• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Type:Null as a tank?

Wi-Vi

title = (Wi-Vi)?"The very best":"Close second";
Reaction score
Move this to gen VII theorymon if you think it belongs there but now that the games have been out for a couple days I'mma create myself a thread.
Type:Null is certainly interesting, he has decent stats all round, the ability to prevent crits, and only 1 weakness.
I noticed Type:Null's stats stay almost the same when he evolves so why even evolve? What do you think of this:

Type:Null
Ability: Battle Armor
Item: Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 spDef
Nature: Impish
Moves:
-Metal sound
-Tri-attack
-Rest //only recovery move it can learn :-(
-Sleep talk //So that rest doesn't mess you up
//Other options
-Swagger
-Toxic
-Thunder wave
-U-turn
-Return/Frustration
-Aerial Ace
-Razor wind

Type:Null has decent stats all around, but a lackluster movepool, the only stat that increases upon evolving is his speed. Instead of evolving though I'd like to know how he would do with an eviolite status-tank sort of build.
This build is intended doubles where a second pokemon will be able to take a more offensive role. It's still a good idea to have at least 1 attack because of taunt.

Ehh... I'm sure that Porygon2 would do this strictly better thanks to it getting similar defensive stats and Recover, in addition to Trace copying an ability like Water Absorb or Flash Fire. I don't know if they can be found in Alola but that's what I'd recommend if they are.

I noticed Type:Null's stats stay almost the same when he evolves so why even evolve?
For Silvally's RKS System, an ability that changes its type when holding one of 17 "Memories.

I did get the idea from the porygon2 build.
Now that the game is available we know that porygon can be found in Alola.

I might have been been overselling it a bit with "Why even evolve?" but I've tried it out and it's not half bad. (but it's certainly not OP)
I'm not a huge fan of the evolutionary line but if you get one with a bad nature or you want to use him in ru or nu or wherever he ends up here's a way he can be used.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom