• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Type combos?

I feel that we were supposed to get more pure Flying types, but then they shove another type to it for some reason. Hoothoot, Noctowl and Ho-Oh were going to be pure Flying, but then they got a secondary type, so maybe they did that to other Pokémon.
I think the whole concept of a pure flying type is that the Pokemon must be based on something that theoretically does not touch the ground. Tornadus is basically the embodiment of wind, so pure flying must be something similar.

I think the whole concept of a pure flying type is that the Pokemon must be based on something that theoretically does not touch the ground. Tornadus is basically the embodiment of wind, so pure flying must be something similar.
A cloud? A whirlwind? Weird that castform wasnt that.

Seeing as we're getting a Fighting/Ghost exclusive split, I hope we can get another Fighting/Ghost Pokémon that is considered normal in Galar. Same goes for Dark/Ice other than Weavile (since people say that might also be a type gym version exclusive split?) While having little bearing, I thought it would be a nice nod in reconciling the two.

But for types that do not exist yet, I would love for:
  • Fire/Ice - Frostfire sounds like an overall cool theme that I think should be explored in Galar tbh.
  • Fairy/Dark - Maybe like an evil pixie? UK is steeped in a lot of evil enchantress types anyways in their mythology and history
  • Poison/Fairy - Idk why this just sounds cool to me

Seeing as we're getting a Fighting/Ghost exclusive split, I hope we can get another Fighting/Ghost Pokémon that is considered normal in Galar. Same goes for Dark/Ice other than Weavile (since people say that might also be a type gym version exclusive split?) While having little bearing, I thought it would be a nice nod in reconciling the two.

But for types that do not exist yet, I would love for:
  • Fire/Ice - Frostfire sounds like an overall cool theme that I think should be explored in Galar tbh.
  • Fairy/Dark - Maybe like an evil pixie? UK is steeped in a lot of evil enchantress types anyways in their mythology and history
  • Poison/Fairy - Idk why this just sounds cool to me
Dark/ice with queenly majesty.
Ghost/fighting. Though about voodoo doll but viking , monkey or other would be nice

FIRE/FAIRY

Volcarona (Cutesy Forme)

love me

-raises hand-
I wanna see a Normal/Ghost-type.

The utter irony of not being able to kick your own ass.
I would want to but ,man, this thing needs ultra terrible stats and moves so it won't be overused in the vgc , because three immunities and two resistances and 1 weakness would make it legendary

Fast Steel/fighting mouse musketeer themed swordsman. Weird that we have only Lucario. A other much faster, even if weaker pokemon would also be good. With fake out... A other kind of regional rodent.

Hmmm still thinking about a Hand pokemon like Hand from the Adams family. Ghost/normal? Ghost/fighting? And about a Haunted book pokemon , ghost/fairy ? that could use the same moves like vespiqueen but would have unowns and do them with letters.

Last edited:
Poison/Fairy and Electric/Dark are now both off the unused list. Sadly, Dragon/Fairy has been put back on the unused list due to the removal of Mega Evolution.

Poison/Fairy and Electric/Dark are now both off the unused list. Sadly, Dragon/Fairy has been put back on the unused list due to the removal of Mega Evolution.
There will be a new line.
Dark/normal is also first time used.
Hope mega altaria comes back in next game and gen4 remake

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom