• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Types you always have in your in-game team?

I've always used Fire, Water, and Grass types simply because of the whole starter concept. You see, even during the days where I couldn't have all three starters, I would go with two Pokemon of the types that I didn't choose at the beginning of the game. I'm not too sure why I feel like I must have those types. It must be out of habit or something.

I always run at least 1 Water and 1 Flying types when playing for fun. In X and Y I used Blastiose and Talonflame.

Grass as they have good status moves, and can safely switch into STAB-Water/Ground.
Electric as they are generally quick, and can use Thunder Wave.
Dragon, due to them generally being powerful all-round and have good movepools.
Psychic - as they seem to generally have good Abilities.
Steel - due to their load of type resistances

I like to have an Electric, Flying, Water, Grass/Ground, Fire and Phychic with me. If I can get a Mon like Emolga, or Charazard which will cover 2 types at the same time that leaves a slot available for another type like Ice for when I encounter a Dragon type. I also like to have a mon that has the pickup ability. I love finding things in their hands after running around for a few.

In Y my party of choice is Yveltal, Emolga, Delphox, Venusaur, Linoone, Lapras. I had Picachu before I encountered my first Emolga, and Charazard was in my team before Yveltal came, the others were with me pretty much from the time I started and on first encounter. This team works well and will cover each other nicely, I have a defence for most types and an offence for all types. This team took down the Elite 4 at level 70 pretty well, easily at 75 and now I stomp on them at 100.

Dom

I will always, always carry a Grass type with me (usually the Starter.) Water and Fire are pretty much omnipresent in my teams as well. Aside from that, the rest of the team can vary in types, although I almost always catch and train the region's pseudo legendary for my party, which more often than not means I end up with a Dragon type.

Fire, Water, and (most of the time) Ground.

Fire because it is my favorite type, Water because they can learn Ice-type moves, and Ground to cover Rock-type moves. I only use three Pokemon during the storyline, and those are usually the types I go with (this generation change Ground to Electric).

I always have a Psychic type, usually Espeon or Alakazam, a water type for Surf and Ice moves, which is often the starter, and an electric type, since I like fast sweepers.
The rest tends to change every game.

Water and Flying are almost necessary types for regular playthroughs, although Fighting and Ground are pretty good since they seem to usually get decent coverage against the gyms and E4.

I do not know why but it always been fire and fighting types. It is just natural for me to choose a fighting and fire type Pokemon in every game.

I normally have the "big 3"; fire, grass and water on my team. Flying is usually there as well.

Another thing for me to mention is that I almost exclusively use dual-typed Pokémon on my teams. There are a few exceptions, but overall I've found dual types to be more useful than single types.

I usually try to have a fire type, except in Gen IV because I think the only fire type in the game was Ponyta, unless you started with Chimchar. I also need to have a water type (even though I hate them). Then I always try to have a psychic type because they are one of my favorite types! Those are usually the ones I must have.

Flying-type and Water-type, so I can use Fly and Surf when needed. The rest are just whatever I feel like using, because I always keep a group of Pokémon that I rotate.

I always find having a fire-type or fire-type attack on my competitive teams to come in handy. But otherwise, their aren't any particular types I consistently have on teams.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom