundra, please keep them to the Sword and Shield Expansion Pass thread. Please be courteous to those who wish to experience the DLCs without being spoiled. Thank you.

• Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Type combos?

Reaction score
I'm totes syked about these type combos, as i was just reading about which ones had never been used.. like ever
now i get it that electric/dark sounds like a contradiction but you might as well say electric/water or fire/water are but they done them!
i wouldn't want poison paired with steel or psychic because it feels like those types are above been poisoned
i think normal types can be paired with anything (unless ghosts) but they are an odd type and im not sure what defines normal, other then not having a particular type?
are you hoping to see any new type combos with the new pokemon?

Reaction score
I'm totes syked about these type combos, as i was just reading about which ones had never been used.. like ever
now i get it that electric/dark sounds like a contradiction but you might as well say electric/water or fire/water are but they done them!
i wouldn't want poison paired with steel or psychic because it feels like those types are above been poisoned
i think normal types can be paired with anything (unless ghosts) but they are an odd type and im not sure what defines normal, other then not having a particular type?
are you hoping to see any new type combos with the new pokemon?
Well, Electric/Dark makes sense since Dark-Type's Japanese name is Evil-Type, so it's not that contradictory.

And yes, Normal-Type is supposed to be the "neutral" type of Pokémon, so it can be paired with everything, even if I don't like those combinations.

By the way, I want to see Ice/Poison since I don't know how that would work out.

Reaction score
Dark/Fairy is one I definitely want to see. And Bug/Dragon since it’s the only type Dragon has yet to be paired with.

Reaction score
How would something be both a critter (bug) and a mythical beast (dragon) at once?
How many times has Fire/flying been used? i only think of Moltres, Ho-oh and Charizard

Reaction score
How would something be both a critter (bug) and a mythical beast (dragon) at once?
How many times has Fire/flying been used? i only think of Moltres, Ho-oh and Charizard
Well, Bug/Dragon was a missed opportunity for Flygon and Vibrava, since they are literal dragonflies. Also, you're forgetting Fletchinder, Talonflame and Oricorio, which are pretty common.

Reaction score
Well, Bug/Dragon was a missed opportunity for Flygon and Vibrava, since they are literal dragonflies. Also, you're forgetting Fletchinder, Talonflame and Oricorio, which are pretty common.
Still pretty sure Flygon is based on an Antlion, which look like Dragonflies, so it kinda makes sense that they are "pretending to be" and that's why they're not bug-type, although Antlions are bugs as well.

I really like Flygon and it's typing, I'd prefer a Bug/Dragon Yanmega or a new mon tbh.

Step into my crib everything smell like Cool Water
Reaction score
New type combos are always welcome. Personally, I'm hoping Gamefreak takes a second chance at making a non legendary Fire/Dragon type Pokémon, and have the result not end up being a Turtonator... Seriously. I want a REAL Fire/Dragon type Pokémon, not one that still triggers me years after release, haha.

I am always up for having more Dragon Pokémon though, with interesting designs and type combos, so hopefully we see some this generation.

Reaction score
New type combos are always welcome. Personally, I'm hoping Gamefreak takes a second chance at making a non legendary Fire/Dragon type Pokémon, and have the result not end up being a Turtonator... Seriously. I want a REAL Fire/Dragon type Pokémon, not one that still triggers me years after release, haha.

I am always up for having more Dragon Pokémon though, with interesting designs and type combos, so hopefully we see some this generation.
Honestly, while I get that some people don't like Turtonator, I'd prefer to get some of the other combos that haven't been used on non-legendaries or Megas before first. Like Dragon/Steel or Dragon/Ice.

Reaction score
Poison/Psychic, Psychic/Bug, and Dark/Fairy are the ones I'd most want to see.

Fairy/Fire and Ghost/Normal could be interesting too.

Reaction score
Normal combined with other types, especially secondary Normal types (am I the only one that likes this combination???)
Eeveelutions: Flying, Fighting, Ground, or Bug.
Fairy/Fighting
Another Fighting/Flying Pokemon.

Step into my crib everything smell like Cool Water
Reaction score
Honestly, while I get that some people don't like Turtonator, I'd prefer to get some of the other combos that haven't been used on non-legendaries or Megas before first. Like Dragon/Steel or Dragon/Ice.
I would really enjoy having a Dragon/Steel type Pokémon (as long as it actually looks like a Dragon). Steel type seems like it would be quite fitting for this region as well. It's a great type combination as well, it would only have weaknesses to the Ground type and the Fighting type.

Reaction score
One more pure flying type, poison/steel, and poison/fairy

A deeper shade of blue
Reaction score
I would like to see Bug/Dark, Grass/Fire, Electric/Poison, and Rock/Ghost

Reaction score
One more pure flying type, poison/steel, and poison/fairy
I feel that we were supposed to get more pure Flying types, but then they shove another type to it for some reason. Hoothoot, Noctowl and Ho-Oh were going to be pure Flying, but then they got a secondary type, so maybe they did that to other Pokémon.

Informed Casual
Reaction score
I’m rather shocked that we still don’t have a Ground/Fighting Pokemon yet. It just seems to write itself when you consider styles like wrestling and ground grappling.