• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Tyranitar vs Hydreigon

Envoy

Formerly GTT
Reaction score
Tyranitar vs Sazandra

248.png
VS
635.png

Okay. last one for a while, I promise.

I wouldn't have normally done this, but I was so surprised nobody else had that I just couldn't help myself.

They're both pseudo legendaries, they're both Dark types, they both have fantatic abilities. Tyranitar is a Rock type while Hydreigon is a Dragon type. Tyranitar is more physically inclined while Hydreigon is more specially inclined.

Which do you prefer?

Who'd win in a fight?

Who's more useful?

I'm going to vote for Tyranitar at the moment since I've yet to use Hydreigon. I tend to like special attacks better than physical ones though, so my opinion is subject to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Tyranitar vs Sazandra

Hmm, tough choice. So tough it results in a tie for me >_>

Which do you prefer?
Hydra.
Who'd win in a fight?
Hydra.
Who's more useful?
*shrug*

Sazandra because it looks cooler, has awesome typing, and has Levitate.

Tyranitar has that pesky 4x weakness to Fighting.

Whereas Sazandra has two immunities and is a special attacker ^_^

I also just like it better for its Dragon typing.

Heh, reminds me of Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah. All thats missing is Urugamoth as Mothra, Ononokus as Destoroyah, and Aerodactyl as Rodan.

Anyway, picking Tyranitar because I've had a bit of history with him both in-game and competitively. And before you ask, yes I'm a bit of a nerd for knowing Godzilla characters.

Sazandra. I'm only picking favorites at this point but still.

Tyranitar. They both are pretty even for me but Tyranitar gets Dragon Dance.

ANY Pokemon that gets that move, even if it would never use it, instantly becomes way more awesome.

I've used Sazandra in-game, and it is an amazing special sweeper.

I say Sazandra. It has better typing, no double-weakness, 2 immunities, and can KO T-tar with Focus Blast.

Wow, a 50-50 split.

Anyway, who did you expect I'd choose? Look to the left. XD

Which do you prefer?
Tyranitar. Some habits die hard.
Who'd win in a fight?
Sazandra used Focus Blast!
Who's more useful?
Well I dunno. Tyranitar works good both solo and with a team(as a sandstorm setupper); has more stat increasing options but also more weaknesses. Sazandra has lesser issues to worry about but only has Cheer Up. I guess the edge for Tyranitar in general but Sazandra is more ready(eg: doesn't need that amount of boost to begin with.)

I went with Sazandra for being the first special attack based pseudo and for being an awesome three headed dragon.

For now I like Sazandra better. I don't really like Tyranitar.

Tyranitar. Probably the best Dark type I have and know.

Tyranitar, although i really like Sazandra

Sazandra has one of the coolest pokemon design, also it's awesome typing dark/dragon. I haven't really used this two pokemons much. I don't use Tyranitar before. My pick would be Sazandra. I'd love to explore more this pokemon.

Well, I love Tyranitars design, and it can be a beast if used properly.
I havnt used Sazandra, and I dont really like its design, so T-Tar for me!

Godzilla vs King Ghidora? I'm at a loss I like them both too much to decide between them.

Ttar for history. (Though I don't use him in battle really, or ever...)

I like Sazo less for its lack of immediate competition, though TTar can do SO many things that most/all of his rivals can't--even upon entry. They're both too powerful for my taste.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom