• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Types you thought there were as a kid

GuyWood

Reaction score
Did you ever think there was a certain type that there wasn't? I hope I'm not the only one. There are 4 that I remember: Leaf Type, Lightning Type, Bird Type (like it actually existed on all birds) and I thought Sudowoodo was a Wood Type, and there had been 3 additions to generation two. And it sort of counts, but flame instead of Fire, I guess like leaf and lightning for grass and electric.
In addition, is there a type you've just always thought should have existed? I still think there should be a Light Type!

There was going to be a Bird Type, but it was scrapped, I think. (Missingno. is part Bird Type.)

Um... for me, just bird. I always thought there'd be a bird-type.

The first time I read the Pokedex and I saw the classification, I thought that it was there type.

So I thought that Caterpie was worm type and rattata was mouse type until my sister corrected me

Surprisingly no,but I thought there were less types since I started with TCG and later moved on to games,so I thought Fighting,Rock and Ground Pokemon to be the same type or Normal and Flying;Bug,Grass and Poison etc.

I thought there was a bird type as a kid and that all the birds were of that type instead of flying.

And, no, I never thought there was a light type. And I don't think there needs to be a light type. At all.

I didn't think there were any types that in fact don't exist, but I messed up typing big time for Milotic. I thought it was Dragon and Water, or Ice and Water, or Water and Normal... and then I checked Serebii and slapped myself when I found out it was just a Water type.

I used to think there was a Light type because there was a Dark type.

Light type seems...out of place in Pokemon. Since Gen.II I considered Psychic to be Pokemon equivalent of Light type in other games.

I think it goes without saying that most of us thought there was a Bird type, myself included. And also for me, I was always confused when I'd read a pokedex entry and see a pokemon classified as type: mystic pokemon, or type: atrocious pokemon :S

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom